Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Noa

Den-O flash game

Post by Noa »

Here's the flash game.
I'll post info on it in a bit.

Need a break, as I had a whole lot written up on it, and I accidently hit something that moved this page to somewhere else, hit back button, and everything I wrote was GONE.

siiiiiigh.

Anyway...

http://www.johnnychoi.com/jow/design_flash.php?id=9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Den-O flash game

Post by takenoko »

I've been playing it. It's pretty amusing, not too difficult at all. At level 10 the rules kind of change, but it takes a while to get there. I'm still not sure what all the different techniques are yet
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Hey! This flash game might be what Liner_Form has always wanted.

EDIT: I've played the game and for some reason, it reminded me of playing too much time wasting on Bejeweled and its sequel back in the old days (and I'm still playing it today, when I get the chance!)...
Noa

Post by Noa »

I'm amazed no one here has ever seen this before. It's been out for a while now, though the creator has put out several revisions.

Basicly, I visit 4chan flash pages, and someone posted this there. It's sort of like a similer game called Zookeeper, but that one has a timer on it, and if you take to long to try and figgure out a match, the timer runs out and you loose. I like the open ability of this one, which allows me to keep it going and come back to it while bored or waiting on something.

I'll post tips here of what I've learned of it so far, but I would ask that anyone who can help translate the page this comes from to do so. I tried useing google translate, but it only sees the flash itself, and not the rest of the page.

Anyway, here's what I've learned how to play so far.
You start off with the 6 icons of

1 Momotaros
2 Urataros
3 Kintaros
4 Ryutaros
5 Sieg
6 Deneb

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

You match up the icons by clicking one, and then an icon adjoining it, they switch spots, and if either one match up with other icons on the other side, they vanish, you get points, the icon's theme sound, and new ones join in from the top.
Sometimes as ones vanish, this allows other icons to move into match positions, thus, you can sometimes get a chain going. The game keeps record of how many chains you do, 3, 4, 5 chains, and a max amount. My current record is 9 chains.

If you match up 4 icons in a row, the 4 will vanish, but a new icon will take it's place. The possessed version of Ryotaro shows up. (except for the Denib, where you get a possessed version of Yuto Sakurai)
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

These are known as [FULL CHARGE], and matching them up with other icons removes a whole block of 9 around them. If a FULL CHARGE icon is in range of another FULL CHARGE's area of effect, they'll also set off thier charge, and thus, with several linked up that way, you can clear out a large section of the board in one shot.

If you manage to get 5 icons in a row matched, you get... NAOMI!!
If you click on her, and then on any other icon, you get COFFEE TIME!, and all icons of the one you switched with go byebye.
A reccomendation from me is to clear the board as much as you can of all but two types, and then click the one that that she's next to that you have a lot of, which will leave a ton of the remaining one on the board, and set up some massive chains, and even possibly get you more Naomi's.
Supposedly there's ways you can get a super coffee time, but I've never seen it, and can't figgure out how to do so. (this is what we need someone to translate the instructions for. Here's what I got when I tried useing google.
Translation: Chinese » English
SUPER COFFEE TIME:
Naomi with another piece to an icon each other out Naomi location, availability Naomi premium Ka Feiquan "Super Coffee Time", score by 2 ah!)

Okay, need to pause in gameplay here to point out a few things you should know about.
Most important, you can save the game. On the bottem row, the icon that looks like a portable hard or disk drive is the save button. It'll bring up a card asking if you want to save, yes or no. You can only have one save game, so it's a good idea to do this every once in a while, and usually before you're about to try something that may or may not work. You'll need this feature a lot more later on.
The folder icon is the load game.
The one after that uploads your score to a database, supposedly only useable from the main page loading, and not from a save game on your computer.
That feature has been suspended currently.
The next one is fullscreen.
And of course, sound off, sound on.

If you click on the score, you'll get a stats listing, and what's unlocked so far.
Supposedly there's a way to enter cheat codes, but I'm not sure how to yet, nor do I want to at this point.
The one below that has the version of the game, currently beta 2.5, and the level you're up to.
WARNING! If you click on this, it'll take you to the johnny choi home page.
The PROBLEM with this is, it'll force the current browser window to do this.
THIS is how I lost all that I had written before, so it's something to watch out for if you have the browser window on something you need to stay on.

More to come...
Last edited by Noa on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa

Post by Noa »

Continueing on instruction for the game,

As you progress, you'll notice you'll increase in levels. When you hit level 10, you'll get a drama sequence. Seig has to leave for now, and unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do for him at this point. But you did good work getting this far, and you may see him again.

Seig's icon is then replaced by Ryotaro's icon.
If you match up 4 of Ryo's icons, you'll get the henshin mask.

By clicking on one of the main 4 Imagin, and then the mask, you get one of thier super forms.
Clicking on Momo and then the mask, you get:
Sword form.
This clears out a whole horizontal row.

Ura+mask=
Rod Form. Solid Attack + Den Rider Kick
This clears out the main point, and then clears on past that, and also 3 to either side.

Kin+mask=
Axe Form. Dynamic chop
This clears out a whole row verticaly.

Ryu+mask=
Gun Form.
He clears out a whole 9 block.

As you continue on, you'll eventually see the numbers
369#
on the space between the board and the score.
When you use a form after this point, each one will light up, untill after you use all 4 forms, all 4 are lit up.
At this point, the next time you use Momo and the mask, you won't get the normal sword form. You get... THIS
Climax Form!
This clears out pretty much half the board in a massive directed shot.

NOTE: If you want to switch icons of helmet and normal icon, without triggering the form effect, click on the helmet, THEN the other icon. This will just cause them to switch normally.

Back to Ryotaro.
If you manage to line up 5 Ryo's, you get Hana!
Clicking Hana is the same as coffee time, in that she clears all of a specific icon you click with her, but she apparently has a couple extra moves, which again, I haven't seen nor can figure out how to do.
Translation: Chinese » English
Hana pawn to pawn with no basic or special Lv1 pawn each other out here,
And scores were cancelled and the audience rating is directly proportional to pawn.

SUPER HANA TIME:
Hana with another piece to a pawn Hana each other out here, Hana can enjoy the "Super Hana Punch", also by two scores ah! (To the audience as the medical expenses it…)

SUPER MILK DIPPER:
Hana ????? piece and pawn out of the special effects: secret ±
Lv 0 * grade at the calculation. With the rise in grades, scores will be incremental.
Yay google. (blegh)

Okay, then there's Denib. At some point you'll get an unlocking of him, and when you line up 5 of him, you get Yuto Sakurai.

If you just double click him, you'll get
Altair Form.
The pattern for this is, start point, then two adjacent lines down for 5 squares.
If you click on Yuto, and then on a denib, you'll get
VEGA FORM
The pattern for this is start point, then two adacent lines either side up one, going all the way up.

The listing of all the forms is as follows:

Deno Sword form
Deno Rod form
Deno Ax form
Deno Gun form
Deno Climax form
Zeronos Altair form
Zeronos Vega form

As you unlock each of these, when you restart the game, you'll sometimes get a different start screen.

More to come...
Last edited by Noa on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa

Post by Noa »

After level 20, you'll get another incident.
Black icons that look like this.

These things are annoying because you can't switch them with any other icon except Kintaros. Why him, I have no clue, but at least you CAN switch with someone. The problem is, manuvering a kintaros to where you want it, and then lineing up OTHER kintaros in the match position so it'll stay.
You can clear these out by using either the FULL CHARGE effect, or any of the forms.
This will also get you a LOT of extra points for clearing them out with the forms.
But... you may wish to keep them.

If you line up 3 of the level 1 black icons, you'll get
a level 2 icon.
If you manage to line up 3 of those, you get
This one is switchable with any other icon now.
BUT...
If you double click it, you get...
SIEG!!!
And... since you can make masks with the 4 Ryo's, if you match up Seig and the mask, you get,
WING FORM!
And another unusual pattern to clear things out with.

So far this is all I've been able to get done, with a score up over 100 trillion so far.
It says there's a zeroliner form still locked, but I think it's something the creator is still working on at this point. I'll just keep checking back on the page, and if there's an update, I'll snag that and start over again.

Anyway, it's because of this game that I tracked down this site, I started DLing Kiva, but I wasn't really thrilled with that series. I REALLY like Den O tons more. This series is a hoot!

Only pisser thing is... it's over. Hopefully they may make more spinoffs on it in the future.
It seems to have real staying power.
Currently I'm up to episode 25, and still working on DLing the rest.

Thanks for having me, I'll be on IRC now and then if you need me.
I'm also in Guildwars under the name Noa Brightinton.
Last edited by Noa on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

This game, is way too cute, and FAR too addicting XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Looks like the images are hot linked. Can you move those to an image hosting service?
Noa

Post by Noa »

okay. Links are edited to another source. Long as no one overslams it, it'll be fine.
(btw, I notice we're getting a lot of visits from Google[bot]. Who's that?)
Last edited by Noa on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Kogashi wrote:This game, is way too cute, and FAR too addicting XP
I couldn't agree more.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Don't forget to save your progress at the bottom
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

X3

Oh, man. This is like Bejeweled all over again. I want to give up the game and yet, my brain wants me to keep playing.
Noa

Post by Noa »

okay, yeah, I guess I'd better detail this one bit.
There's times you may get stuck, or you're not happy with how a batch turned out. Or you need to shut off the computer and do other things.

These two icons are your friends.
ImageImage

The first one saves games, second one pulls up the saved game. Try not to let things go to long without saving, or when something does go bad, especially later on if you have to many of the black icons, you'll hit a point where you can't do anything. And if you save at that point where you can't do anything... well...
you gotta start over.

Or if you do use the save, you find you're back about 20 levels from before.

Oh... if anyone figgures out how to get super coffee time, or super hana punch, lemme know.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Coffee Time is so crazy.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

SON OF A-!

I had well over 100 trillion points (Level 42 or so), but then firefox crashed T_T

No idea how to unlock Hana's special moves or Liner and Zero form... Though I have a guess in terms of Hana.
Last edited by Kogashi on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”