Kakuranger 30th Anniversary Teased

All the colors of the rainbow
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Kakuranger 30th Anniversary Teased

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://twitter.com/sentai_official/sta ... 7444231330

This makes me happy. Zyuranger didn't happen, and Dairanger couldn't for obvious reasons, but I'm glad they're doing more than just 10th Anniversaries these days.

Honestly, seeing those old suits in HD is wonderful. 4K Zyuranger suits in Once and Always was good, and I love the Kakuranger suits.

Incidentally, Toei, it's ToQger's 10th next week. Any chance of some love there?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kakuranger 30th Anniversary Teased

Post by takenoko »

I'm always happy to see NinjaWhite show up in things, she seems like a cool lady

And Toq 10, yes please!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXUl2BrVdk

https://tokusatsu-fc.jp/kakuranger30th/

Well that was disappointing. A few bits of the cast talking, followed by the grand announcement of...a fan meeting event. Oh, and Kakuranger's getting a new DVD Collection like so many old shows. Incidentally, Toei, please remaster your 90s shows. I want MMPR in HD, thank you. Reprinting the DVDs isn't gonna achieve that.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:39 am h, and Kakuranger's getting a new DVD Collection like so many old shows.
How many times are they going to just repackage their DVDs without giving any sort of remaster

Mr. Toei: No, because you'll buy it anyway
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

They have remastered a few old shows. Goranger got Blu-Rays, and Battle Fever, Denziman and Sun Vulcan have all had HD airings on the Toei Channel. Although Denziman was covered in film damage.

HD TV airings are all well and good, but Blu-Rays are nice too. Skyrider and Super-1 are the only Riders with no Blu-Rays, meanwhile Ichigou just got a 4K set. The other HD era Sentais are missing too, still no Blu-Rays of Boukenger, Gekiranger and Goseiger. Though those again have had HD releases on TV and streaming.

I really want some more old shows remastered. I started Jetman yesterday and I just know that somewhere at John Toei's house exists the original film, waiting to be restored. And of course, Power Rangers of this era was shot on film too, so Toei doing their 90s shows is step one to HD Power Rangers. Zyuranger in HD would be a blessing. I watched Ohranger vs Kakuranger from the Blu-Ray, and it looks wonderful.
Seen:

Return to “Super Sentai (Completed)”