Forum rules
Wiki Link
Gokaimomotaro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

What anime are you watching?

Post by Gokaimomotaro »

Im watching delicious party pre cure and kenko bancho otome
Gokai avatar change! GOKAIMOMOTARO!!!! Gokaimomotaro.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: What anime are you watching?

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I recently watched the first episode of Komi-san wa Comyushou desu season 2 and I also started somewhat watching Koi wa sekai seifuku no ato de. I'm watching the latter only by skimming through the episodes. I don't pay attention to the scenes I don't care about. I got into it thinking it's a Sentai parody (which it is in a way), but it only focuses on the villain general and Red ranger's romance, which I don't find interesting. So whenever there's a part involving the Sentai team, I stop and watch it.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:46 am I recently watched the first episode of Komi-san wa Comyushou desu season 2 and I also started somewhat watching Koi wa sekai seifuku no ato de. I'm watching the latter only by skimming through the episodes. I don't pay attention to the scenes I don't care about. I got into it thinking it's a Sentai parody (which it is in a way), but it only focuses on the villain general and Red ranger's romance, which I don't find interesting. So whenever there's a part involving the Sentai team, I stop and watch it.
I love the Komi-san manga. I tried to watch the Netflix version, but their subtitle translations annoyed me enough to stop. Maybe I'll see if there's a fansubber out there who's doing the series, the way I switched to gjm for Spy x Family
Kamen_Rider_Chojin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by Kamen_Rider_Chojin »

Delicious Party Pretty Cure

Been pretty good so far and hopefully get better later on. Just hoping it doesn't mess up during its second half like Tropical-Rouge did.

Digimon Ghost Game

Bit of a slow burn but it has its moments with some episodes. Could with picking up the pace in terms of the writing of the overall series plot.

Spriggan(2022)

Just finished watching this on Netflix and was surprised with how solid it was. Really liked the mix of 2D and CG animation and the voice acting for the English dub was too notch. Hope this gets a second season.

Bastard ~Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy~

Just started watching this today and two episodes in I'm already hooked. Never seen the previous adaptation but I do so after watching this. Action scenes are violent and badass looking, character designs are look neat and so far the voice acting for the English dub is really good.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki

A harmless slice of comedy about female ninjas from the creator of Teasing Master Takagi-san. It has some funny moments thanks to its decent writing. Also the animation is pretty good too.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2.

The first season was a pretty good with an interesting premise of a demon girl befriending a magical girl and it was good this got a second one. Still has the same comedic writing as Season 1 and good animation to boot. Can recommend if you need a slice of life recommendation.

We Are Pretty Cure: Max Heart

Currently marathoning every Pretty Cure prior to Tropical-Rouge and from what I've seen of Max Heart it's just as good as the first in terms of writing and animation.

Tokyo Mew Mew

Another series I'm marathoning through to ready myself for Tokyo Mew Mew New. Like the plot and its characters. Can't believe it took me this long to getting to watching series. And I'm watching this one subbed as the English dub was done by 4Kids that not only changed character names, replaced the soundtrack and censored various things but it only did the first half of the series. Getting close the end and liking every bit of it.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!

Technically rewatching this one and still really like this series. The writing is solid with great animation and voice acting. Easily one of director Masaaki Yuasa's best works and really hope this gets an English dub.

Gonna wait for the dub of Komi Can't Communicate Season 2 to arrive before I start watching it. Seen season 1 and really enjoyed it so I can't wait to give the second season a watch. ...Yes, I watch dubs aswell as subs for anime. If the dub is uncut I'll give it a watch.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 am I love the Komi-san manga. I tried to watch the Netflix version, but their subtitle translations annoyed me enough to stop. Maybe I'll see if there's a fansubber out there who's doing the series, the way I switched to gjm for Spy x Family
I'm surprised to know that subtitles matter to you when you watch anime... Can't you just turn off the subtitles while watching on Netflix? And what part of the translation annoyed you exactly?

I watch the Komi-san with fansubs from Nyaa. Maybe you can try one of those out? I'm wondering how many seasons the anime version of it will have. When I started watching it, I didn't expect the second season would come out this soon, and neither did I expect myself to stick around for season 2.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 am I love the Komi-san manga. I tried to watch the Netflix version, but their subtitle translations annoyed me enough to stop. Maybe I'll see if there's a fansubber out there who's doing the series, the way I switched to gjm for Spy x Family
I really wish for OLM to produce more Komi Can't Communicate through Year 2/Season 3 since the teases of new characters in the background.

By the way takenoko, have you read the manga all the way to the latest?

Anyway, I've watched the following animes as of this post:

- Attack on Titan (all the way to the final season and still waiting for the conclusion in 2023.)

- Horimiya (A shounen anime has some wholesome, funny and dramatic moments about those two classmates and how their interaction changes their lives for the better. 8/10)

- Komi Can't Communicate (Ngl, this manga/anime has some very very cute and wholesome moments. I love all the characters especially Komi friends and classmates from Class 1-1. I even watched two seasons of the anime (despite the flaws of animation on S2E10-11) 10/10. I watched the first episode of the live action series but I don't watch the rest since its story and characters are different from manga/anime.)

- My Dress-Up Darling (Basically, the love story is about a gyaru who is a cosplayer and a boy who is a craftsmen and loves hina dolls. It has some very wholesome moments, cosplay stuff, ecchi moments, etc. I can say it's one of the best winter anime of 2022. 10/10 and I wish for Square Enix/CloverWorks to produce more anime but they adapted like almost half of the manga.

- Spy x Family (NGL Anya is sooooo cute. Definitely a watch. And yes, I'm waiting for the second half of the season on October 2022.)

- Kaguya-sama Love is War (I watched it all the way to Ultra Romantic finale last week and it's not just about two top honors like Kaguya (vice prez) and Miyuki (prez). Seeing the trending related to the
Spoiler
the touching confession and kiss scene
during Ultra Romantic finale made me wanna watch the whole anime.
warning: shipping
I shipped not only Kaguya/Prez but Ishigami/Iino as well.
By the way, Koga Aoi (古賀 葵) is the voice of Kaguya-sama and Komi-san.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>y the way takenoko, have you read the manga all the way to the latest?

I'm a little behind on the manga I think. It's on order

>- Horimiya (A shounen anime has some wholesome, funny and dramatic moments about those two classmates and how their interaction changes their lives for the better. 8/10)

It's cute! I'm reading that manga too and think I'm caught up

- My Dress-Up Darling (Basically, the love story is about a gyaru who is a cosplayer and a boy who is a craftsmen and loves hina dolls. It has some very wholesome moments, cosplay stuff, ecchi moments, etc. I can say it's one of the best winter anime of 2022. 10/10 and I wish for Square Enix/CloverWorks to produce more anime but they adapted like almost half of the manga.

I like what I've read of this one too. Looking forward to when we can get some more at the library

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”