< Fourze | Wizard | Gaim >
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Super Hero Taisen Z released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... o_Taisen_Z

Color me pleasantly surprised, I was really expecting this movie to be more like the first Super Hero Taisen, but it actually is more of the antithesis of the first, but in a good way. The effects and explosions are still awesome, but instead of focusing on a clusterfuck of heroes and actors, they actually had *gasp* a decent plot and intriguing storyline. They still had the problem of popping around here and there and following 6 different people, but it was much better done than the first one.

My thoughts upon seeing the movie:

Oh good, we're starting out with butt humor. That always bodes well. Bit of a start like the first show, people attacking each other for no good reason and not explaining anything to the audience. Joy.

Definite problem with Gavan is that the suit's too damn shiny so you can see the cameramen in it. So they have to blur that out and the end result just looks awkward in HD. But who cares about that KENJI OHBA YAYAAYAYAAAY this movie just became 300% more awesome.

How many times are Shocker going to be revived? It's just getting silly. I'd much rather have had Organization X be the villains this time. At least they updated the Shocker costumes somewhat. And added a fat Shocker. Because obesity is funny!

Oh Nossan, I can't believe you didn't go for a "Maji ka?" joke. Shame on you. And Daigo, what the hell?! Don't attack a potential ally! What's wrong with you?! Doesn't matter anyway because hi Gai! Get tired of being a Makai Knight already?

Speaking of Gai, I know he has encyclopedic knowledge of Super Sentai, but Kamen Rider too? And Metal Heroes? Now you're just going to give the people who try to place these movies/shows in different universes a headache.

Oh god, that villain's costume. I've seen better makeup on cosplayers. You couldn't make the damn thing blend into his forehead at all? It just looks like a really awkward hat.

Hi Skydain, hi Groundain, glad to see that huuuuge explodey death wasn't permanent.

THANK YOU GAI. You've done what I've wanted to do to Gai for the past 2 episodes and 1.5 movies... punch him full in the face. Oh, thank you Gou too! Man, it must be my birthday.

Kotoha KITAAAAAAAAAAA. I think we were all waiting for this to happen. XD

Interesting thing in the big battle scene, for the first time ever, I think they didn't bother to get Momotaro's original voice actor. Guess Den-O's finally finished thank god.

I'm calling it now, J stole the movie. That was just awesome. If I had been drinking soda there would have been a lot of cleaning to do.

Overall, pretty solid movie. I liked it way more than the original, and if they keep up with this kind of quality, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing a new SHT movie every year.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Super Hero Taisen Z

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's a pretty good movie and is focused on Geki (Gavan), Gai (GokaiSilver) and Youko (Yellow Buster). But how could Gknows the other heroes such as Kamen Rider and Metal Heroes??? So the true fictional antagonists are the Space Shocker and Space Crime Syndicate Madou (of the original series of Sharivan).

Their fight between Haruto and Daigo was pretty BRAVE... until Gai shows up. That's funny.
Hanaori Kotoha (ShinkenYellow) appears before Shelly... kitaaa!!! The only ranger that makes me funny... was Beet J Stag (not in battle) in front of KR Beast. LOLz :lol:

What an epic scene of the 2010s Super Heroes (from Gokai-Kouryuu and OOO-Wizard) eh? Fought against Raider and Shadowmoon. About Raider, his English speaking was so DUMB. That Sanagiman (Inazuman)... doing the explicit thing at Space Kumo Otoko? Nope and I do not re-watch that thing.

The very sad moment of the movie was Youko... whose Psycholon was damaged and died... makes her cry... literally. It's pretty sad for me even if I watch the other shows.

Talking about the staff, why only the JAE CEO Kaneda Osamu directs the movie?

And of course, I notice that the casts of this movie are voicing the other heroes.
- Gai/GokaiSilver as KR Meteor
- Hiromu/Red Buster as KR Decade
- Inazuman as GekiRed
Too many voice actors and I can't mention the other heroes.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Starting your children's movie with naked old man butts, oh Japan.

I didn't think Usada could make it that far into the forest, but I guess that jump proves that he's more mobile than I thought!

What? Why Kotoha? And if it had to be her (instead of Jasmine) why not use her in a spot where she's not meeting Shelly? And since does meet Shelly, why aren't they commenting on how they look exactly the same?! There are so many problems with that scene!

Nice touch, remembering that Fourze doesn't know Sanagiman/Inazuman yet.

Oh J, you're still the best.

I still don't like the battle orgies. It was fine in Wizard 53 since it was just Riders versus Rider monsters, and you could see their individual fighting styles. In this, it's just random hero punching/kicking random monster. Maybe it's just me not being observant, but it didn't seem like any of the random guys who showed up had their individual fighting styles captured except for when it came to finishers.

Overall, a much better movie than Super Hero Time, simply because there's an actual story this time. I like Youko, but I wish they gave her more to do than mother a tiny ball the whole movie. What happened to Wizard for the middle part of the movie? Geki, you're still the biggest idiot in the world. I mean, the best part of Geki is when he tries to redeem himself, but that's only because he starts off as the biggest jerk of a hero every time.

Knowing that Raider was played by Kagami's dad suddenly makes that performance make a lot more sense

Please don't make another Super Hero Taisen. Put the money into making more net movies, since those are the best.

Image And have some Kotoha for no reason
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just for fun, let's count all the ways in which Geki is an idiot

-Attacks Wizard unprovoked.
*Gets himself fired from the Space Sheriffs. Actually, let's do a bonus counter for Space Sheriffs being idiots in general
-Shelly says this isn't the first time he got fired, so at least we know Geki screwed up before in other ways.
*Space Sheriffs screw up investigation. Conclude Wizard and Beast are behind the magic circles since maaaagic~ Decide to have them eliminated despite having no evidence that they're related.
-Acts like a jerk to Wizard before apologizing.
-Tries to transform despite knowing he's not a Space Sheriff anymore.
-Gets into a superhuman battle without his armor, nearly gets killed doing so.
-Despite Sharivan seeing the Genmu Castle and realizing what's going on, Geki goes in, alone, no armor.
-But before that he tells Gai to buzz off from the investigation, saying it's Space Sheriff business. Gai ends up savings Geki's ass anyway.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Dear Toei,

I request you stop making these clusterfuck of teamups because having too many heroes is a bad thing. If you want to do a KR X SS X MH team-up, do it on a smaller scale and limit it to the most recent entries. That way the story won't suffer from trying to fit all these people in and having the recent entries disappear. Maybe take a year or two before starting up again.

Thank you

PS Please stop with the massive Precure teamups as well. Do it like the SS VS which work very well. Remember less is more.

With that out of the way, yeah still not a fan of the massive team orgy concept. It's rather obvious that Wizard and Kyouryuuger had so little screentime since they were working their series at the time. It seemed that Nitou had a bit more screentime than Haruto did. I would rather have Koyomi had Youko's subplot with Psykoron because it made Youko look like needing protection throughout the entire movie. The bathhouse scene to me reminds me of this one anime where a Roman is transported to the modern day Japan via a bathhouse. I think Gokai VS Gavan did the whole look alike thing with Retsu so much better than Shelly and Kotoha did.

J is still covering people to this day. I wouldn't mind if he show up in every movie to cover someone up.

What was with Kikadier after the credits? Are they going to do something with him in the future at some point?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:Just for fun, let's count all the ways in which Geki is an idiot
At least he was like "I'm sure there's more than meets the eye. Lemme go investigate before jumping to conclusions that Wizard/Beast are bad guys." and he was willing to give up being a space sheriff because of his conviction.

Also, how many times are they reviving Shadowmoon?!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sure, he does have his moments. It is kind of funny how the Space Sheriffs are given the role of conflict provider in this movie. They are the cause of so many problems for the other heroes. I can't help but wonder if Ohba Kenji was like "Wait, I play a hero. Would my character really be this outlandishly dickish?"
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This was undeniably an improvement over SHT. As others have said, the plot wasn’t too contrived this time (although the Space Sheriffs assuming everything was Wizard and Beast's fault flirted with the line of believability). I think the problem this time was execution - they tried to do avoid overdoing things (good, especially when it came to the veteran sentai and Riders in battle scenes), but in other respects they didn’t go far enough (somewhat bland dialogue, not enough or oddly placed screen time, etc.).

Still, the writers get kudos for grouping the teams together based on their themes. The "beast" or "wild" warriors back up Beast, and the space warriors (and Decade) back up the Space Sheriff. And like a homing beacon, lines about covering people up summons J.

The glue to this movie, for me, was Gai. If I didn't like the character as much as I do, I think this movie could have been painful to sit through. Geki...I tolerated. I still don't really like the character, but he served his purpose in this movie very well. I wish Youko had gotten a little more variety in her dialogue, but it was good for her to get a chunk of screen time. I especially liked that she was the only Buster that used her mecha since she got knocked out of hers in SHT and replaced by Fourze...even if she did eventually get knocked out of it again.

One other note about Youko: when she ran into Geki and Gai, I knew she had met Gai before, but I completely forgot that she knew Geki too. I had tried very hard to block the crossover episodes of Go-Busters from my memory, and evidently I succeeded.
Lunagel wrote:Speaking of Gai, I know he has encyclopedic knowledge of Super Sentai, but Kamen Rider too? And Metal Heroes? Now you're just going to give the people who try to place these movies/shows in different universes a headache.
Well, Gai got to spend most of SHT in the wavy-Decade-wall dimension with all the other not-dead heroes, so I figure that he spent that time learning all about Riders. I initially blanked on how he knows about Metal Heroes, but then I realized that that explanation is actually easier, since the Gokaigers had their crossover movie with Gavan. I can see that being enough to make him do some research on other Space Sheriffs. Or annoy Ohba Kenji until he explained about Metal Heroes.

Speaking of the Metal Heroes, instead of having Gavan go "Here, use Metal Hero Keys!", I feel like it would have been a lot more meaningful if he said or implied they were created for the Gokaigers because of original Gavan's exposure to the Gokaigers during the events of Gokaiger v. Gavan. It wouldn't have needed much time or effort - just one or two more lines of dialogue.
takenoko wrote:What happened to Wizard for the middle part of the movie?
Yeah, the pacing still had problems. The Kyouryuugers really weren’t in the movie much aside from using their mecha against the big bad at the end, and I remember thinking to myself “Gosh, Haruto’s been gone for a really long time” right before he popped back in to blast the castle on his dragon.

I feel like they're getting closer to figuring out a workable formula for these franchise cross-overs. I wouldn't be opposed to another installment in this movie "series" if they continue improve on what works and shed what bogs the movies down.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

We are brothers jouchaku Music Video

Post by takenoko »

I have to admit that I don't like the theme song as much this time around. Last year's was much more catchy, and the visual of the boy turning into a sad old man set up a mini story arc.

Shockers setting up a band was mildly amusing, but the singers standing in front of their mics was super boring. It also was harder for me to tell who was who this time, mostly because it was hard to care about a bunch of people in a recording studio standing around.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Re: Super Hero Taisen Z released

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

another Rider War? how many times has it been now? There's the first one with DCD, then the Sengoku War for Gaim, and now this Kamen Rider War *feat* Super Sentai? Why is SS even involved in their war? xD
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

:T I would have liked the last movie better if they treated it like a Super Sentai Vs 'cept with Gokaiger and Decade.

In fact I wouldn't mind seeing a Kamen Rider vs Super Sentai movie every year, if it was just with one Sentai team and one Rider series.

-Sighs.- The download is taking a while. v _v
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I stopped the seeding for Gaim and Gouraigan, so hopefully more of the bandwidth goes into SHTZ.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I liked this movie a lot, considering the type of movie it is anyway.

Never really watched Gokaiger, so can anyone tell me this? Is Gokai Silver some kind of ascended fanboy or something?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I was beginning to think you guys had forgotten about this. I actually enjoyed this more than the last one, though that may be because I've not seen Decade so he and Diend were total strangers to be in the last movie. At least the plot made sense this time. I never understood the whole "let's pretend to kill each-other" thing.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

A happy birthday indeed, thanks fir the great present.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”