< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Shinkenger Act 3 released

Post by zeldAIS »

i liked this ep that you will actually see how Chiaki will mature and grow :3 character development is always good =D cool that he made a goal that is honestly hard to reach =P hope we see he succeeds, though, heh, Takeru sure is strong.

we also find out why they need their River overflowed in the Human world.
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Re: Shinkenger Act 3 released

Post by ElKevo86 »

Excited by the release, disappointed by the fact that I wont get to watch it until I get home from work tomorrow. *sigh* oh well, at least I'll have something to look forward to all day.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ElKevo86 wrote:Excited by the release, disappointed by the fact that I wont get to watch it until I get home from work tomorrow. *sigh* oh well, at least I'll have something to look forward to all day.
Why do you post crap like that? It's annoying to see 4-5 posts just people saying, "Can't wait to watch it?" or "I'm downloading it right now." Just wait until you watch the actual episode and post something constructive.

Chiaki did really shine with his character development in this episode. It was funny when they combined into Shinken-Oh while Chiaki didn't want to at all.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

hahaha Yeah, and the fact that Chiaki realized what red really did at the end of the episode shows the level of growth he underwent. I mean to be able to understand RIGHT after is not something most people can do, since in my case I would have though that Takeru just wanted to show off to everybody and order around as he pleased... instead of him trying to help.

No oden in the episode this time? :(

Oh and I liked how they made it look like takeru and chiaki crossed swords when they were practicing at night :) it was a very nice and... very cultured for them to show something like that <_<

Sorry for my horrible train of though, and English grammar... having 10 trains of thoughts at once does not help at all when posting :lol:
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The kuroko don't get paid enough for what they have to put up with. They aren't your mother Chiaki.

Ryuunosuke dropping his pajama bottoms was completely unexpected. :lol: It was also nice to see him being more than just the comic relief by dodging Takeru's hit.

Mako seems to be taking on a peacemaker role by her comments during the battle.

The Kuma Origami looked like it was biting Rokuroneri's crotch.

Shinken-Oh has a shield? Did samurai ever used shields?

The plot was decent if a bit hackneyed. Of course, I'm biased by my disinterest in Chiaki.
Fidchell wrote:I would have though that Takeru just wanted to show off to everybody and order around as he pleased... instead of him trying to help.
You just haven't noticed Takeru's pattern of behavior. The memory of seeing his own father die before his own eyes traumatized him. Despite this being only the third episode, you can see that every time Takeru says something harsh, he does so because he doesn't want anyone getting hurt.
dkmagby88
Adventure
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman
Dreamy: Asami Tatsuya
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Competitive Pokemon

Post by dkmagby88 »

Pacman saves the day again.

So rivalry started between Green and Red...no surprise there really. I have to say that the overall atmosphere of this series is really well done. I'm really more excited to see what the other characters are like...especially the girls. I feel they've been getting gipped so far. But that's usually to be expected.

lol and Tekken? I'm wondering if there's any product placement going on in this series.
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Artimid »

Two parts: I am excited to see how these characters come along, and I liked the story in todays episode.. but I do feel that Green trying to prove himself could have possibly been split into two episodes. One where he breaks off from the team and tries to fight on his own, and one where he learns a bit of humility and sees Takeru for what he is, and accepts that.

The other part, would be that while I liked the story, I didn't like how the actor for Chaiki performed. It might have been a bit of bias on my part thinking the whole story was rushed, and that this was something they could have played up for a bit, even this early in the series, but I feel that he didn't pass off what was supposed to be happening. I have all the faith I can that he, and the others, will grow very nicely into their roles.. but.. at the moment, either this episode was too early, or maybe they should have found another actor for Green. He doesn't play off being hurt (emotionally) that well, and his angry and resentment at what he feels his treatment is.. that possibly could have been more, how to phrase it.., in depth? Or more realistic?

Either way, I did enjoy the episode, and I liked seeing a reasonable limit on why the monsters might just leave after thrashing the Shinkengers around for a bit. I guess maybe the more powerful they are, the more they need to soak in the water; thus, the reason the bosses don't leave the boat to just wipe out the human world. :)
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Green's not gonna mourn for whoever was in that car, will he... :?

Spoiler
Next up: Shinkenpink screw it, no one cares, throw some more blue in there!
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

- Blue is kinda idiotic and funny at times. XD
- Ooo... Nice move/retreat by Blue!
- So the baddies have a weakness too eh, can't stay away from the river for too long... That's like Ultraman's 3 minute colour-timer principle. ><
- Did Red just use a different disc for the lightning and thunder attack? So Shinkengers have multiple discs?
Altaisen00
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai, Super Robot
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Super robot Taisen

Post by Altaisen00 »

3 straight episode really good, I hope they will keep the story full with characters emotional and they relationship. Every time i'm watching Shinkenger always feel emotional... sigh.

I wonder how long Chiaki will keep that honour for Lord Tekeru?
-If you can't see beyond, you won't understand what is right in front of your eyes-
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I liked Chiaki right from the start. His sword style felt unorthodox.

Also he is Green. I like Green. Green was also Mele's color :3
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

You just haven't noticed Takeru's pattern of behavior. The memory of seeing his own father die before his own eyes traumatized him. Despite this being only the third episode, you can see that every time Takeru says something harsh, he does so because he doesn't want anyone getting hurt.
Agreed, I think that's where his growth will come from. I think in time, he will mature and acts more like a teammate.

I liked Green's transform in this ep.

I also like scene 14:07-14:11.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Ryu Serpentine
Adventure
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Ryu Serpentine »

I'm liking Takru, but I'm also hating him at the same time, it's confusing. Wooh! Pacman!

Ths was definitely good character develpment for Chiaki. I also liked hs plan against the Gedoushou(Sp?) even if it did take me a bit to figure out.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Kono bangumi wa goran no suponsa no tekyou de okuri shimasu.

It's surprising how aware I am of the difference in plot progression from Go-Onger as I watch Shinkenger. I like it, as much as I enjoyed Go-Onger it's like being back with an old friend. Menacing bad guys with brilliant designs holding up a plot that even at episode 3 seems like it's going somewhere, all pulled together by interesting characters, emotive music and inventive applications of style. This is why I liked Magi, I'm looking forward to another exciting season of sentai :)
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

Okay, I watched the episode, now I can post "something constructive".

Alright, a Chiaki centered episode! He is definitely my favorite Shinkenger so far and it was nice to see a little of his life before having to serve his lord, albeit briefly. It was also great to see him step up and take something seriously (even though I like his screw off attitude). I figured this was gonna be another "guy tries to do something on his own, fails, has his teammates jump in and save him and by the end realizes the real value of teamwork" but I was pleasantly surprised. And once again video games solve another problem. Is there anything they can't do?

I also liked Rokuroneri. He was funny and through him we learned a little more about the Gedoushu. And I laughed so hard when Doukoku (is that his name? I'm to lazy to go back to the ep and check.) threw the Nanashi at Rokuroneri and Dayu to break up their bickering.

Thanks to everyone who brought us another great episode!

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”