Talk about Annie May here
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Healin' Good♡Precure licensed by Crunchyroll

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Source link

In a surprise move, Crunchyroll listed the current season of Pretty Cure alongside their Summer 2020 licenses. Personally, I'm stoked and it's so nice to know the franchise might finally have a chance over here that's not either Glitter Force or fansubs.

For anyone not in the know, Healin' Good♡Precure is about a girl named Hanadera Nodoka who moves to the town of Sukoyaka with her family after a mysterious illness devastated her body and left her in the hospital for a portion of her life. While exploring the town, she chances upon a group of fairies known as the Healing Animals and accepts becoming Cure Grace in order to give back to the people who helped her while she was sick. Joined by two of her classmates, they fight as Healin' Good♡Precure to protect their town from a group known as the Byougens; a group of demonic inhuman beings who wish to drown the human world in disease and pandemic so they can revive their boss.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Healin' Good♡Precure licensed by Crunchyroll

Post by hiro9796 »

I thought most animes are licensed right before they even aired on actual dates recently?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

hiro9796 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:12 pm I thought most animes are licensed right before they even aired on actual dates recently?
You'd think but Precure hasn't been that lucky.

Futari wa Pretty Cure got a dub in 2009 that aired in Canada produced by Toei and Ocean Studios. And, iirc there was a sub for it up on Crunchyroll courtesy of Toei before but I heard the quality for it wasn't too great.

Smile Precure got a dub in the form of Glitter Force that aired on Netflix in 2015. This dub removed 8 episodes and localized the show so that the girls weren't traveling to say, Osaka from Kyoto as much as they were traveling via bullet train to an "Asia Pacific Expo" that mirrored Japan and you can dress up as geisha and it was awkward. (There's also an unintentionally comical take on one episode where despite the show trying its best to convince you that it takes place in America, that they do nothing about Reika/Chloe's grandpa sitting in a Japanese-styled room doing kanji calligraphy when she asks him for advice. Nor how they flubbed localizing one of the MotW's questions so everyone acts completely flabbergasted that she knew Japanese. "You didn't think I knew how to speak Japanese, did you?" :lol:)

In 2018, Saban Entertainment adapted Doki Doki Precure into Glitter Force Doki Doki. I only saw the first episode of this one and thought the show treating "Doki Doki" like it was a precious "Nakama" word was cringey. So, I never bothered watching the rest. I heard it cut out 21 episodes though which couldn't have worked well with Doki Doki trying to be more serialized than Smile was.

The licenses for both Glitter Force dubs went silent after Hasbro took ownership in 2018 and as far as anyone knew, that was kinda it for the franchise over here. Until today, that is.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Not available in Europe. So fuck those of us here who want to watcjhPrecure I guess.

Region locking and anyone who supports it can go fuck themselves. It benefits no-one.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:52 pm Not available in Europe. So fuck those of us here who want to watch Precure I guess.

Region locking and anyone who supports it can go fuck themselves. It benefits no-one.
My "favourite" form of region locking recently is when a Japanese company that doesn't sell their show with English language subtitles or sell their show in a western market AT ALL cease and desist English language fansubs of their show so that unless you live in Japan and speak Japanese you're shit out of luck ever watching it, making it harder on themselves ever expanding into that western market and making more money from their product. It's almost as if they saw what has been happening with fansubs making Tokusatsu popular enough in the west that multiple different american companies have bought licenses to translate and sell Sentai, Ultraman & Metal Hero box sets or get people to purchase streaming service subscriptions to watch Kamen Rider or Ultraman and said "Nah, fuck that, why would we want to make more money from our product for no time/effort/money investment on our part?"

But hey, I live in Ireland and NONE of these shows get here anyway so what do I know.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Kira Kira Precure a La Mode licensed by Crunchyroll

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I meant to post about this the other day but Crunchyroll nabbed another season of Pretty Cure, this one being 2017's Kira Kira Precure a La Mode. And before anyone brings it up, yes, this season's available in Europe.

For anyone not in the know, this season is about a girl named Usami Ichika who had a love of sweets given to her at an early age by her mother. To return this, she wished to bake her mom a strawberry shortcake. However, fairies from the sky? Cake thieves?! Crazy things start happening and she becomes Cure Whip. Together with 5 others, they become the Precure - the Legendary Pâtissiers - to protect the happiness found from baking sweets. This season running on the idea that baking sweets can pull people together and create smiles and since "smiles are contagious", this will lead to spreading happiness; energy known in-universe as "Kirakiral".

It's their job to keep this hope, this love afloat for the sake of happiness and smiles everywhere!

Return to “Anime”