Anyone get inspired by Densha?

Forum rules
Wiki Link
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Anyone get inspired by Densha?

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

I gotta admit, Densha Otoko is one of my favorite anythings out there. I love the story, I love the characters and I know a lot of people can feel like Densha at times.
I myself would consider myself a nerd, I would be really shy and timid when seeing a girl I found attractive. Mainly not even talking to them or avoiding them completely. Most of my friends were really online and I often sought their advice. Truth be told that I didnt even get my first kiss until I was about to turn 18 and this was back in April, first girlfriend at that (although she left me after 6 months, but better than nothing).
A lot of the struggles he had to go through were something I really respected about Yamada and it was great to see him make it in the end.
Seeing this did make me a little bit more open, though I'm not as confident as I wish I was, the story did teach me that it's best to not be afraid of what others think about your interests, 'cause if someone did like you, they wouldnt care, hell you might even find out that they might enjoy some of the same stuff you do.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not really. The one time I saw a girl being yelled at by this douchebag I really didn't do anything. The guy was yelling so loud I could hear it from about a block away. I stopped and watched to make sure he didn't hit her or anything, but it looked like she was on her knees and was crying.

He finally noticed me and said "What the fuck are you looking at?!" I keep looking. "What the fuck. Stop looking!" What a moron, right? I started to approach, but then decided it'd be better to call the cops on him. By the time I reached a phone though, they had already left.

I hope that girl left that guy, talk about anger issues.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

Love the story on it, even though theres many adaptions of it, I'm lucky enough to get a mouth to mouth kiss in about a month of a standard relationship.(I SUCK at kissing) But now things are pretty bad between me and her...both asian, split from each other... .>_<.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

takenoko wrote:Not really. The one time I saw a girl being yelled at by this douchebag I really didn't do anything. The guy was yelling so loud I could hear it from about a block away. I stopped and watched to make sure he didn't hit her or anything, but it looked like she was on her knees and was crying.

He finally noticed me and said "What the fuck are you looking at?!" I keep looking. "What the fuck. Stop looking!" What a moron, right? I started to approach, but then decided it'd be better to call the cops on him. By the time I reached a phone though, they had already left.

I hope that girl left that guy, talk about anger issues.
Yeah, I hate seeing that, and I see that often. But I'd be the jackass enough to actually get in the middle of it and take some damage for the team...though it would not do much 'cause I'd always get the "Why the hell did you do that for!?" response from the girls. It's like a lot of girls only like the a**holes...
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

guile_bio wrote:I SUCK at kissing
If you take this somewhat literally, that could be a good thing.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
guile_bio wrote:I SUCK at kissing
If you take this somewhat literally, that could be a good thing.
ROFL! I didnt think of that the first time I saw that...Genius....
Just dont suck her face off...

I gotta admit the first time I did a "Grown up Kiss" I was SOO bad, she was just like "What the hell are you doing!" One of the weirdest moments of my life >.<
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:
Saejima Kouga wrote: If you take this somewhat literally, that could be a good thing.
ROFL! I didnt think of that the first time I saw that...Genius....
Just dont suck her face off...

I gotta admit the first time I did a "Grown up Kiss" I was SOO bad, she was just like "What the hell are you doing!" One of the weirdest moments of my life >.<
The crazy thing (when I 1st kissed) to me was that she said "You..want to do IT?", and I go "Sure..*sweat*".
Then I went for it.....but it was a french instead! O_O' I didn't figure out IT was to be a french. I feel stupid.....
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

.....o_o; LOL
I'm glad I didn't have that problem.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Hm.... -hesitates to come in or not- Ah w/e. xD

Well I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be inspired by Densha Otoko yet. If it's about helping people in need, I try to do what I can. I once saw a kid get bullied by three others and it was almost a natural reflex to go help. I never encountered a violent adult in the streets before so how I'll react will just depend on the situation.

Ah wait, no, I remember seeing a bunch of guys ghetto-like yelling "Yo bitches!" at me and my friend and "What the fuck is wrong with you, bitches?!" and such when we didn't answer and just passed by. I was freaking scared to death. They didn't do anything to us, thank goodness but if I encountered a similar group bullying someone for real, I doubt I can make them stop with my own strength(or lack thereof). Well, I don't know what I'll really do. When something threatening happens, I'll let you know. Typing is easier than acting.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

If it happens, kick them right square between the legs as hard as you can. Then run like hell.
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

I only have 2 legs. I need one to support my body so I can only use one to kick. There are a bunch of groins to kick. I'm not Kick Hopper. I can't kick them all and run away safely. D: You'll get me killed and dumped in the river!
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Meh...I know too many people like that...my neighbors are that type...well anyone where I live is basically like that. It's pretty much hell, nothing really you can do here with all the violence. Unless you pull a gun on them..that's why you always gotta come prepared to cap an ass.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Bauffie wrote:I only have 2 legs. I need one to support my body so I can only use one to kick. There are a bunch of groins to kick. I'm not Kick Hopper. I can't kick them all and run away safely. D: You'll get me killed and dumped in the river!
I didn't realize the Batcave was that dangerous.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I have only saw halfway of this series. Always want to finish this series but always forgot to.

To TC, don't feel bad, I am going to turn 23 next month and I still haven't gotten my first kiss. T_T
But it's not something I can really control. It's not easy being a girl that like this kind of things and also have timid personality. I can't talk to my female peers because they are not into this kind of things. (Such a shame they don't realize there's so many cute guys in this type of genre lol).

Since I am female and deaf I can't comment on, if this situation happens to me. At most, I could scare the person away with my random signing...

But I would think it's hard to do nothing about it (whether it's female hurting the male or other way around), calling the cop is probably the most wise thing to do if person is not in a life-threatening situation at that moment.

LOL at not a kick hopper comment. XD
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

Well, fighting evil by moonlight, yknow. Gotham is a dangerous place. My batcave keeps me safe. That's pretty much why I spent most of my time in front of the computer, which is more sad than anything.

Bah 23 is still pretty young. You'll have to spend decades with the same person later on so enjoy your current freedom. 8D I've never been in a relationship but meh, no man is good enough for me ;D yet.

Random singing... xD "Don't you dare touch me! ... I warned you! You may hate me but it ain't no lie. Bye bye bye~" ?

Return to “Densha Otoko”