New Sailor Moon Anime

Talk about Annie May here
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Re: New Sailor Moon Anime

Post by Yoshimoon »

Looking at Mitsuishi's blog post, she could have also been speaking metaphorically about how voice acting doesn't compare to fighting the Dark Kingdom. Sorry if my previous post was misleading. It's always a challenge to interpret Japanese.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Never in my life time did I seriously believe I would be seeing new Sailormoon.

I Really thought the only way this was going to work is if I won the lottery and put it all into the project.

I can't wait to see this. It's going to be more mature, in hd, and bad ass.

If they are going to do this.. They better do it right. 200 Episodes MINIMUM.

I'm be pissed if they do another PGSM. PGSM was great in it's own right but I was highly pissed they didn't make it pass the Moon Kingdom Arc.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

A manly man needs something like this every few years.

I'm joining the 'they better do it right' faction.
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

My thoughts:
* The new series is like a "power up" over the original - a retelling of the series targeted at older fans
* Simultaneous worldwide release!!! (YAY!)
* New Opening: "Otome no Iro ni" - "The color of a maiden" by Momoiro Clover Z. (Erm... OK, didn't hear much of anything good about this group..)
* Tohru Furuya & Kotono Mitsuishi are confirmed to reprise their roles as Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon. (YAY again!)
* Director is Kunihiko Ikuhara, who directed the last Sailor Moon series, Mawaru Penguin Drum and Revolutionary Girl Utena (unconfirmed? *hopeful*)
A more faithful retelling would get me to start watching, no matter if the OP/ED is crap.
One of the problems I had with the anime is the ending song for the final episode of S1, it was completely out of place; use 'You are Just my Love' during a long U/M scene, S1 during the reveal (preferred) or S5 when Mamoru dies...
Another issue is the original ending for S1, I may be almost alone but I _hated_ it!
/rant
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would like the new Sailor Moon anime to be like the manga so the rest of the Sailor Senshi aren't entirely useless by the third season. If the director of Utena is involved, there might be some weird stuff that may happen. I wonder if the VA of Luna will return since she did it for the live action one years ago.

Also your issue with the way the first season ended may have to due with the filler at the beginning of Sailor Moon R.
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

It might, Phoenix, but the fact that they just dropped it in at the last scene/ED for S1 has always bugged me.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
TAKBonez
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Luka Milfy
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: Punk & Crust
Quote: Hime hime hime, suki suki daisuki, hime hime
Type: ESFP Performer

Post by TAKBonez »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
archer9234 wrote:Next would be naruto redone or some crap.
In regards to Naruto, what do you do then if it's like Shippuden (or say, One Piece's Davy Back Fight and from Enies Lobby onwards) and the filler is around 75% of a normally canon episode? You don't wanna see the filler but, you can't skip it because then you'd be missing actual material.
Then you just read the manga which, is what you should do in the first place if you don't like filler. I honestly fuciking hate it when peopel bitch about filler. Don't like it read the manga simple as that, bitching about it does nothing as you may have noticed, and pretty much annoys fans that like or don't mind filler.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

A) I don't mind filler myself when it's just a seperate arc or episode(s); when it's wedged in-between the canon material, is when I have a problem with it.

B) I do read the manga for One piece but, I got into it first through the anime and of course I'd be disappointed when the show's quality drops drastically.

Return to “Anime”