7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Re: Shinkenger 48 released

Post by TrueZero »

Oh where to begin, where to begin...

First of all, loved the action within the series, Hyper Shinken Green was awesome, and finally someone other than Red uses it within the main story. Seeing the Sealing Character at last was a good thing to see since they've been leading up to it all year.

You know, I really see Act 45 onwards as a single five-parter. I'll be watching it all from 45 next week.

Next up, I really enjoyed the scene at the mansion, Kaoru now having adopted Takeru, I have to say, it's got to feel a bit weird that your mother is younger than you. Loved Genta's Thumbs Up to Tanba, that made me laugh a lot. Also found the bit with Tanba listening at the door to be one of the comedic highlights for him and Kaoru, since she said it so quickly afterwards.

Finally, found the Sensor Box breaking like that to be really creepy, and the massive army of Nanashi was just jaw dropping. Let the epic final chapter of Shinkenger arrive, I will wait with intense excitement. I can only hope Tensou Sentai is just as powerful a series.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

I love Tanba's reaction to Kaoru's speech at the end. "Your child is older than you." LOL
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

Isnt Chiaki a little late for Christmas.
ImageImage
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I'd feel sorry for the people in that flooded city, but they probably had it coming for staying after the penis-on-shoulder guy showed up.

I did call the same, red (but with boobs)'s deal, though.
Spoiler
jolly_old_saint wrote:
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:
Spoiler
Kaoru Shiba being the first female Red in sentai is a great and warm welcome into the history books.
Spoiler

Shesa gonna bombad die or become incapacitated. >.>;;
DeeLite
Adventure
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by DeeLite »

OMG. when she adopted Takeru and made the announcement, I was in the middle of drinking my soda. Carbonated drink + funny moment do not mix.

Fun-tastic episode. Kinda knew that the sealing character wouldn't work, as that would have been very anti-climatic (oh, just draw this character and all your problems will go away). Nothing beats an all out beat down with big monsters for the final show.

Looking forward to the next episode. Shinkenger broke with a lot of traditions in Sentai, and one of the first series that actually kept up the pace very nicely
Defense! Defense! Defense!
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:Wow not bad of a ep, even tho it was mostly talking.

holy **ck on a sandwhich Chiaki went Hyper and used Kyouryuumaru! Colors still clash just like Hyper ShinkenGold, but still its awesome. Kinda strange tho that he's the only one that didn't get to use the Inrou at least twice like Mako and Kotoha (Ryuu used it pleanty).

Kaoru adopting Takeru was funny, Genta over reacted when bowing imo.

And the Sukima sensor, where does it get all those sticks?? LOL

looks like its gonna be a epic one.....*prepares to cry next week* :cry:
Where does it get all those sticks? Obviously the Kuroko periodically refill it. Can't have a sensor of that design only able to hold one stick at a time. If there's two attacks within moments of each other, the second one wouldn't get a location readout. Thus the sensor is set up like a dispenser to etch the location of the latest attack on a chopstick, spit it out to be read by Jii, then another chopstick drops into position, ready for the next alert. Of course, as we saw, numerous crevices spraying Sanzu River water simultaneously overloaded the poor thing and made it pop open from trying to report so many alerts at once, dumping its entire supply of chopsticks on the floor to report that, as an earlier poster noted, "We're screwed!"
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

JumperPrime wrote:
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:Wow not bad of a ep, even tho it was mostly talking.

holy **ck on a sandwhich Chiaki went Hyper and used Kyouryuumaru! Colors still clash just like Hyper ShinkenGold, but still its awesome. Kinda strange tho that he's the only one that didn't get to use the Inrou at least twice like Mako and Kotoha (Ryuu used it pleanty).

Kaoru adopting Takeru was funny, Genta over reacted when bowing imo.

And the Sukima sensor, where does it get all those sticks?? LOL

looks like its gonna be a epic one.....*prepares to cry next week* :cry:
Where does it get all those sticks? Obviously the Kuroko periodically refill it. Can't have a sensor of that design only able to hold one stick at a time. If there's two attacks within moments of each other, the second one wouldn't get a location readout. Thus the sensor is set up like a dispenser to etch the location of the latest attack on a chopstick, spit it out to be read by Jii, then another chopstick drops into position, ready for the next alert. Of course, as we saw, numerous crevices spraying Sanzu River water simultaneously overloaded the poor thing and made it pop open from trying to report so many alerts at once, dumping its entire supply of chopsticks on the floor to report that, as an earlier poster noted, "We're screwed!"
The only flaw is that they keep coming out out even after it should have emptied.
ImageImage
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow the bad guys really thought out their strategy for bringing back Doukoku, & making it so he'd be able to survive the sealing character. Loved the scene with Doukoku & Shitari honoring the memory of Tayuu and not really having any words to say since it's apparently a foriegn concept to them. Kaoru adopting Takeru was a very nice surprise & a nice way to resolve the conflict that came about with Kaoru's return, though i'm abit disappointed that she's not fighting in the final battle.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Poor sensor. :(
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

JumperPrime wrote:Where does it get all those sticks? Obviously the Kuroko periodically refill it. Can't have a sensor of that design only able to hold one stick at a time. If there's two attacks within moments of each other, the second one wouldn't get a location readout. Thus the sensor is set up like a dispenser to etch the location of the latest attack on a chopstick, spit it out to be read by Jii, then another chopstick drops into position, ready for the next alert. Of course, as we saw, numerous crevices spraying Sanzu River water simultaneously overloaded the poor thing and made it pop open from trying to report so many alerts at once, dumping its entire supply of chopsticks on the floor to report that, as an earlier poster noted, "We're screwed!"
Actually it seems to be designed after a type of fortune telling device they have in Japan. I encountered it while I visited, it looks like the container and it's filled with a bunch of sticks. You shake it until one starts to slide out the hole in the top. That stick has a number which tells you which fortune sheet to read. So in this case, it's just got a bunch of sticks in it and the one that tells them where the Gedoushuu are attacking pops out by magic Mojikara.

Anyway. I like their solution to the ShinkenRed dilemma, though I wish we could've seen both ShinkenReds on the battlefield at once. That would be totally epic. Adopting Takeru is funny, since it drives Tanba so crazy (then again, what doesn't). Seeing Super ShinkenBlue and ShinkenGreen wielding the Kyouryuu Origami was coolness. Tayuu giving up her life was sad, but not out of character. Both she and Doukoku knew she wasn't the person (Gedoushuu?) he had been attracted to. Plus it gave him plot immunity, rendering the sealing character moot. Speaking of the sealing character, what was it? And did anybody else think Takeru was going to henshin when he started writing Smoke? For a second I thought it was his true mojikara showing through and we were going to see a ShinkenGray kick ass or something.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Drago11 wrote: And did anybody else think Takeru was going to henshin when he started writing Smoke? For a second I thought it was his true mojikara showing through and we were going to see a ShinkenGray kick ass or something.
I totally did. Got all excited too. "Oh man he's not writing Fire! Huh? Smoke?... Ohhh... smoke. Awww..." But I guess running away and living and getting a new mommy is good too. I was expecting a ShinkenBlack personally but with the Lightning Mojkara. For some reason being a Black Shinkenger but using lightning seems really cool to me.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

TG23 wrote:
Drago11 wrote: And did anybody else think Takeru was going to henshin when he started writing Smoke? For a second I thought it was his true mojikara showing through and we were going to see a ShinkenGray kick ass or something.
I totally did. Got all excited too. "Oh man he's not writing Fire! Huh? Smoke?... Ohhh... smoke. Awww..." But I guess running away and living and getting a new mommy is good too. I was expecting a ShinkenBlack personally but with the Lightning Mojkara. For some reason being a Black Shinkenger but using lightning seems really cool to me.
I was hoping also that he was going to turn into a 'grey' ranger also. After all, smoke would have been a perfect element for a 'shadow'.

With Kaoru drawing the sealing, I thought.. man.. this is going to take forever...

I just loved it that she adopted Takeru... I couldn't stop laughing until the end of the episode. It just built up on and on after Tanba complained about having a son older than her, and this totally serious mood with a big smile on his face for his plan for defeating Doukokugan (Okay, maybe my laugh started to get insane after seeing the sensor just kinda dump out and see how 'screwed' they were.)

I'd say this was great balance of drama, humor, and action. I really wonder how the next Sentai will be able to keep up to this high standard.

In one way, this has got to be the best Sentai I've seen. I had thought that Magiranger was good, but this is at least double, maybe even triple better than them.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki

Post by victorstillwater »

I don't know who I like more... Kotoha or Kaoru. Oh well. :P
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Let's see, Kotoha's actress is 17 and Kaoru's actress is 14. So the correct answer is: going to jail
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Nu Uh! Not in Japan!

Well, maybe Kaoru's actress...
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”