My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber Spin-Off: Slash & Buster released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki
Kenzan >

Title: AKA Saber episode 8.5

Felt okay. At under 9 minutes, it doesn't overstay it's welcome, and I do genuinely like Buster and Daishinji (Slash not so much)

As usual, I just wonder why they can't just lengthen out the storyline and pace it better. It's like they're in such a mad dash to introduce all the crap and hit a first story beat that it really made the first 9 episodes suffer. Was there really no way of organically having this be a part of the main series?

Wait, so Ogami-san has always looked that way even 15 years ago? And why does Daishinji-san look like he's eternally young? Are swordsmen particularly longlived or are we just being super lazy about finding actors to play younger versions?

At least we learn that previous Saber was named Kamijou. Kamijou and Kamiyama, hmmm...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Saber Spin-Off: Slash & Buster released

Post by Catastrophe »

They did this a lot with Ghost as well, so it makes sense we get something like this early on given the writer.
cymax
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by cymax »

Is it so that there is not a SD version? The 8pointfive with the SD torrent is the 720 version.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

This was nice. Established the friendship between Slash and Buster in a short, sweet, and to the point way. Hope the others follow suit.

So Slash is apparently around the same age as Buster. That's weird to think about considering his actor is a month younger than me.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

cymax wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:29 pm Is it so that there is not a SD version? The 8pointfive with the SD torrent is the 720 version.
Oh, I didn't think about that. I figured it wouldn't be too big so I just did the 720 since that's as high as it goes qualitywise anyway

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”