Monkey Punch/Kazuhiko Kato, creator of Lupin III, passed away 4/11 due to pneumonia. He was 81.

Talk about Annie May here
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Monkey Punch/Kazuhiko Kato, creator of Lupin III, passed away 4/11 due to pneumonia. He was 81.

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Mantan has the report.

The man who drew the most charismatic, affable thief and his ragtag band of femme fatale, gunslinger and samurai passed away last Thursday.

I haven't watch a lot of the franchise. Maybe some Part I/Part II back in the 90's, but I adored The Woman Named Mine Fujiko (ASIDE FROM THE FANSERVICE) and its sequel movies.

Perhaps in honor of Mr. Kato, a new Lupin III movie involving Fujiko will come out this coming May 31st.

Repose en paix, legendaire artiste.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Monkey Punch/Kazuhiko Kato, creator of Lupin III, passed away 4/11 due to pneumonia. He was 81.

Post by Lunagel »

The man who drew the most charismatic, affable thief
Uhhh, have you read the manga? It is vastly different from the anime, and not in a good way. Anime!Lupin is a charming rougue but Manga!Lupin is a degenerate, dirty pervert.

Not to speak ill of the dead but the most you can attribute to Monkey Punch is the concept of Lupin III, not the execution or the popularity.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Monkey Punch/Kazuhiko Kato, creator of Lupin III, passed away 4/11 due to pneumonia. He was 81.

Post by Catastrophe »

Often the case with those older mangas that were adapted to TV (Getter comes to mind).

Return to “Anime”