Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

MegaRanger 50 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/MegaRanger_50

So the big episode 5-0. Yugande and Shiborena do as much damage as they can in their suicide runs.

I'm kind of glad that the MegaRangers dealing with their identities being revealed is such a short arc. It's a good topic, but I think the douchey townspeople gets pretty heavy handed and repetitive by the next episode.

Still, it's a good theme for a show about teenagers. Learning to deal with how other people perceive you is a lesson that is vital at any age. But you really start to feel aware of others when you become a teen.

I'll miss Yugande and Shiborena. Their dynamic was always nice since it's obvious that Dr. Hinelar cared for both of them, and that relationship was reciprocated.

Penultimate!
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 50 released

Post by jonty »

I love the scene where Kubota and the rest of the INET crew pilot the mechas to save Yuusaku.

Actually, I pretty much love any scene with Kubota.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That one mother was one second "Save me, MegaRangers! Oh please save me from the monsters!" and the next second, "Stop making us part of your battles even though you just save me from the monsters!" I wished her kid would just slap her for thinking that way. You can't have it both ways. If you don't want them, then you shouldn't asking them to save you.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So long, Delta Mega. We hardly knew ye.

Also, I guess Yugande and Shiborena died as well. But they're not nearly as important as a soulless robo. :P
jonty wrote:I love the scene where Kubota and the rest of the INET crew pilot the mechas to save Yuusaku.

Actually, I pretty much love any scene with Kubota.
Agreed. He's a hard-ass but ultimately caring mentor. You don't see that these days. Troll-Grandpa is a hard-ass, but he's also a troll.
Phoenix512 wrote:That one mother was one second "Save me, MegaRangers! Oh please save me from the monsters!" and the next second, "Stop making us part of your battles even though you just save me from the monsters!" I wished her kid would just slap her for thinking that way. You can't have it both ways. If you don't want them, then you shouldn't asking them to save you.
Well if you follow the mother's train of thought then the MegaRangers have an obligation to save them since they started the problem in the first place. So it's entirely reasonable (though very short-sighted) to want them to save the day and then get the hell out of Dodge so that the enemy doesn't do this again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, isn't the mother's thinking some kind of fallacy in reasoning? Just because the MegaRangers are associated with the Nejirejia invasion doesn't mean they caused it. It's sort of like wanting to have your cake while eating it too. Sure, they save the day this time. But if she wanted the MegaRangers gone for good, that'll just mean the invasion will occur without anyone around to stop them.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Good timing on linking the violin rendition of the MegaRanger theme, BTW. It's very fitting since this episode also uses a great orchestral arrangement: Mars, the Bringer of War.:)
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

You made my day posting this episode (and, tangent time, the Ninninger movie). I won't be able to watch until next week. Thank you. Happy Holiday .
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haha, no prob. Have a happy holidays everyone.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

im really glad i watched this series it feels really good to watch. the op is so good to "do-do-do" it at work.

im glad they didnt spend much time in that outhouse. and "were ALL soldier of inet!" part was nice too!

im mad now i got this from someone else because now you guys have it. but ill watch your version because i like your subs.

hope youre doing the movie! keep up the good work!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Farewell Yugande and Shiborena.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”