Ultraman 2019 (Anime adaptation of the Ultraman Manga)

Talk about Annie May here
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Ultraman 2019 (Anime adaptation of the Ultraman Manga)

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Currently ongoing with 11 volumes and deviating from Tsuburaya Production's established canon of the entire Ultra Series, the Ultraman manga is a highly requested anime adaptation. Animated by Production I.G and Sola Digital Arts. Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and Shinji Aramaki (the recently announced Blade Runner Black Lotus anime) are directing.

Shorthand: the Ultramen are people with the Ultraman Factor (supergenetics) and Power Armor similar to Iron Man and it runs like XCOM. The Hayatas, Dan, Seiji and Jack have power armor based on their Ultraman forms from the main canon while Kotaro/Taro is basically the Human Torch, though Taro has always been the fire-type Ultraman.

Notable cast:
Ryohei Kimura (Daryl from Gundam Thunderbolt) as Shinjiro Hayata/New-Gen Ultraman
Hideyuki Tanaka (Doflamingo from One Piece, Zoffy's current voice actor) as Shin Hayata/OG Ultraman
Megumi Han (Kyuemon from Nininger, Pega from Ultraman Geed) as Seiji Hokuto/Ace
Takuya Eguchi (Asemu Asuno from Gundam AGE) as Dan Moroboshi/Seven

This is another anime I'm seriously watching in 2019!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ultraman 2019 (Anime adaptation of the Ultraman Manga)

Post by takenoko »

I'm probably going to pass on it. The design is amazing, but the story for the manga is so boring. It's disappointing because the first volume was really exciting.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ultraman 2019 (Anime adaptation of the Ultraman Manga)

Post by Catastrophe »

Standard for those Mangakas. The same thing happened with their first Manga Linebarrels. Nice designs but weird ass plot.

Return to “Anime”