Ninninger 07 sanjou! It's a Ninja Festival!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 07 sanjou! It's a Ninja Festival!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_07

That was quite fun. The nostalgia factor balanced well with the actual telling of a Ninninger story. Also, the fact that they had guests seemed to have calmed down the factors of the Ninningers that can be kind of annoying.

I just like the Kakuranger theme song. That's just unbeatable.

Yousuke and Sasuke are giants compared to the Ninningers. Are actors shrinking?

The character interaction stuff was actually kind of good. We get a nice brother sister moment here.

And the hint that AkaRanger just hangs around and watches over the younger Sentai teams is kind of a nice nod too. Although, I kind of feel like that's more of a job for AkaRed.

Thanks to Petrkr and zeldAis for their typesetting.
DaVinci030
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
2nd Favorite Series: 海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー
Favorite Actor?: 小宮有紗
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: 日本語と特撮です。

Re: Ninninger 07 sanjou! It's a Ninja Festival!

Post by DaVinci030 »

Sounds like it's a GOOD NIN NIN episode to me.

Bunshin no Jutsu is my favorite ninja techniques. I like it.

Edit: Well it's the 40th birthday of Super Sentai last week. I wonder if AkaRed will appear again in 2016.
Spoiler
SCHOOL GIRL FUUKA and his CLASSMATE NAGI next week?!!!

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

Are we getting hints about Izayoi's past? He knows about the Finishing Shuriken. And he addresses NinjaRed and HurricaneRed as ninja sempai.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I guess it really came down to filming limitations for our Ninja-sempai, but the brief Takaharu death plot point would've held a loooot more weight if it stretched into the next episode (since Nekomata comes back anyway). As it is we have 0 time for anything to sink in before he comes back.

Was nice seeing Akaranger, even though AkaRed would've made more sense, yeah. I'm glad he called out Yousuke and Sasuke, because at least for Hurricanger (I haven't seen any of Kaku), it's not like they were super serious!!

Anyway was that like, a flamenco rendition of the Kakuranger theme at one point?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man I love the Kakuranger theme song. I've only seen like half an episode when i was watching some Toei channel in Tokyo once, but that theme song is like the catchiest song to come out of the Sentai series.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

It’s a shame the scheduling issues caused this episode to get bumped back a week from its intended airing spot.

The ninja nostalgia factors were lots of fun. I loved that we got authentic sound effects, visual effects, and BGMs for the older series. I had to run to the wiki to check, but I was so happy to see that they worked out the filming schedules with Kamen Rider enough that Takaiwa Seiji was able to suit up as Ninja Red again.

As for the current team, it was kind of hilarious that we’ve got the leaders from the other two (ninja) sentai series pointing out that this sentai is very un-ninja like by being so flashy. I did want to smack the screen a couple times to point out that that these kids have barely gotten their series started, hence why they still have a long way to go.

If they were trying to change the future/past, I wonder why Sasuke and Yousuke didn’t try to change Takaharu’s grade since they knew from the burnt remains of the report card what he scored the first time.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Maybe its just me but i thought the ninja sempais came off rather jerkish. I kind of agree with kasumi about using a grade to keep Takaharu in the dojo being forced. Other than that it was a good episode in the adventures of the not-so-stealthly ninjas.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Are wa, NAN-NANJA? NA-NJA NA-ANJA!? NIN-NINJA NIN NINJA! (NIN NINJA!)

... Sorry I am also a fan of Kakuranger's opening. It was a fun reminder I had forgotten, that the other Ninja team's catchphrases were about being in the darkness and not being seen. Also it was interesting to have them just kind of, be there, as oppose to a 'full' cross over with the whole teams.

"Hey, that's my shuriken!" ah, right... had also forgot the long running history, of not at all shuriken looking shurikens... *looks over at Yellow Ninja*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Man this was a BAAAAAD episode to be a henchman , those guys have a union right ? because the abuse was over the top
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:Are we getting hints about Izayoi's past? He knows about the Finishing Shuriken. And he addresses NinjaRed and HurricaneRed as ninja sempai.
the shuriken knowledge may be a hint, but I think the "ninja senpai" thing was just acknowledging that they were older ninjas than the Ninningers.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Tsukishima Alpaca! I'd recognize that wimpy voice anywhere.

This wasn't a fantastic episode, but there are so many ways that it could go wrong that it didn't, so in the end it was a good episode. We got a team-up (ish) episode without the over the top action, and it actually had some relevance to the overall plot. Plus as takenoko notes, more screen time for the guests means less of Takaharu yelling, and that's always a plus.

The cat monster costume has to be one of the least practical MOTW costumes in quite some time though. Even though it's not a real display, that costume looks incredibly immobile, so I'm actually a bit impressed they were able to do as much fighting with it as they did.
Yousuke and Sasuke are giants compared to the Ninningers. Are actors shrinking?
Takaharu seems to be the same size. Otherwise yeah, the others were all shorter.
robinosuke
Shinobi
Shinobi
Favorite series: Kakuranger, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger, Garo,KR W
Dreamy: ♥Yayoi & Rian ♥
Favorite Band: JAMProject,Project R
Quote: Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, Nanika wo sutenakya~
-Basco ta Jolokia

Post by robinosuke »

I can't avoid this thread since I REALLY LOVE KAKURANGER.

I commend the production for the use of classic BGMs during the Sempai Scenes. From their appearance to the henshin scene up to "Grand power" usage. datfeels.. Very Nostalgic..

I just hoped this'll give some Gokaiger-esque moment, that the strength of the sempai ninjas were honored by the younger ones and this will revved their potentials. Just like the Hurricane-Gokai team-up. All of the rangers were used in different fighting scenes. Contrast to this crossover, the remaining four were left behind, Takaharu's showing off, while the Veterans are keeping up (and trying to discipline him). Even the foot soldiers were absent. lol

But maybe due to Sasuke and Yousuke,are aware of Taka's "apparent death", they can't go wild earlier. But overall, the ep was still epic. Hope that we could see more of these sempais in the future.
Last edited by robinosuke on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It makes sense to me that Akaranger would show up instead of Akared since it's the 40 anniversary of Goranger airing for the first time.

I definitely approve of the lower key crossover of the ninjas. Toei still could do an all ninja crossover for the VS as well and probably screwing the Toqgers like the all dino one screwed the Go-Busters though. Sometimes smaller is necessary better in this case but it's still Takaharu and the other four lackeys.
megamanx132
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Kiva
Quote: All those who lay eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it.

Post by megamanx132 »

So all three of the Ninja Sentai teams were/are comedy type teams right? So why are the ones in this episode serious?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

AkaRanger points that out at the end, actually. They're just playing the part as their sempai teachers.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”