Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
MagusToku
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (2009) - Season Summary

Post by MagusToku »

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger is the 33rd Super Sentai series.

Season Overview:
For 18 generations, Samurai of the Shiba House (志葉家,Shiba Ke?) have suppressed the evil intentions of the Gedoushu, evil spirits that can enter the world of the living by squeezing through gaps between buildings and other structures anywhere in the city. Now, the youngest head of the Shiba Clan (Takeru Shiba) must gather his four chosen Samurai Warriors in order to battle the Gedoushu as the Shinkengers.

Shinkengers:
Takeru Shiba - ShinkenRed
((志葉 丈瑠/シンケンレッド ,Shiba Takeru/Shinken Reddo?))

Takeru is the 18th descendant of the Shiba family line. His arrogance at times can sometimes be hated by his father Hikoma Kusakabe. When approaching the chosen Shinkengers, Takeru's never say never attitude is implemented when he tells the chosen Shinkengers to "fight the Gedoushu or lose and die".
Spoiler
When the Shinkengers had a day off at the amusement park, Takeru decides to stay behind and train using the last remaining Hiden Disc (Hiden = Secret). The Disc has been used by the Head of the Shiba Clan for generations. When Yanasudare (an Ayakashi that is immune to physical attacks) attacks the Shinkengers, Takeru hesitates to use it the first time of asking.

Soon after Yanasudare runs out of water and retreats, the Shinkengers admit defeat but Takeru thinks differently and so explains to them the story of the Hiden Discs (which were lost in numerous battles from the previous Shinkengers). Takeru stays again and trains a lot harder than before, causing him to lose some Mojikara. When fully grasping the power of the disc, Takeru returns to help out the Shinkengers for the second time and uses the disc on his Rekka Daizantou and turns it into the Oozutsu (Oozutsu = Bazooka) Mode which ultimately finishes off the Ayakashi's first life.

During the second life, ShinkenOh's Kantana has no effect on the Ayakashi and so Takeru calls forth the Kabuto Origami (see Origami Mechas) to assist the Shinkengers victory.

Ryunosuke Ikenami - ShinkenBlue
((池波 流ノ介/シンケンブルー ,Ikenami Ryūnosuke/Shinken Burū?))

Ryunosuke is a serious young man whose dream is to become a Kabuti dancer despite his parent's wishes to become a fully pledged Samurai. Through a loner, he tends to take Takeru's actions extremely seriously even when his comrades don't seem to be that willing to follow Takeru's guideance.

Chiaki Tani - ShinkenGreen
((谷 千明/シンケングリーン ,Tani Chiaki/Shinken Gurīn?))

Even through Chiaki is a cheerful and honest person, he has no interest in becoming a Shinkenger and often clashes with Takeru occasionally. While he is the weakest Warrior in the group, Chiaki had abandoned his training. His main surprise is that he is a great strategist.

Mako Shiraishi - ShinkenPink
((白石 茉子/シンケンピンク ,Shiraishi Mako/Shinken Pinku?))

Prior to becoming a Shinkenger, Mako was a Kindergarden Assistant to a local City School. She is a kind hearted girl who fights for our views. At times of need, Mako only helps out other people (including comrades) if they really need her support.

Kotoha Hanaori - ShinkenYellow
((花織 ことは/シンケンイエロー ,Hanaori Kotoha/Shinken Ierō?))

Kotoha is a pure hearted young girl who worked at a local bamboo shop near the outskirts of the city and is also skilled in Martial Arts. She took over from her older sister who became seriously ill prior to becoming a Shinkenger.

Gedoushu

The Gedoushu are spirits living in a giant Chinese sailing ship which sails along the Sanzu River. Able to squirm their way into the world of the living, they attack humans so that the river overflows and flood the mortal realm. Though defeated and sealed by samurai eighteen generations ago, the Gedoushu are now reawaken in present time to resume their havoc.

Doukoku

The Blood Feast Doukoku is the leader of the Gedoushu clan. He is armed with a huge broadsword and is always in a constant state of rage. The only way to calm his rage is to drink sake in which a Nanashi always provide him with some.

Dayu

Thin-Skinned Dayu is the right hand of Doukoku. She is the only one out of the clan who is calm and always plays the shamisen to add intense atsmosphere to the rocking boat. She loves to collect beautiful things that would mean absolutely nothing to the clan.

Shitari

Shitari is the strategist of the group.He sees humans as mere pawns in the Gedoushu's attempts to allow the Sanzu River to overflow into the human world.

Juuzou

Juuzou is the fourth Gedoushu. He is seen in the opening sequence alongside the original three Gedoushu but makes his full debut in Act 8.
Spoiler
When the Shinkengers used their Rekka Oozutsu Daizantou on Dayu, Juuzou interferes and deflects the Dayu cannon shot using his Samurai sword. He later then asks the Shinkengers if they are the Uramasas (whatever that means). He then summons the Oonanashi Renchuu and escapes with Dayu soon afterwards.

Nanashis

The Nanashis are the footsoldiers to the Gedoushus and their task is to get their hands dirty alongside a Ayakashi. During the second life, they are known as the Oonanashi Renchu's. Their weapons vary from bow and arrows to traditional Samurai swords, the Oonanashi Renchus occasionally make an appearance but it's mainly the Ayakashis who attempt to destroy the Shinkengers and their Origami Mechas.

Ayakashis:

The Ayakashis are anicent evil monster spirits that serve the Gedoushu. It is thier job to ensure that they attack the city by providing nightmare (ish) destruction on the humans while at the same time allowing the Sanzu River to overflow into the human dimension. Each Ayakashi has two lives. The second life allows them to grow into a giant once they are slained by the Shinkengers in their human lifeform. Each Ayakashi has individual weaknesses to the way that they must be destroyed.
Last edited by MagusToku on Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagusToku
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Re: Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (2009) - Season Summary

Post by MagusToku »

For starters I hope this is in the right section. It's not a review, it's merely a work in progress summary.

I've been doing this summary for a few weeks now...I hope you guys like what I have done so far :)
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

why?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

AeonRanger wrote:why?
because we have these running throughout a series, its more detail than the show introduction summaries as it contains details throughout the series

there is one in kiva if you look
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

okay well that's fair enough but why not make the topic at the start of the season and just call it a Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Discussion so the fans can talk about the series in a whole and then have indivdual discussions, like you do already, on the episodes when you release them? aren't seasom summary's what's wiki for
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

AeonRanger wrote:okay well that's fair enough but why not make the topic at the start of the season and just call it a Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Discussion so the fans can talk about the series in a whole and then have indivdual discussions, like you do already, on the episodes when you release them? aren't seasom summary's what's wiki for
wiki contains false information, it is never a good source
Series discussion lead to spoilers which is against the rules, maybe if people could refrain from spoiling then maybe, but people just do it too much to make it viable.
We have a full series discussion once the series has ended, this is not as clear on this version of the boards given they were reset over a year ago
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Well theres something there about Takeru's relationship with is father that we haven't seen yet, I don't know if it would count but it seems spoileriffic.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

possibly the wrong wording, possibly should be

attributed to his father...

it is unsure where this information came from, it could be his interpretation of something that we have already seen, but judging from when it was last edited, i would deem it to not contain spoilers (date last edited, Tuesday 14th April)
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Artimid »

Just a couple of suggestions if I may:

Takeru is the 18th descendant of the Shiba family line. His arrogance at times can sometimes be hated by his father Hikoma Kusakabe. When approaching the chosen Shinkengers, Takeru's never say never attitude is implemented when he tells the chosen Shinkengers to "fight the Gedoushu or lose and die".

---Hated by his father? His father is.. dead, and I am pretty sure he wouldn't hate him since Takeru isn't arrogant, he is just worried about the others so he covers it up with an act. His never say never attitude might be more attributed to the fact that he is a leader, and thus will go to any extreme (almost it appears out of hidden desperation) to defeat the motw before anyone is hurt, especially his own team mates.

Ryunosuke is a serious young man whose dream is to become a Kabuti dancer despite his parent's wishes to become a fully pledged Samurai. Through a loner, he tends to take Takeru's actions extremely seriously even when his comrades don't seem to be that willing to follow Takeru's guideance.

---I am sorry, but I have to think that Ryunosuke loves groups. :( I think he enjoys being around everyone, though yes... he does want to be in Kabuki since he has been training in it since he was little and he still dreams about it.

Even through Chiaki is a cheerful and honest person, he has no interest in becoming a Shinkenger and often clashes with Takeru occasionally. While he is the weakest Warrior in the group, Chiaki had abandoned his training. His main surprise is that he is a great strategist.

---Again, I have to disagree with this. Not even so much in the latest episode, but in the others as well, I don't think he ever really abandoned his training, he just was never as serious about it as others. This might be up to interpretation though. He is the weakest, but I don't even see him as being a great strategist. He is.. as much as I like him, kind of stupid or slow. Hence him refusing to believe he was the weakest, and thus stunting his growth and hindering the team. It was pointed out to him, because he needed it to be.

Thin-Skinned Dayu is the right hand of Doukoku. She is the only one out of the clan who is calm and always plays the shamisen to add intense atsmosphere to the rocking boat. She loves to collect beautiful things that would mean absolutely nothing to the clan.

---She is hardly "calm" in that she keeps trying to flay all the Gedoushu who talk to her. :D

Nice work though. I like basically all the other information. :)
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

I got a kick out of this:
often clashes with Takeru occasionally
Choose one or the other, please.
ImageImage
KaQ
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gransazer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by KaQ »

Really good series. It got me back into watching sentai regularly again.
After Shinkenger 6, Kotoha became my favourite sentai character of all time.

(I hope this is a "correct" topic for feedback =P)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hey Kaq, haven't seen you in forever. How's it hanging?
MacGyver572
Adventure
Favorite series: 555
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Deka's Jasmine
Favorite Actor?: Den-O piano man
Favorite Band: Back-On
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Decade's henshins

Post by MacGyver572 »

awesome show, they do a LOT of really cool stuff, and i saw somewhere that the movie will be 3D... does anyone know if this is true?
ImAnAutobot
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ImAnAutobot »

Hey Guys,

I'm nothing more than a lurker here, and an occasional poster, but I wonder if anyone could shed some light on something for me. I was watching a shinkenger clip on youtube earlier today, and someone posted in the comments that there wasn't going to be a Super Sentai Vs. movie for Shinkenger. Is this true? Or is it just too early to say?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I doubt it's true. Don't believe YouTube comments. It's too soon for talking about the VS. If we heard something official about it, we will let you know.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”