Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rescue Fire 14 released

Post by takenoko »

wanmoke wrote:Yea, I'm just going to say that this is turning out to be an almost perfect clone of a Sentai series. Almost, but just a LITTLE bit different to avoid lawsuits or something. Kind of a let down.
Because it has 5 members now instead of 3?

I mean the big joke here is that the introduction is pretty similar to Go-On Wings. But you can say any group of colorful super heroes is a rip off of Sentai. I don't see why this would be disappointing in lieu of whether the show is enjoyable or not
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

I'm disappointed because I felt like the writers opted out with a sentai like formula. I remember watching those first episodes of Rescue Force and thinking how much I liked it because of the stories they did. Then they brought along Daeen and all that.

I do realize that the shows are aimed at small children who might not be able to draw the parallelism between this show and Sentai, and as such looking at it with an adult mind will most likely lead to disappointment. To me it just seems like they're following Sentai's formula.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is it gets a little boring watching the same overall story happen over and over.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

^After a great episode like the previous one, it isn't easy to have lightning strike twice in a row. The writers probably went with a formulaic episode to give them time to work on how these new characters will develop.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's the thing, you're using a generic term "sentai formula" which you never define. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess it's "colorful superheroes that fights monsters of the week, then someone makes the putties grow, and they defeat that monster with giant mecha". If this is true, then thousands of tokusatsu and anime episodes would be boring and repetitive by this definition
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi

Post by wanmoke »

My definition of "sentai formula" is more of a story based definition. As in, "a team of brightly colored spandex wearing people fight a monster of the week, until the bad guys get smarter and send out something that would normally kill them if it weren't for the fact that new members who are supposedly stronger come along and defeat it."

To me the show seems like that. Just things are different, and maybe not enough in my mind. *shrug* I guess I'm just too apathetic about the whole thing. Out of curiosity, what are the ratings for Rescue Fire thus far?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But that's so general, it could apply to anything in the genre. I kind of feel like the story is all the stuff that happens besides the action. Since the action is pretty much as you say, pretty formulaic.

Like when was the last time you saw a Sentai where the bad guys destroyed an orphanage (no, the orphanage isn't saved by the heroes in the last minute, it's burned to the ground) in order to psychologically crush the protagonist?

It seems like you're citing one formulaic new characters introduction as representative of the whole series
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I didn't think there was anything to complain about in this episode. Yes, I felt like I was watching Toripter and Jetras come to the rescue, but I also thought back in the first episode that the megaphones the core three use were similar to the Wing Triggers. I've been seeing Go-on Wings references for a while now whether they really exist or not. It's more likely that the swords are an homage to Ryukendo.

Icutter was surprisingly cute, for such a destructive monster. Its chanting was really catchy. It also seemed to be one of the smarter demons so far, running away when it looked like it was about to be attacked and slapping Fires 1 and 2 down at the last second when they made their unsuccessful rescue attempt.

Looks like we've got a new battle theme. Rescue Dream sounds okay, but I'm going to miss hearing Rescue Fire play at the end. At least we got to hear it towards the beginning of the episode, even if Tatsuya had to dramatically jump onto a crate to make himself taller during the group chakusou.
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi

Post by wanmoke »

I guess I can't really explain in words why I'm not liking this series as much. Just after this episode, I felt disappointed. Yes, I know my explanation was rather generic for any type of tokusatsu or anime series. I didn't even catch the Go-On Wings reference until I watched the episode and realized Hiroto and Miu's actors WEREN'T making a guest appearance. >.>

Like I said, I'm probably overanalyzing it as a series, and with only fifteen episodes released I'm passing judgement on it too soon. I'll shut up about it now though.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I'm kind of getting annoyed at the series now. Instead of its uniqueness Force had, Fire just fell into Sentai's formula.
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Two fliers at once?! Damn! :shock:
redcat5