How Many PR Seasons have you seen

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.

How may PR shows have you seen

Every Series (MMPR-RPM)
38%
Some Series
59%
Just MMPR
3%
None/PR sucks!
No votes

Total votes: 29
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: How Many PR Seasons have you seen

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Drago11 wrote:I watched snippets of all three MMPR series on Power Rangers Power Playback, somehow missed ALL of Zeo until it started showing on Best of Power Rangers, saw about half of Turbo, watched all of in Space except for a few episodes here and there, and watched every series in its entirety from Lost Galaxy through S.P.D., while catching up on what I missed in the older shows with Best of Power Rangers. I first found out about Sentai in late Abaranger, followed the spoilers on Dekaranger while watching DT, and found TVN and Magiranger late in S.P.D.'s run. I saw the first few episodes of Mystic Force on TV, didn't like it, and finally watched the last arc on YouTube. I've seen only bits and pieces of PR since then, because I'm a convert. Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force were my two favorites, Time Force taking the top. It was just such a hardcore show, Ransik was my favorite villain ever. That series...looking back, I'm amazed at the depth and darkness of the story. I mean, one of the main character's fiance's DIED in the FIRST EPISODE. A good guy DIED. Okay, he didn't REALLY die, but it took 20ish episodes to reveal that, we honestly believed he was dead. I loved the explorations of prejudice and warnings about the perfect future trope. I enjoyed seeing their personalities clash with each other for more than one episode before they were magically best friends. I really loved the tension between Wes and his father, Eric, and the Silver Guardians. The whole show was one of the best things I'd ever seen at the time, and if I could get it all on DVD, I would in a heartbeat.
If you look up Timeranger, you'll see that Time Force is almost identical. But yeah, if they would actually release ALL episodes of a show instead of just a few select episodes, I'd scoop them up in a flash.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Drago11 wrote:if I could get it all on DVD, I would in a heartbeat.
Unless you live in Germany, thats not gonna happen.
They have released every episode from every series in DVD Season box sets, entirely in English too.

Over here, the Vol. that they have been putting out for the series don't contain all the episodes of that series until Operation Overdrive, it the first to have all its episodes released on DVD in north america.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:If you look up Timeranger, you'll see that Time Force is almost identical. But yeah, if they would actually release ALL episodes of a show instead of just a few select episodes, I'd scoop them up in a flash.
Yeah, I've heard that, and that's why I'm kind of antsy about ever seeing Timeranger. Because while yes, it is the original, Time Force is the show I knew and came to love.
Deka_Hero wrote:
Drago11 wrote:if I could get it all on DVD, I would in a heartbeat.
Unless you live in Germany, thats not gonna happen.
They have released every episode from every series in DVD Season box sets, entirely in English too.

Over here, the Vol. that they have been putting out for the series don't contain all the episodes of that series until Operation Overdrive, it the first to have all its episodes released on DVD in north america.
I didn't know about the Germany bit, but yeah, I know they've only released a few episodes per season before OO out here, and I just wish they would go back and do the rest, but I'm not sure if Disney still has the rights to distribute the Saban shows.
superanimefreak
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: I quite this site
2nd Favorite Series: I quite this site
Dreamy: I quite this site
Favorite Actor?: I quite this site
Favorite Band: I quite this site
My boom: I quite this site
Quote: I quite this site

Post by superanimefreak »

Sorry but I never seen American Power Ranger
I have only seen Japanese Power Ranger (or know as Super Sentai)
I have seen Goranger ~ Go-Onger Fully and currently watching Shinkenger up to latest for Japanese Power Ranger
I quite this site
Super Nassau!
Gao
Favorite series: GekiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ore, Sanjou!
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: HTC Touch Pro

Post by Super Nassau! »

Every single damn show (Jungle Fury DOES NOT COUNT!). I must admit I lost my love, and I enjoyed Ninja Storm. HA! But seriously, I watched all of Overdrive which didn't get better until the second half the grime permeated through all.

Favorites:

Mighty Morphin: Of course

Space: Come on. Zordon died.

Time Force: Too Real. Red "dies" in the first ep, Pink is the Leader, and Ransik is the man.

Ninja Storm: Something about Lothor. He reminds me of Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince. But he could fight. Until...

Dino Thunder: Mezagog ain't play no games. He politely handed Lothor his ass.

SPD: Sky was a dick, Z was a hottie, and Bridge was the man. Also I love that they kept the commander's name from Deka. Great job there.

RPM: Best ranger series ever.

Hated Turbo, Wildforce was eh, Lightspeed was aight, and no real Power Ranger fan watched Jungle Fury. It hurt. Especially after seeing Geki. Who is scared of a villain named Jared? Ronald McF'ing Donald?
Ore, Sanjou!

AFL
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

^I would like to point out i watch Jungle Fury and actually liked it better than Gekiranger.
I found Casey, Theo and Liliy far more interesting than Jan, Ren and Ran ever where.
Super Nassau!
Gao
Favorite series: GekiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ore, Sanjou!
My boom: HTC Touch Pro

Post by Super Nassau! »

I tried watching a few episodes at the beginning, but I couldn't stomach it anymore. Theo was like a Turbo rehash with the suit actor being bigger than he was (I heard they fixed that), the shade morphers, sped up fight scenes, and a Polo wearing wolf. That put me over the edge.

The only thing I CAN say about it is there was better choreography than Geki in some of the fight scenes. Like the fight scene between the rangers and Scorpirella and her Rinshis was leaps and bounds better than the GekiRanger fight with Sorissa in the same episode.
Ore, Sanjou!

AFL
KamenRiderIon
Infinity

Post by KamenRiderIon »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by KamenRiderIon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

Deka_Hero wrote:^I would like to point out i watch Jungle Fury and actually liked it better than Gekiranger.
I found Casey, Theo and Liliy far more interesting than Jan, Ren and Ran ever where.
But Rio owns what's-his-face? thousand times over. Plus, Mele & Ran is way cuter than their JF counterparts.
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

StagBeetle wrote:
Deka_Hero wrote:^I would like to point out i watch Jungle Fury and actually liked it better than Gekiranger.
But Rio owns what's-his-face? thousand times over. Plus, Mele & Ran is way cuter than their JF counterparts.
I though Rio was just a Emo "Black-Hearted Hero", not that Dai-Shi is any better, But Bede Skinner just looks like he is gonna lose it every second he is on screen.

As for Mele and Ran, i though they where both......lets just say i didn't think they where overly good looking. For me, Lily kicks Ran ass in looks, while Camile and Mele are tied.

i'm don't want to go any farther into this, ill just finish by saying i hate Gekiranger and i would rather watch Jungle Fury (witch is crap as well, but i hate it less).
AnimeFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O, Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Sakurada Dori
Favorite Band: ON/OFF
My boom: Vocaloid
Quote: Omae, boku ni tsuraretemiru?

Post by AnimeFan »

I watched everything until about half-way through Dino Thunder. The tv-station airing it kept moving it to an earlier time slot so I stopped watching it as much only seeing a couple of episodes of each series after that and eventually lost interest in it as they don't really seem to be as good as they use to. My favorite series' were Time Force and Ninja Storm, the MMPR movie with Ivan Ooze was good too.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Watched up to early mid Mystic Force, then I finally started watching Super Sentai, took me a while to actually figure out where to find any subs.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I used to watch PR religiously up until Zeo started then I sort of lost interest didn't really pick up the series again until around the 2nd have of Turbo when they started to work on the Zordon being abducted storyline. After that I was watching mostly up through Lightspeed I missed a couple of episodes, watched all of Time Force through Mystic Force, then after that I only watched a couple of OO & JF haven't really been into RPM.

I really haven't been all that impressed by the PR franchise since Disney took over, yeah the series started to mirror it's Japanese counterpart beginning with Lightspeed, but at least Saban made enough changes to make the series interesting, where's Disney basically re-shot Sentai and gave it an American name, though I will give them kudos with Dino Thunder which was different from Abaranger.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

MMPR - PRDT. SPD was alright, I just didn't really get into it. Everything after SPD sucked imo.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
ImmortalThunder
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Anime
Quote: "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!"

Post by ImmortalThunder »

I've watched (every episode/nearly every episode of) Mighty Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, in Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder. About halfway through Dino Thunder I stopped watching Power Rangers permanently.
Watching - Goseiger, Blade (sorta on hold)
Completed - Decade, Den-O, Kabuto, 555, Kiva, W

Return to “Americanized stuff”