Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ahsoka episode 1

Post by takenoko »

It's got potential! I think Sabine's actress is nailing it. Dawson is cool at Ahsoka, but honestly I've always preferred the cartoon version. Dawson's Ahsoka is so humorless. Even in Rebels, I don't think Ahsoka was this serious and disaffected

I'm not sure if I love the look of Winstead's Hera. Probably a hard thing to transition to live action. She's definitely trying her best though and I do think she's a great casting choice

The guy they got for Ezra looks the part from what I can tell

The bad guys look good. I like the hints of backstory and implication between Sabine and Ahsoka. Tennant is a treasure in everything he does

The ending sequence is pretty cool

Love a Lothal cat. That damn highway looks good in live action, but I definitely felt the limitations of the Volume in a few shots

Let's hope the rest of the series lives up to its potential. If Andor is the best Star Wars property, then Rebels is probably my favorite Star Wars content
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ahsoka episode 3

Post by takenoko »

I really enjoyed that episode, but I really think the training with the helmet covering one's eyes needs to be retired from future Star Wars material. And they call that technique something that sounds like Zatoichi, the blind swordsman? Really?

Oh hey, Mon Mothma from a little known show called Andor
Rebels
Ah, tears in my eyes when Jacen said he wanted to be a Jedi. Kanan dying has to be one of the saddest moments in all of Star Wars
Good dog fight. This is the first time I've seen
Spoiler
someone fight a vehicle while on another vehicle in live action I think. LOL at Ahsoka's space suit that has the things in the helmet to fit her tendrils
You win this one, cup

Return to “TV”