Why the Rider and Sentai torrents are gone

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Why the Rider and Sentai torrents are gone

Post by Lunagel »

KinCryos wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:25 pm
lostinbrave wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:42 pmThere's quite a few people who have creation dates about that time. There was a forum software change over at that time and everyone had to make new accounts, if I am remembering right.
I knew I made a forum account some years ago. I simply thought my old account was pruned due to inactivity (I think I only posted about a technical problem I was having with an encode that turned out to be hardware-specific, not software based)
User prunings are done manually whenever I think the spam bots are registering too many accounts. If you have at least one post your account is safe though, I only delete 0 post accounts
KinCryos
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by KinCryos »

Lunagel wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pmUser prunings are done manually whenever I think the spam bots are registering too many accounts. If you have at least one post your account is safe though, I only delete 0 post accounts
that takes me back to when I helped manage a small online forum for a college club. I can't remember how many spam bots I removed before I got creative and, just for kicks, set word filters that replaced key words pertaining to what they were commonly advertising :lol:
geno
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by geno »

Well based on poorly (almost machine like) translation or (I least hope its a poor translation), the fact its claims to be from the IP department vs Legal department and seems if it was legit they would list the actual works in question and maybe even provide the exact links to works in question.

That said I hope its not legit but I would if possible have a lawyer look over it to be sure, one that deals with copyright/IP and international law in regards to copyright/IP

Also seems strange they would send it just as weekend started instead of first of the week, also I would think they would make sure it would be held up in a court of law anywhere which usually means proper grammar but then again I'm not a legal person by any means, I'm just a fan that enjoys some of the shows like Garo and various SS series and KR Den-O

Best of luck on things and hopefully the end result is a good one for all parties
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Ashki wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:27 pm the creators of Predator are fighting with Disney over the rights for that series (Disney was served notice back in 2016 but ignored it until the matter was forced this year).
Impossible, Disney didn't own Predator in 2016. I think you mean 20th Century Fox was served notice? Disney took over 20th Century in 2019. So they were ignoring it because they likely weren't even aware of the problem. Different management now.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

The down side to this isn't that they sent the C&D letter right before the weekend but they sent it just when the KR Saber series was getting interesting in the story. I know the SS series is like major here in the U.S. because of Saban but the KR series has never really done that well. Saban made a attempt at bastardizing KR Black RX years ago and that didn't do so well and then there was that Ryuki versions "Dragon Knight". Not sure how well that one went but seeing as there wasn't any other series to come after I say it didn't do that well either. The KR series is my love, I started off watching KR V3 here in Hawaii off the Japanese station but because they weren't subbed I didn't know what was going on, I just know it was SO cool. Later they had Kikaida and Kikaida-01 and those were subbed then but they weren't as cool as the KR series. They just don't give the KR series much love here in the U.S.

Other series that TVN has done that I really liked was the Gransazer series. Although I didn't really quite like the next two series that came after. Does that company make any other series? I also like some of the dramas TVN has subbed, I'm still hopeing there is a sequel series to Keitai Sousakan 7. What I"m trying to say is I'm sure there are other things that we could be interested in. It may not be able to replace the KR and SS series. But this could be a good time to broaden out view on pop culture in Japan.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

How about you just do the subtitle and not the video? Like type the .ass or the .srt? That way, you can still do the translation without needing to post videos. After all, those that provide the raw episodes and those that translate it are two different parties. It's also less effort on your part.
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

Is there a way to put the files up online without being linked to it? Like, just upload something to appear on nyaa.si, and don't link it to TVN.
At least we could enjoy the episodes.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Maybe they could upload them directly on krdl.moe.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

MAN! what a year its been, Horriblesubs disbands and now this. i guess its high time i tried teaching myself japanese. although if they are cracking down i guess its a matter of time before Nyaa gets shut down. ive always prefered download over streaming. although id be cool with just the sub files and adding it to the raw.
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

Over Time discord service is a cool place to stay informed about everything ;)
Qayyim
Quote: Rider Time Kamen Rider Zi-O

Post by Qayyim »

Hello sorry to ask but can peoples get back the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai torrents back and can peoples download it back if can when will Kamen Riders and Super Sentai torrents return ?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Qayyim wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:41 am Hello sorry to ask but can peoples get back the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai torrents back and can peoples download it back if can when will Kamen Riders and Super Sentai torrents return ?
Not gonna happen for a while.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Digifiend wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm
Ashki wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:27 pm the creators of Predator are fighting with Disney over the rights for that series (Disney was served notice back in 2016 but ignored it until the matter was forced this year).
Impossible, Disney didn't own Predator in 2016. I think you mean 20th Century Fox was served notice? Disney took over 20th Century in 2019. So they were ignoring it because they likely weren't even aware of the problem. Different management now.
The fact that DIsney purchased Fox in 2019 has no bearing on the fact that the claim was filed in 2016. When you buy out another company, you inherit all assets, including legal proceedings involving those assets. Disney learned about the trademark claim and immediately decided they would try and bypass it by making a new Predator movie. They then filed for an extension using an inapplicable clause.

In other words, Fox tried to ignore a legal notice and Disney intentionally tried to cover for them. Now Disney's facing a full-blown lawsuit for the violations. And thus far, every case like this has ended in the original holder's favour.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Ghost23 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:55 pm Other series that TVN has done that I really liked was the Gransazer series. Although I didn't really quite like the next two series that came after. Does that company make any other series? I also like some of the dramas TVN has subbed, I'm still hopeing there is a sequel series to Keitai Sousakan 7. What I"m trying to say is I'm sure there are other things that we could be interested in. It may not be able to replace the KR and SS series. But this could be a good time to broaden out view on pop culture in Japan.
Keitai Soosokan 7 and SH15uya are perhaps the two most underappreciated shows TVN's ever subtitled. Seriously, I'm looking at this temporary loss of new KR/SS as an excuse to try and remind people that tokusatsu is a much, much bigger genre than those two franchises.

I've been catching up this year on a lot of my backlog, primarily Ultra Q, Denjiman, and JAQK, as well as a few more obscure things like Masked Rider AMC and Takeshi Sentai Sirenger (still trying to get the rest of this series). There's just so much out there, and a lot of it has never been subbed. This temporary break in KR/SS could prove a blessing in disguise, because it gives other shows a chance to finally shine.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by faizinmotion »

Something curious I'd like to ask. Would it be possible to at least give us a document that contains a script of a particular episode as a crude workaround to a lack of subs? That way, we can watch the episode and have the script side by side. The script would have a time stamp next to the dialogue so we know what is going on in real time as we watch the raws.

Also, another idea. I think it would be cool if we had an extra set of staff members who understand Japanese also provide scripts of episodes of past Super Sentai/Kamen Rider series for people like me that is currently learning Japanese.

Return to “Off Topic”