Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Wonder if Gaim series also face Platonic relationships

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

This isn't really important element in KR series plus might be not interest the kids as well. But love relationship in KR these days were always blury and make the audiences make theirs own theory. As an adult viewer It's good to see they're put some complex relations not only on Jdorama but also on tokusatsu to make the plots relevant. In Gaim Wikipedia It's confusing when they wrote Mai might had a romantic feeling for Kouta( I don't want to show the links to avoid spoilers) as I see on Micchi as well his feeling for Mai that such extremely true. To compared with other series for main Character especially Main Riders example

1-Kuuga : Godai and Sakurako will never be together as they close enough as partner and they happy to claim their relationship was enough( they might be perfect couple but that never happens)
2-Agito : Shouichi and Mana will never be together as Shouichi declared Mana just part of his adoptive family maybe deep in Mana feeling for Shouichi is romantic. But for Shouichi he should protect Mana and place where she belongs.
3- Faiz : Takumi and Mari will never be together as in terms of "believe each other" as a friend an not more than that. But in Paradise Lost Mari was like some sort of romantic feeling for Takumi. But in series wonder if Takumi was feeling the same or to gain back the trust from Mari as he struggled to get Mari back to life.
4- Kabuto : Kagami and Misaki will never be together. Even though approved by Tendou about they suits each other
but in the end of this series saw Misaki hugging Kagami after that no any clue wether they still together or not. In alternate universe Kagami and Hiyori's couple for real.
5- Kiva : Wataru and Mio will never be together as we know death was tor their relations. But this series surely different cause the plots was concerned about love story among human and Fangire. Plus it's rare to see the main
Character fell in love.
6- Decade : Tsukasa and Natsumi will never be together. Natsumi maybe felt pity for Tsukasa that she can felt his loneliness for being avoided and called destroyer. In this terms I can see Natsumi probably had feelings for Tsukasa as well and trust Tsukasa to the very end.
7- OOO : Eiji and Hina will never be together .even in net movie of Super Hero Taisen Eiji claims that he was happy with this platonic relationship with Hina. It's so pity cause they really suits each other, Hina was a great character for heroine as she totally supports and not to show her annoying character.
8- Wizard : Haruto and Koyomi will never be together, same like Kiva ,death is caused of their relationship break. But It's still blury wether they close like siblings or opposites. Maybe in Movie Taisen they will reveal.

Platonic relationship always shows on other toku show. But for KR series they always ended up set the lead role unable to have girls in their life. But that's fine since this is a kid shows where adults like me also think if they put too much on love elements the plots will be ruined and become love drama in toku.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Wonder if Gaim series also face Platonic relationships

Post by Phoenix512 »

Just remember this. Being the main Rider = no chicks. Being secondary Rider = all the chicks. So if you want chicks and be a Rider, be number 2.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Micchi smiles a big Kusaka grin.

I'm honestly a bit worried that Gaim will devolve into "Everyone loves Mari part 2". Just replace Mari with Mai.
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Kadoya Tsukasa
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryosei
Favorite Band: JAM Project MUSE
My boom: I Know Right
Quote: Winning is about everything, in reality there's no such thing call cheating, so winning was take whatever necessary to achieve it, that's include cheating.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Nutcracker23 »

I do wish on Faiz, Kabuto, and OOO part. Why you not put Gentarou and Nadeshiko, or Gentarou and Miu complex part? Even though I'm totally disagree where they set Miu wanna asked Gentarou for Proms when she rejected Shun. Is Miu had romantic feeling on Gentarou? This is the riddles for Trash+Queen couple that's play in my minds.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)

Post by Joicerojo »

Come to think about it... the main rider rarely "gets the girl", I cried a lot with Mio and Wataru in Kiva and also with Nadeshiko and Gentarou in Fourze.
On the other hand the secondary rider tends to get the girl ans sometimes married: IXA, Accel, Meteor...
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nobody got anything in OOO. I mean, Eiji didn't get Ankh Hina.

To be honest, Gaim has such a large cast that it would be wasteful to focus all on one girl. It's early on, but it doesn't even seem like Kouta likes Mai. It could be more of a Takumi/Mari/Kusaka thing going on where one guy is indifferent and the other is jealous.

I don't know Urobutcher's writing though, so I can't make any comparable predictions.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Why? 'cause they're all over their sisters! Come on guys I posted this in KR subbox of All the other stuff!
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)

Post by Joicerojo »

Catastrophe wrote:Nobody got anything in OOO. I mean, Eiji didn't get Ankh Hina.

To be honest, Gaim has such a large cast that it would be wasteful to focus all on one girl. It's early on, but it doesn't even seem like Kouta likes Mai. It could be more of a Takumi/Mari/Kusaka thing going on where one guy is indifferent and the other is jealous.

I don't know Urobutcher's writing though, so I can't make any comparable predictions.
Yeah in OOO nobody is paired, but I'm pretty sure that there was something between Date Akira and Satonaka-kun

As fro GAim, kouta doesn't show interest in Mai but Ryugen does, so maybe the pairing would be between them or maybe the "misterious Girl" (who look like Mai)
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I remember laughing when Eiji said his relationship with Hina was platonic in one of the crossover movies. Maybe it was a net movie.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The main riders don't get girls because girls are icky and have cooties!
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: Winning is about everything, in reality there's no such thing call cheating, so winning was take whatever necessary to achieve it, that's include cheating.

Post by Nutcracker23 »

Wonder if Micchi have knew something about Mysterious Girl. Poor Micchi why he try to win the silly Mai when she didn't even look how much he "ganbarimasu". Anyway you probably right that Kouta didn't show any interest on Mai. Mai getting weird in each episodes, she showed her cutesy part little by little ( Maybe become like girl version of Kagami Arata which naive type hot tampered and big sister figure towards her team)
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.

takenoko wrote:I remember laughing when Eiji said his relationship with Hina was platonic in one of the crossover movies. Maybe it was a net movie.
Me too. OOO was really good, but nobody was a good couple like between Satonaka with Date or Satonaka with Gotou, she doesn't show any interest to any of them. In Gaim maybe is about love one sided all over. Mai love Kouta and Micchi love Mai, and Kouta? Mysterious Girl perhaps. It's funny to think where everyone in Team loved Kouta. Micchi likes Kouta actually but not in "that way" and he's maybe not turned like dickhead Kusaka in Faiz.
And Nutcracker I forgot to insert the Fourze part. When I think about it yeah it's ridiculous to set Trash+Queen part in series when the Movie Taisen with OOO they set Gentarou paired with Nadeshiko during Miu still in AMA high. Miu agreed and supported with Gentarou feeling toward Nadeshiko and doesn't felt any jealousy to her. But in "Saite" episode(Painful graduation) Miu suddenly get jealous over her friend when she found out Tamae and Ritsuko wanna asked Gentarou for Proms.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh you shippers, you must get blue balls watching these series.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim

I'm sorry Take but what is blue balls? and who you talk to. :P
Nutcracker23
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by Nutcracker23 »

Mushy stuffs not always happens in tokusatsu. Like Choujin Sentai Jetman Ryu and Gai fighting over Kaori. It wasn't ruined the plots but It's like adding flavor in cooking. Urobuchi and Inoue might have this characteristics but different style in how it flows during climax. In Gaim the teenagers lover more complicated than adults. Kouta is 20's he wasn't interesting in kids, if he got crushed maybe with someone his age or older this is my theory.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”