Wiki Link
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Face All - Full Series Discussion

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Peace is played by Mark Musashi who does the Watch Dog-chan's butler/son; and he's also in Cutie Honey the Live as Duke Watari (aka: SHIT!)
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Re:

Post by Jim Ballard »

Saejima Kouga wrote:THAT is who homeless guy was! I couldn't think of where I'd seen Kaido before and it'd been irritating me.
The actor is Mitsuru Karahashi. Aside from Kaido in 555 and Ootomo in SH15UYA, he also appeared as Makage in LION MARU G and Takao in ULTRASEVEN X (Episode 6: TRAVELER.)
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Peace is played by Mark Musashi who does the Watch Dog-chan's butler/son; and he's also in Cutie Honey the Live as Duke Watari (aka: SHIT!)
He's also suit actor for Kamen Rider: The First

His works is something to be admired. He's just good actor and suit actor.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

What about the series itself? Let's think about the concept behind the virtual shibuya. It was basically a virtual world, where if a teenager is about to commit a heinous crime such as murder, Piece comes to kill them, and in a sense a reboot of the world occurs. It's almost like extreme rehabilitation. Could something like this actually work in society? I mean if we actually took care of the people (feeding, and maintaining and such on the outside). What about correctional facilities?

This also brings up a certain notion of time, how much time passed in the virtual world obviously does not match with the real, because, after not being fed for that long (virtual katsudon is not a substitute for real food lol) they would either be very sickly or dead. At one point I was wondering if the real world were actually real, I mean the chairman goes itterashai, and suddenly Tsuyoshi is rebooted?

The ending kind of disappointed me. We could have seen at least one more appearance of the characters of Asagi, Ryuugo, and DJ. I also feel that throughout the whole series the "Tsuyoshi being played by a girl" was very disconcerting. Try as they might, you can make here wear all the loose clothing you want, but a girl is a girl (this is not meant to be sexist by the way). But then again, that could have also been away for the creators of the show to shake things up for the viewers by playing on the theme of reality.

That's just something to chew on.

One of the things I did not understand was how, even though there was a reboot, each time a 'student' broke, somehow the knowledge of Piece still remains inside them.

On a side note I thought it was interesting to see that the scribbles in the intro actually match Piece's tattoos.

Wow this is pretty lengthy, I doubt anyone will actually read through this, but rather pick a part and attack it lol, but o well.

brokenever
Infinity
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi!

Post by brokenever »

Yeah, you're right, the ending did leave a little to be desired.. They totally could have stretched this series into a few seasons easily. I would have liked that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>It's almost like extreme rehabilitation. Could something like this actually work in society?

Getting rid of kids by putting them in the Matrix? I'm all for that

>The ending kind of disappointed me.

I liked it, at least we know Tsuyoshi stayed with Ema and we can only assume the rest escaped.

>I also feel that throughout the whole series the "Tsuyoshi being played by a girl" was very disconcerting.

She was a real good actor in my opinion. I really never thought of her as a girl

>One of the things I did not understand was how, even though there was a reboot, each time a 'student' broke, somehow the knowledge of Piece still remains inside them.

If they can give students new personalities, it seems like that'd be a simple feat
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

The world didn't really reboot everytime; so much as data was changed and put into their memory. I think the only time the world fully rebooted was when Tsuyoshi got put back the second time (that we see anyway).
As far as the ending, it was a good end as takenoko said (cause I'm too lazy to reiterate right now). Though I do agree it could've went on a bit longer, I don't see it stretching out to 2-3 seasons.
Tuss4
Train man

Post by Tuss4 »

@takenoko: Lol, I didn't mean it like that!

To me yeah the ending was happy happy joy joy, although I felt let down. If I am correct this was similar to Garo in that it was an adult tokusatsu? Yet I felt the ending could have been darker, now I don't mean someone having to die, but maybe a little less cliche? As for the length of the series, I liked how fast paced it was, it did not at all feel like 12 episodes, I just really thought the ending lacked that oomph to really do it for me.

As for the actor of Tsuyoshi, there is no doubt she performed well, it was just hard for me to make that leap of faith. I was all "no Adam's apple? :shock:." On another note it Ema's actress were a dude, I would've reacted as such: "Adam's apple?! :shock: :lol:"

Was the system actually working though? What benchmarks did the "school" use to measure their success? Maybe a decreasing trend of reboots was a good sign? I don't know.

All in all, this series made me think a lot.

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

It seemed more like a dorama to me because it was only 12 eps, and it was more drama than what usual tokusatsu shows (that I've seen anyway) tend to be.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Heh, I remember being totally confused when I first saw Tsuyoshi. I was like, that's a girl right? It made me thinking there's something wrong with me because I knew there's something off about that character.

Then when I read the older forum, that's when I found out that the Tsuyoshi was played by a girl.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>To me yeah the ending was happy happy joy joy, although I felt let down.

It's a really dark ending though. Ema is a permanent vegetable and Tsuyoshi is probably stuck in a virtual world with her. Yes, they're together, but Tsuyoshi had to make a major sacrifice for it. I mean, Garo has a lighter ending than this by comparison

>maybe a little less cliche?

Eh, can't reinvent the wheel

>As for the actor of Tsuyoshi, there is no doubt she performed well, it was just hard for me to make that leap of faith. I was all "no Adam's apple?

Yeah, but she had good presence. It helps that I think of Tsuyoshi as being just borderline prepubescent. Given how naive the character is, that image works for me.

>All in all, this series made me think a lot.

Overall I think the series has conflicting messages. Yeah, these kids are a bunch of the worst, trouble making kids in Japan, but is making them go through the pain of dying again and again to correct them justifiable? If the answer were simple, it wouldn't make the ideas used in the series interesting.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hmm, there's one subject I want to bring up. But it's hard because virtual world does not exist yet. But is the brain of human able to take this type of abuse? Going over scenes over again and again especially death ones does not fare well for brain itself, imo.

How many people actually continue sleeping even though they already died in their dream? I don't remember if it actually happened to me. But I am pretty sure the feeling can't be a pleasure one.

Because I know when I am near death or going to die in my dream I usually wake up before I am actually goner, I think. I think I got shot, eaten, stabbed/mauled, fell to my death, etc. in my dream like with anyone else right? (Hope so!) So it's disturbing to have one jumping from one lifetime to next one by death itself. O.o

I mean messing with brain itself can't be a normal thing.

Also, I am wondering if those children that are freed at the end learned their lessons or not? lol
Tuss4
Train man

Post by Tuss4 »

You raise a good point there actually Wolf. I remembering hearing some where or reading somewhere, that a hypnotist put a coin in a person's (who was hypnotized) hand, and told the person that the coin was burning their hand. When it was over and the coin, was taken out of the person's hand, there was a coin shaped spot on their hand that was raw. I think you are right in thinking that way, because if that simulation of death is so real, couldn't actually affect them in the real world? That would be the real world equivalent of your brain being turned off.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If you die in the game you die in real life! No wait, that makes no sense at all. Stupid Hollywood technology
Tuss4
Train man

Post by Tuss4 »

I don't know if I should laugh, because I think I'm being made fun of.

Return to “Shibuya 15”