Dororo 2019 (2nd anime adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's thriller manga)

Talk about Annie May here
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Dororo 2019 (2nd anime adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's thriller manga)

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Shorthand: A swordsman with an artificial body kills demons to regain his real body. Hyakkimaru is that swordsman while Dororo is the bratty thief following him.

Tezuka initially drew the manga for Shonen Sunday from 8/27/1967-7/22/1968. The manga was cancelled with no resolution to its story.Back in 1969, the Tezuka manga was adapted into a 26-episode anime by Mushi Productions and was imported to the west via Discotek. In 2004, Blood Will Tell, a SEGA game released for the PS2, adapted the manga as a videogame.

An upcoming adaptation will be released on Amazon Prime video at 1/2019, drawn by both Studio MAPPA and Tezuka Productions. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Gundam Unicorn) will direct and Yasuko Kobayashi (Kamen Rider) will write the scripts.

I hope this series is awesome.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Dororo 2019 (2nd anime adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's thriller manga)

Post by takenoko »

We did the translation for the live action movie a while back. It was fun, but they never did the sequels to them disappointingly.

Let's hope the new anime adaptation will have an ending.

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Dororo
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Neat.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I apologize for the necro, but I've found something interesting in light of the new trailer.

Remember Kazuma Kendate's actor, Hiroki Suzuki (Not the guy who played Jan) from Decade?? He's Hyakkimaru in the anime and the live-stage adaptation.

Naoya Uchida is playing Kagemitsu, the guy who deals with the 48 demons. Akio Otsuka's also in the anime as Jukai/the doctor who created Hyakki's prosthetic organs and limbs.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

After watched 9 episodes of this anime (total of 24 episodes), this is best anime so far, with very dark theme which fit with Kobayashi's style.

Return to “Anime”