My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 01

Post by takenoko »

Just notes I wrote down while watching:

Danny and Jon ride in like bosses

Arya sees Gendry. Smiles like "I'll see you later"

Love that Arya isn't in some castle, she's with the people and sees the procession with the regular folk. Her being so grounded is why she's such a wonderful character

Who's this little kid lord. Is he the same one who climbed the tree?

Love the symbolism of Jon sitting in the center, with Sansa on one side and Danny on the other

Tough look for my guy Tyrion. "I used to think you were the cleverest man alive." First with the announcement of the Cersei army coming, then with the belief that it's a good thing.

Arya and Jon!

Oh right, I forgot Yara was still captured. Oh cool, I'm glad her brother saves her, he needs that redemption. But the rescue feels... a bit fastforwarded?

Oh Bronn. Wow, is Cersei really sending him to kill her brothers? Both of them??? Is that Joffrey's bowgun?

Huh, so no one got around to talking to Jon about that thing between him and Danny?

Arya and Gendry and the Hound. Even better!

Ohhh House Tarly, Danny knows that name. Awww, poor Dickon. Poor Sam.

Ooh, wow Sam is the one to deliver it. Interesting to go with the true king instead of the incest angle. Still, "You're the true king." Shivers.
"...btw you have a little brother named Gendry and he's your blacksmith."

Wow this scene with the orange bearded guy is way too dark. The light reflecting from my dark room on the monitor was washing out the scene :P

Nice fire sword bro.

Is the Umber boy the kid from the meeting earlier?

Oh wow, is that Jaimie? He's... old! Oh yeah, there's that kid you pushed out a window in episode 1. Man time's passed, hasn't it?

Looks like the video I downloaded came with a 7 minute Inside the Episode segment. I'll probably watch that after the series is over.

I'm tantalized, I'm intrigued. We start the episode with people coming together, but as with all things, inevitably they're torn apart for one reason or another. Danny didn't need to tell Sam about the deaths of his father and brother, but I guess she felt obligated to give him the truth since Sam saved Jorah. I guess the idea is that Sam's now angry enough against Danny to try to turn Jon against her?

Where's Brianna? I want her to stop by and say hi to Jaimie, the Hound, and Arya.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 01

Post by Catastrophe »

Brianna was there. She was in the shot of the great hall sitting up the front. You see her for a few seconds.

I didn't really know what to expect to be honest. I didn't care for many of the reunions because they were so brief, but the ending was pretty cool.

Return to “TV”