Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
droolboy
Sentai Senshi

Re: Shinkenger 44 released (No HD yet)

Post by droolboy »

Fidchell wrote:yes new jii is an ass.. it was almost like "eah i knew they are all hurt as hell form battle.. BUT GODAMMIT BOW YOU ASSES to the head! have you no respect?

even tho nobody knew anything yet... New jii is like expecting too much...
Yeah... it's almost as if he wasn't aware that they were kept in the dark about the existence of another lord. :|
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

DarkProject wrote:I really like where this is going. I feel a bit let down that Takeru isn't the lord, but it makes so much sense. Of course he wouldn't be so worried about that time he was captured, what with not actually knowing the sealing character. He'd have used it on Doukoku when he appeared had he known it.
Yeah, the show did not even show Takeru truly practicing the sealing character (we don't need to know what it is, but the fact that he wasn't practicing it contributes to how he's not the actual lord). If he isn't practicing it, I'm thinking Kaoru has practiced (assuming that she's the lord)?
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
Wild Goose
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Wild Goose »

Best possible solution: Kaoru stays along just long enough to put the sealing charecter on Doukoku, this time for good. After that, she goes off to do her own thing and be a normal girl.

Takeru meanwhile returns to being the head of the Shiba Clan simply because while he isn't the head de jure, he's been the de facto head and has been doing a good job of it.

But that's just my hopes and dreams. (Also, I figure he'd probably make a Bid Damn Heroes return to combat in the next few eps... assuming that this week's Ayakashi didn't burn up all his Mojikara.)
hakister
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by hakister »

Wild Goose wrote:Best possible solution: Kaoru stays along just long enough to put the sealing charecter on Doukoku, this time for good. After that, she goes off to do her own thing and be a normal girl.

Takeru meanwhile returns to being the head of the Shiba Clan simply because while he isn't the head de jure, he's been the de facto head and has been doing a good job of it.

But that's just my hopes and dreams. (Also, I figure he'd probably make a Bid Damn Heroes return to combat in the next few eps... assuming that this week's Ayakashi didn't burn up all his Mojikara.)
I think I know where you've read this.
Wild Goose

Post by Wild Goose »

Not sure what you mean, considering that the scenario I've mentioned has its precedents in various other media (i'm pretty sure there's a trope for it, but damned if I know where it is...) Princess doesn't want to have to deal with the responsibilities and wanting to be a normal girl is a pretty old plot device.

Other possibility is that Kaoru dies putting the Sealing Charecter on Doukoku, leaving the way open for Takeru to return permanantly to being the lord.

Lastly regards to the end, I figure that Doukoku and the ayakashi threat is ended for good, and the Shinkengers go their seperate ways to chase their dreams, but still remain in touch. Mako goes back to her students, Ryunosuke returns to kabuki, etc.
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Post by DarkProject »

Wild Goose wrote:Lastly regards to the end, I figure that Doukoku and the ayakashi threat is ended for good, and the Shinkengers go their seperate ways to chase their dreams, but still remain in touch. Mako goes back to her students, Ryunosuke returns to kabuki, etc.
Chiaki goes back to the arcades, Kotoha returns to... playing the flute, Takeru...

Life after Shinkenger is probably going to suck for some. At least Genta isn't too poorly off. He'll just do what he always does.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Fobo911 wrote:Yeah, the show did not even show Takeru truly practicing the sealing character (we don't need to know what it is, but the fact that he wasn't practicing it contributes to how he's not the actual lord). If he isn't practicing it, I'm thinking Kaoru has practiced (assuming that she's the lord)?
Yeah, the reason for Takeru being around was to provide a decoy so that the Gedoushu wouldn't know about the real lord. This way, Kaoru could practice the sealing character without fear of being attacked so that she could perfect it. Probably, the letter at the beginning of the episode said something along the lines of "Kaoru has perfected the sealing character and will be traveling there to take Takeru's place as ShinkenRed." That's why it was technically good news but it still upset Takeru and Jii a bit, and why Takeru said they'd deal with it once it happened.

At any rate there's no way Kaoru's going to take over. She'll probably be Red for two or three more episodes and then something will happen and Takeru will come back and everyone will be like yay. Especially since even though Takeru isn't technically the head of the Shiba clan, Dokouku still has a huge grudge against him. He'll definitely want to get rid of Kaoru first because she can seal him, but I don't think he'll just completely write off Takeru as nobody now.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Wait wait wait!!!

So...what was with showing Takeru's father in one episode and him imparting wisdom or whatever to Takeru? Wasnt he Takeru's real father? The series really has grown super interesting now! About time I say!
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Arawynn wrote:Wait wait wait!!!

So...what was with showing Takeru's father in one episode and him imparting wisdom or whatever to Takeru? Wasnt he Takeru's real father? The series really has grown super interesting now! About time I say!
Takeru never referred to that man as his father at all. So it could have been the former true lord telling the boy Takeru that he must now fight as ShinkenRed, or it was his father and his father was just telling his son that he must now fight as ShinkenRed instead of the true lord.

If Kaoru is going to fight as ShinkenRed for the rest of the series, I say Genta make Takeru a new changer and weapon and he can be ShinkenSilver. Oh! He could use the Lightning/Thunder Disk that was used only once earlier in the series and never touched again! So his helmet will look like this 雷, and Ika Origami can be his permanent mecha while Genta continues to use Ebi Origami as his. That would be perfect.
I think I'm kinda hoping for that now. Permanent female red, AND we get to keep Takeru as a Shinkenger.

Definitely a surprising episode. That was definitely a smart plan from Shitari, and that Onibidama armament he gave the Ayakashi was wicked. Can't wait to see episode 45 and find out what's what.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Takimoto/Ryuki's Editor in chief is Takeru's father. That's his title in the credits. If he wasn't, all those father-son moments which make Takeru nostalgic wouldn't make any sense if he was just some stranger
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

KickHopper wrote:
Arawynn wrote:Wait wait wait!!!

Takeru never referred to that man as his father at all. So it could have been the former true lord telling the boy Takeru that he must now fight as ShinkenRed, or it was his father and his father was just telling his son that he must now fight as ShinkenRed instead of the true lord.

If Kaoru is going to fight as ShinkenRed for the rest of the series, I say Genta make Takeru a new changer and weapon and he can be ShinkenSilver. Oh! He could use the Lightning/Thunder Disk that was used only once earlier in the series and never touched again! So his helmet will look like this 雷, and Ika Origami can be his permanent mecha while Genta continues to use Ebi Origami as his. That would be perfect.
I think I'm kinda hoping for that now. Permanent female red, AND we get to keep Takeru as a Shinkenger.
Or maybe he'll be the black ranger, like DarkProject's avatar.
I lost The Game!
Sonic Landale
Adventure

Post by Sonic Landale »

Yea, can't believe the big Review ended up coming back and bite Takeru in the ass really badly...
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Now I know why I was banned for two weeks! It was a total coincidence though, but next time I'll put it in Spoiler Tags just to be sure.

This twist was so epic! Who would've thought that the REAL 18th head was a girl? It's actually a really cool idea. My guess is that if it's a huge success, they might do it again in the future.

skyler_arc wrote:I found these on another forum. Not quite sure about their truth. :D

Originally Posted by dukemon22 (from rangercrew.com)

Yeah, you're banned for a month. Read the rules next time

Edit. Oh, so you're Ochoboi. Well, then let's change this into an IP ban and make the ban 6 months

-take
O_O And I was complaining for being banned for two weeks, I wonder what he did wrong O_O
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

He basically listed a synopsis for the story for the entire month of January. So I gave him a punishment to fit the crime
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Zazelle wrote:This twist was so epic! Who would've thought that the REAL 18th head was a girl? It's actually a really cool idea. My guess is that if it's a huge success, they might do it again in the future.
I think the idea of having a female Red is so the boys in the audience will take a dislike to the new lord and want Take back. If they had a male lord they might think he is cool and not really mind the change.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”