Ressha Sentai Toqger: Where are they now?

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Ressha Sentai Toqger: Where are they now?

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Since Toqger is turning 10, We should probably see them return in some capacity.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Ressha Sentai Toqger: Where are they now?

Post by HowlingSnail »

Kagura's actress has a blog she updates literally every day, so it's not hard to keep up with her: https://ameblo.jp/moritakaai0114
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I feel like TOQ 10 years after might be hard. To quote Luna (probably) "Toei can't afford Shison Jun or Ryuusei". And I don't know what's happened to Ririra, feel like I haven't heard anything from her recently
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah two of them are A-listers now, but the others have pretty decent careers too. Toei is notoriously cheap when it comes to actors, that's why it's almost always complete unknowns cast.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I remember always watching the show in 2014, when The Super Sentai Network would T-N Releases on Facebook, unfortunately they got removed for copyright, though no money was being made.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:38 pm I feel like TOQ 10 years after might be hard. To quote Luna (probably) "Toei can't afford Shison Jun or Ryuusei". And I don't know what's happened to Ririra, feel like I haven't heard anything from her recently
What about Hiramaki Jin (TOQ 2)
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:38 pm I feel like TOQ 10 years after might be hard. To quote Luna (probably) "Toei can't afford Shison Jun or Ryuusei". And I don't know what's happened to Ririra, feel like I haven't heard anything from her recently
Last year she was in Dora Koi, where a bunch of celebs go on holiday together and do romance drama related stuff. Her series also featured Amu, and had them all go to New York. So if you want to hear her act out a short scene in English, check it out.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%81%8B ... 0%EF%BC%89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTqnb0bi3HE
TokuGeek1999 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:31 pm I remember always watching the show in 2014, when The Super Sentai Network would T-N Releases on Facebook, unfortunately they got removed for copyright, though no money was being made.
That's not how copyright infringement works, in the same way that writing "No copyright infringement intended, I do not own this show" doesn't absolve you of anything.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What does being released on facebook mean? Like it's streamed on facebook? That sounds like a terrible way to watch something
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:31 pm What does being released on facebook mean? Like it's streamed on facebook? That sounds like a terrible way to watch something
You can upload videos to Facebook. You'd be surprised how many people watch stuff on there. It's actually a big problem where people steal popular videos from YouTube, reupload them to Facebook, and then they rake in the money while Facebook does nothing to stop it.

Certainly I know I saw Go-Busters episodes being uploaded back in 2012, though I didn't really watch it. But given the number of people who, to this day, still use sites like Kissasian, do you really think it's surprising that some people are watching toku on Facebook? Some people just have no standards.

I'm not much better. Back in 2012 I was visiting this site on my PS3's internet browser, downloading the episodes via the DDL links you used to post here, and watching them on my PS3. But that's when I was a dumb 15-year-old who'd only just discovered Sentai fansubs and had very little concept of what he was doing. Whereas now I take softsub scripts, edit them to my preferences, line them up to Blu-Ray rips, encode hardsub versions, and stick them on my Plex server to stream and watch on TV. How times have changed.

On a related note, does anyone else miss the TV-Asahi clock? I do sometimes. I dunno, is it weird I'm nostalgic for a big thing in the corner telling me what time it was in Japan when this thing was recorded?
Seen:
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I discovered Sentai because of Power Rangers Samurai.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>On a related note, does anyone else miss the TV-Asahi clock? I do sometimes. I dunno, is it weird I'm nostalgic for a big thing in the corner telling me what time it was in Japan when this thing was recorded?

I like the clock. I think it's funny to have a thing to remind kids to go to school or whatever (I certainly could have used it, since I watched cartoons before school)

thanks to our cm channel it was pretty easy to find the last time time stamps appeared Looks like it was September 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIuVN1 ... Q&index=73
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I've only ever seen a timestamp on Super Sentai shows only.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's still there on Precure but these days I only ever really see it on weekday mornings
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

You live in Japan?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:31 pm It's still there on Precure but these days I only ever really see it on weekday mornings
Oh you know what, there's a reason for this. Sentai and Kamen Rider used to be at the 7:30-8:30 block
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Uchuu_Sentai_KyuuRanger

But after KyuuRanger 31 it was moved to the 9:00-10:00 slot. So it was later

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”