Kachou on!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

GCX 10 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Arino tackles Super Mario Bros 3 in a springs resort for the final episode of the season.

Spoiler
It's a bit weird for me to watch this after watching an episode of Arcade Gamer Fubuki where the main character does some hellish training at a hot springs. So Arino and his staff had the same idea as well. Oh Super Mario Bros. 3, it was a game that should have a save system but didn't. I love playing that game but unlike Arino, I actually play all the levels. Too bad that they didn't show off some of the other levels like World 4 where you had the giant enemies and the fun ability to switch between regular size and giant size enemies. Tanaki Mario is actually my favorite suit in the game since you could stomp on enemies as a statue.
Mitsuhide
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: GameCenter CX
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: AKB48

Re: GCX 10 released

Post by Mitsuhide »

A joyous day, thanks guys :)
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

I always enjoy a GCCX episode!

I was surprised that Arino never played that game.

And it was nice to see a some KR toys in a machine in that game corner.
bakersfield chimp
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by bakersfield chimp »

Excellent! You just made my week!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I wanted to point out the Blade toys in the visit section

It's kind of a pity that the season had to end on a failing note, but this was still early on and Arino was still working on his platforming skills. It's no surprise that a complicated game like Mario 3 would beat him

See you guys again in season 3
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

This was a very nice surprise after a crappy day at work, thanks guys!

I was also disappointed that Arino didn't play through all the levels. I personally never passed the game as a kid but I did at least make it to the fast airship by playing through all the levels. He used the two big cheats and still couldn't pass the game. Arino isn't very good at the Super Mario games is he? XD
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I never realized how bad Arino was at games until now. I knew he was bad but man, the early levels of SM3 really got him. Of course, I guess Arino didn't get to see the Wizard like I did before playing that game. But man, Arino is bad at SM. SM1 and 2 are hard but I always found SM3 to be the easier of the three SM so it hurt watching him play. But a nice surprise release all the same. Thanks guys.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

Spoiler
"The P button turns blocks into coins. However, Arino doesn't understand this, so he moves on."

Another great episode of the best show about video games ever. I had to point out to my viewing audience that one of the main reasons Arino is the host of this show is because he is generally bad at video games and is unfamiliar with many classics that most players take for granted. Viewers may do well to remind themselves of this fact when watching to enhance their comedic enjoyment

Totally great to see the Blade toys, are those sofubi? Do they have moveable joints? Of course I know Blade but I haven't seen that style of action figures before
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

Wait, I remember watching past episodes where I saw him talking about playing games I never heard of.

Or was it on one of the specials, meaning he played the game on a season we haven't seen yet?

*scratches head*
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

*Smiles like a total idiot*

You've just made me very happy indeed. Now to just wait for the torrent to finish downloading and off to watch another GameCenter episode.
Parko
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: The Legend of Zelda
2nd Favorite Series: Resident Evil
Dreamy: Samus Aran
Favorite Actor?: Skeet Ulrich
Favorite Band: Nine Inch Nails
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Survival

Post by Parko »

Thank you so much! Been patiently waiting for months and what a great episode to end the season on! Thanks once again!
I am the guard of the bridge. I guess it is not really necessary to guard such a small bridge, please pass.
SirLarr
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by SirLarr »

Yeah! I've been checking these forums for the last six months hoping to see another episode pop up. Thank you guys so much for all your work!
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Triple M: I don't think you really need to point out anything since its pretty apparent of Arino's skill level. It just suprising that SM is so difficult for him is all. He did fairly well with other platformers, like Atlantis, which had weaker controls and poorer programming but yet he gets taken by SM which has the best controls of its time. Losing 10+ extra lives at a difficult spot is understandable but losing like 30+ lives or just the earilier stages; agonizing. Especially how he died sometimes. Like watching a friend playing and dying over and over again and you just wanna help but they won't let you or you know you should because it wouldn't be the same for them if you did it for them. Which is one of the main reason why I enjoy this show. You really start cheering for Arino to win but he doesn't always do it. You get kinda into it when its all over. Heck, it made me fire up my Wii and beat SM3 just to make me feel better after getting so involved.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
gopudding
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by gopudding »

Thanks for another episode of this awesome show! :D
Mr Jim
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Densha Otoko
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: The Doors
My boom: Japan

Post by Mr Jim »

I don't post much anymore, but when I do its only because I am excited about something & have something to say.

I love GCX & coming home to this tonight has completed my day. Thanks for subbing another great ep!

I look forward to watching it as soon as it finishes DL.

Jim.
http://www.youtube.com/MrJim
I come & go as I please...but only if I want to...

Return to “GameCenter CX”