Roleplaying Kamen Rider

Because otaku can't live only on anime, toku, and jdrama
Adam500
Number 6
Number 6

Roleplaying Kamen Rider

Post by Adam500 »

Me and a bunch of my friends are big fans of the Kamen Rider series, as well as fans of roleplaying games in general, so they got together and convinced me to start running a game for them based on Kamen Rider using the Mutants and Masterminds RPG 3e.

I mention this because I'm not the best writer and would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my plot (reproduced below) and give me suggestions for improvement. I've borrowed a lot of concepts from OOO and W, really most of the recent series.

The Plot (as of now):
In the beginning the world was formed of 11 primal elements. 1000 years ago, people tried to weaponize these elements and created the Kesshōdai (portmanteau of the Japanese words for crystal and element) crystals, free of impurities. The impurities they removed took on life of it's own and became the Wujinn terrible monsters who began a quest of terror in order to collect the Kesshōdai and achieve perfection. The war raged in secret for ages, and over time the Wujinn captured several Kesshōdai. Others were lost.

Now in modern times the duty of guarding the Kesshōdai falls to the Crown Security Firm. Holding 3 of the Kesshōdai (Fire, Metal, and Earth) they are enacting a plan to move them to a new safehouse by armored car; an elaborate plan to lure out the Wujinn and test the newest weapon against them... this is where the players enter.

The entire list of elements I plan on using: Fire, Earth, Metal, Air, Water, Sound, Wood, Void, Dark, Light, and Time (Time will be used for sort of a 'mega-adventure' intended to mimic a movie).

The idea is 3 of the players will become attached to the Kesshōdai in some tangible way, and so will have to swap around the belt and share time as 'Kamen Rider Primal' as I've taken to calling the Rider system based on situations that arise (i.e. If they need to fight at range the guy attached to fire should probably henshin so they can throw fireballs). A fourth player is playing a combat android created by Crown Security, and will be the story's second Rider.

On a final note, I have a friend doing art for me and was planning to assemble a Powerpoint/Slideshow "show opening" for the game, but I'm at a loss as to what song to use (best option someone has presented so far is Indestructible by Disturbed), suggestions on a better piece of music would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So I have one more player than I initially anticipated. Rather than have 4 guys pass around 1 belt I'm modifying the plot thusly: When the Wujinn we're first born one family rose up to guard the Kesshōdai and oppose them. As the battle raged two brothers... one wielding a crown, the other a scepter, met great success. However their success bred contempt for one another and so the two brothers separated, the descendants on one brother formed Crown Security and guards it's remaining 3 Kesshōdai. While the other brother's descendants battle the Wujinn where they find them.... As a Kamen Rider.

The Scepter/Crown thing plays into the super-mode I had originally planned for Primal, the "King's Crown". Need a good name for this Kamen Rider (the third one in my plot). The idea being that this player will work against the villains, but not nesscesarily entirely with the party. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to “Entertainments”