Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

New Sailor Moon Anime

Post by takenoko »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ummer-2013

I dunno, I sort of don't think a new anime is needed? I was just sort of happy with completing the Sailor Moon that existed before. We don't really need a remake or a sequel at this point.

Am I crazy that I feel that way?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: New Sailor Moon Anime

Post by Lunagel »

Having rewatched the anime recently, I do enjoy it, but there's no doubt that it was definitely a product of its time and in serious need of some editing. I love it, but I'll definitely be interested in seeing a reboot.
AkuTenshiiZero
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by AkuTenshiiZero »

So are we looking at a Dragnoball Z Kai style remaster? Both shows were extremely popular with their respective demographic at about the same time, so it wouldn't make sense to remaster one without the other.

Though the article says "new anime series"...Would they seriously remake the entire show from the ground up? I could stand to see what new animation technology can do for a classic show.
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

According to the livestream of the Sailor Moon 20th anniversary event, it's a new anime targeted at older fans of the original series. There were many characters and attacks from the manga that were left out in the original animated series.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Such as Sailor Saturn never getting a transformation sequence.

And no, don't look to see if I'm correct, my friend's favorite Sailor is Saturn and she has chewed off my ear on more than one occasion complaining about the lack of Saturn transformation.
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

It's funny, Sailor Saturn did get a transformation sequence for the Sega Saturn game Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon SuperS Various Emotion, but it was not as elaborate as those of the other Sailor Senshi and did not feature a henshin item.

I hope a new anime series can feature a full Sailor Saturn henshin. Assuming that it goes beyond the Dark Kingdom Storyline.
RickmanX
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Den-O, Garo, Double
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Hibiki, OOO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: The Offspring
My boom: Art
Quote: "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it..." said multiple times in the Myth Adventures series written by Robert Asprin

Post by RickmanX »

I'm personally always up for a reboot of an anime, I tend to read the manga more often then I actually watch the Anime because often times the Anime just flew past the manga's time line and had to go down a completely different path... Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Hunter X Hunter 2011 (so far) are amazing and exceed the original anime by being more faithful to the manga they are based on.... I loved Sailor Moon when I was a kid, so I'm totally looking forward to this!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Totally pointless. I hated DBZ Kai. Because it showed how lazy people are. You hate the fillers. SKIP THE EPISODES ON THE DVD's... Not worth it since it's the same stories. With just the cut elements. This better not become a trend. Next would be naruto redone or some crap.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

archer9234 wrote:Next would be naruto redone or some crap.
In regards to Naruto, what do you do then if it's like Shippuden (or say, One Piece's Davy Back Fight and from Enies Lobby onwards) and the filler is around 75% of a normally canon episode? You don't wanna see the filler but, you can't skip it because then you'd be missing actual material.
Yoshimoon
Infinity

Post by Yoshimoon »

According to Kotono Misuishi's blog (the voice of Sailor Moon), the enemies will not be the Dark Kingdom. Source: http://kotochawan.com/main/blog.php?itemid=1581
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

HURRAY, I GET TO RELIVE MY CHILDHOOD AGAIN NEXT YEAR, w00t!!!
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
Sheldon131
7X
Favorite series: Abaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Quote: The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected.

Post by Sheldon131 »

I was on the train, returning home after my final exam, and when I read that on my phone, I almost dropped it :lol:
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

archer9234 wrote:Totally pointless. I hated DBZ Kai. Because it showed how lazy people are. You hate the fillers. SKIP THE EPISODES ON THE DVD's... Not worth it since it's the same stories. With just the cut elements. This better not become a trend. Next would be naruto redone or some crap.
actually, it would be more of a Brotherhood than a Kai.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This should be interesting to see. I hope the animation looks top notch as they really needed an updated look. If only I could see more updated HD looks for the DBZ characters. But I guess the opening of Kai shall suffice for now.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Yoshimoon wrote:According to Kotono Misuishi's blog (the voice of Sailor Moon), the enemies will not be the Dark Kingdom. Source: http://kotochawan.com/main/blog.php?itemid=1581
Whoa, interesting. I had already read that the intention was like FMA Brotherhood - to redo it and stick closer to the manga. This would be most noticeable in seasons 4 and 5 when the anime story completely diverged from the manga, otherwise the filler wasn't too bad.

Return to “Anime”