Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Kiva 32 Released

Post by Silent_X »

Who throws a shoe? Honestly.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Silent_X wrote:You know that bank robber wasn't wearing a shirt with buttons.
This is the only reason Nago let Wataru go after him. I would stake my life on it. "No buttons on that guy? Well... I guess that Wataru can get him, then."
Silent_X wrote:Who throws a shoe? Honestly.
HA. Yes.

"Is it to collect buttons?" Best. Line. Ever. I was thinking it, and Wataru SAID IT. GO WATARU. Nago's quick, angry denial was also hilarious. And his random threats with the chair. I think he's gone completely insane.

I liked the way Otoya instinctively recoiled at the thought of marriage. Apparently Yuri being his "fated" woman isn't enough for him to want to make it official. Then again, it's her own fault for not paying attention to the only two things in the world that Otoya can't stand (people getting engaged, and MEN WHO DEFY HIM... or was it bratty kids?).

Then again, I wouldn't want to marry someone who WALKS AWAY in the middle of IRONING CLOTHES and then is SHOCKED when it BURNS. Here's your sign....

Did Bishop even move from that spot on the stairs? I have a sneaking suspicion he does odd things to entertain himself when Mio is off being emo and not executing Fangire, and somehow ended up glueing his own feet there. That, or, you know. Some normal reason.

Shock, the man with the black glove is Taiga. Shock... shock... shock...

I think I had other stuff to say, but I've forgotten. I think Otoya will go after Maya now that Yuri has spooked him with the marriage talk. Even if it's just to prove he doesn't have to be tied down to one woman. And re-instate his manliness.

Or something.

Wow, long post. I think I'll go sleep now.

Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, the nerd Fangire was great. It was just so random
I actually thought it was pretty clever of the writers. Making him a nerd probably means his love interest doesn't love him back. It is unfortunate since he is still subject to execution for breaking the fangire law against loving humans.

Does anyone deny that Nago "training" Wataru literally stole the spotlight from the entire episode? I couldn't stop laughing during the entire sequence.

It was a little painful seeing Wataru and Mio using a "battered wife excuse" for their injuries.

An alternate title for the show should be Kamen Rider KKK. We now know that the Checkmate Four are in essence stained glass supremecists. Individual System's lyrics about "white justice" don't seem so out of place anymore.

The Japanese sure like eating paella (I've seen is referenced in a lot of dramas) though they never seem to be able pronounce it correctly, causing headaches for many translators. I shouldn't be surprised that it is a popular dish in Japan since paella is simply seafood, vegetables and rice.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

HEY, I don't know about that KKK shit. But it's just the same formula we have seen recycled over the years.

ArcaneMagus_JCC
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Ren / Go-on Blue
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by ArcaneMagus_JCC »

Silent_X wrote: You know that bank robber wasn't wearing a shirt with buttons.
Maybe that's why Nago asked Wataru to catch the robber. Because he won't have any button to collect when he does it himself. LOL!
blackv8 wrote: I keep wondering if there will be an explanation for how Mio happened to be queen (so far she seems about the only character who we haven't been led to believe is a descendant of the 1980s characters).
I was thinking of the same thing. Mio sure didn't look surprised when Bishop told her that she is the new Queen. Perhaps she really knew that she was a Fangire all along???
Kogashi wrote: He's still a prick for going after his best friend's girl but he doesn't know cause Mio didn't tell him, like in an attempt not to get shattered like all the fangire that love humans like Mio thinks Wataru is.
I don't think Taiga is going after Mio because he likes her. It's their duty as King and queen to be together after all.

Some comments:
>The scene w/ Wataru and Nago was just so hilarious. :D
> The Pearlshell Fangire's attack kinda looks good.
> Regarding the scene w/ Otoya and Yuri, I sort of felt sad for Yuri. Otoya really isn't the kind of person who would settle down.
> Maya's transformation is similar to Wataru's. Hmm...
> The nerd fangire looked like the nerd in Boukenger.
> So the Checkmate Four used to live in Castle Doran? I wonder how it came to Kiva's possession.
> The scene w/ Taiga and Megumi was also hilarious. Megumi was flat out rejected by Taiga. :p
> Correct me if I'm wrong... the actor who plays Taiga, is he the same actor who played Seiji Hayami in Cutie Honey the Live? :shock:
Arms Monsters ^_^

ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

*currently watching Kamen Rider Den-O* ... is it just me or that pic of Ramon/Bashaa by ArcaneMagus_JCC reminds me of Daiki - that football kid who made a contract with the crab imajin - from Kamen Rider Den-O episodes 5-6 or they just look alike?
Last edited by ryujin on Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Oh, thing I forgot. Riki when he was in Dogga form... He had some flowers in his jacket up near his face. You only see it for a fraction of a second before he attacks Maya but they're there. Almost like the creature designers are saying "See, we read the book... Or at least saw the movie..." ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
riderkicker
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: BLACK
Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
My boom: King! Ha!

Post by riderkicker »

Fine episode, although it could've used more 80s action.
At least Mio and Wataru didn't suffer from a "boking accident."

A metal that can deflect a laser? Wouldn't IXA love to have it as armor instead of whatever the eff it's made of?

Oh, that new Rider.
Spoiler
hiss!
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I find it more than a shade likely that Taiga is that new rider, whatever his name is. He's got to do SOMETHING as King, and his bodyguard seems to be doing the job that's supposedly his.

"Do you know why I am a bounty hunter?"
*pause*"Is it to collect buttons?"
As everybody has said, BEST LINE EVER.
Sarcastic_Jamie
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Actor?: Ikuta Toma
Favorite Band: Shinee,2pm
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Glee
Quote: Life's a bitch and she has puppies.

Post by Sarcastic_Jamie »

> Correct me if I'm wrong... the actor who plays Taiga, is he the same actor who played Seiji Hayami in Cutie Honey the Live? :shock:
Yep that is indeed the guy who played Hayami.

He's so hot here in cutie honey he was just the cute dork side kick.

Being the wataru/nago fan that I am. I'll say that Nago was jealous seeing wataru playing with taiga in the dirt.
Darren Criss is my future baby's Daddy.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Makai Knight > Kamen Rider
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
+Kardboard+
7X
Favorite series: Love them All!
Favorite Actor?: Me.
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity
My boom: boom

Post by +Kardboard+ »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Makai Knight > Kamen Rider
Totally agree there. He will always be that serious oni-chan to me, but then watching Cutie Honey cracked me up because he was so different there. :)

Wataru is awesome, his line and the RIDER SHOOOOE move will probably go down as some of my highlights for the series. I wonder who the old King was?

Spoiler
Also, more lmao at the forthcoming-male-bonding-in-the-tub redux....and NOOOO...MOMO!!!!! T___T
Only slightly mobile phone-obsessed.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Is that Van Tomiko in your av?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
+Kardboard+
7X
Favorite series: Love them All!
Favorite Actor?: Me.
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity
My boom: boom

Post by +Kardboard+ »

Yes sir, it is.
Only slightly mobile phone-obsessed.
famicomman
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Dreamy: Megumi-san!!
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Nihongo

Post by famicomman »

KickHopper wrote:
garfield15 wrote:Seriously, what was he going to do with that thing anyway
Don't you know? It's a law of nature that if you throw a chair at any time it'll start a huge fight.

Spoilery theory!

Spoiler
Taiga and Wataru are half brothers, obviously. Maya finally realizes what it is to love a human with Otoya, and Otoya falls for Maya and her mysterious super hotness. They do the horizontal mambo, but the 1980s King finds out and fights Otoya, becoming the evil Kiva that everyone talked about in the beginning of the series. There's a big battle between 1980s IXA and Kiva that almost destroys the world, and they kill each other. Maya runs off somehow stealing Castle Doran raises Wataru herself, asking Kivat and the three Arms Monsters to protect him and that when the time comes to give him their power to protect humanity.
your theory doesn't hold up because on several occasions Jirou mentions that "We promised Otoya we would protect this child."
Also, the new Rider
Snip
NIPPON BANZAI!! JOIN THE REBELLION!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”