Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Rescue Fire 24 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ukaen powers up! Oh crap.

Spoiler
I guess seeing Ritsuka hurt made Tatsuya go insane in beating the Jakaen that he was willing to sacrifice civilians in the cross-fire. I'm glad that there's some sort of permission system left in for the Final Rescues as using them without the permission system could be overkill which it is.

It was a bit funny that Ukaen didn't want the power up after hearing that it might destroy him and got it because Sakaen and Chukaen puss out more quickly than he did. Typical villains who want the easy way out.

Why does the previews seem that we supposed to know who the professor is? I don't remember him from Rescue Force and probably feel stupid once they reveal who the professor is. I find it interesting that the assistant holds a blue version of the Jakaen flame orb.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rescue Fire 24 released

Post by takenoko »

The first part was kind of ??? with the professor doing all those crazy moves. Asuka having a pendant reminded me of JustiRiser

I think this episode is a good example of why I feel Rescue Fire is a fun show, but kind of has a weak main character. I get that Tatsuya is supposed to be a reckless fireball type, but I dunno. I just don't feel moved by him the way I like the other characters in the series.

To highlight this, don't you guys think that swapping Tsubasa for Tatsuya and having Tsubasa flip out would have made for a more compelling drama?

Kind of wish powered up Ukaen had a change in costume
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Now that you mentioned it, it would. Tsubasa seeing his love interest being injured by the Jakaen Bomber would immediately make him do something very stupid. Tatsuya is the smiling fool so he fits the main character bill somewhat.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I still think the episode robbed them from killing the 3 generals. They first freeze them, then use the car to blow them up. Just throw them in the air, then blow them up. What danger was it to the people. Not to mention how the thousands of people magically surviving that nuclear bomb esque explosion. Plus, the suits seem way too strong. Even after all those direct hits, Fire 1 never powered down or the suit showed any kind of damage. Why did the monster have to leave? That seemed like a cop out.
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

If only all archeologists had crazy moves such as this one.

I don't know, my problem is that it's hard for me to believe that Tatsuya all of a sudden forgot what the purpose of Rescue Fire is. I can understand him losing his composure and trying to commit overkill, but his constant "I don't know/understand" afterward didn't seem to fit his character.

Hah, Tatsuya stole the kid's ball at the end.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

archer9234 wrote:I still think the episode robbed them from killing the 3 generals. They first freeze them, then use the car to blow them up. Just throw them in the air, then blow them up. What danger was it to the people. Not to mention how the thousands of people magically surviving that nuclear bomb esque explosion. Plus, the suits seem way too strong. Even after all those direct hits, Fire 1 never powered down or the suit showed any kind of damage. Why did the monster have to leave? That seemed like a cop out.
It is still a show aimed towards little kids so the storyline is heavily influenced by this audience. The writers knew little kids would have cheered if the 3 Jakaen commanders were eliminated and used this expectation to present a lesson. Having no casualties from Ukaen's powered up attack is simply a concession to helicopter parents. This isn't super sentai so expectations about getting hurt don't have to apply. People can still get hurt even if the protective gear shows no damage. Football players get hurt all the time but their uniforms don't show it. We still don't completely understand how Ukaen's new power works so it is hard to determine why KachuuEn left. All we know for sure is that Ukaen doesn't need to find a source of fire to create a Flame Demon.

To me, Tatsuya is not only hot-headed but dense as well. Taiga spends a lot of time trying to teach him that he can't always act without thinking. This might explain his slow development as a character and thus lack of appeal beyond someone little kids can relate to. Usually in toku, these characters manage to save the day through the strength of their conviction. It seemed like Tatsuya would follow this trope as well. Before this episode, the only time Tatsuya's behavior caused big trouble happened when Rescue Striker was severely damaged. After that, he has enjoyed a long string of victories. Maybe Tatsuya lost sight of his primary responsibility because his winning streak made him overconfident.

The strange part for me, with respect to the storyline, had to be the little kid conveniently showing up at the bridge where Tatsuya was with the soccer ball in tow.

I'm excited to see that a story arc is starting now that the Sky Team has returned from New York. I wonder if there will be any references to Ryukendo since the archaeologist came across that dragon thing in the ruins.

The weird electric spoon the archaeologist used to stir his coffee was so random.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

SS and KR are also aimed at kids. But they don't treat them any different to a regular person. Look at Go-onger. The most kid friendly SS recently. They killed off Go-On red for 3 episodes. It was dramatic in it's own right, if you ignore the poor revival part. Complaints are still complaints. There's too many convenient things, in this episode, to swallow.
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Qusuke should have just let him blast all three of them. At least one would have been destroyed. If any humans died, it's because they jumped in the way. Period.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

loved this episode, it was really dramatic. The professor doing those moves was really weird but awesome. Ukaen really did a lot in this episode. He destroyed a whole part of the city in just one raise of his sword. Let's see what happens next episode, it should be interesting.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This episode was kind of a dud for me, maybe the dullest in the series so far. There was nothing terribly offensive about it, but lots of little things that prevented me from enjoying it.

First, I felt stupid for not knowing who those people are. I'd be okay if they were just "mysterious people" for now, but the writing made it seem like they're existing characters that just haven't been seen in a while.

(I swear that was a Ryukendo dragon in the pyramid.)

Tatsuya was working on my last nerve. I don't know why it bothered me so much all of a sudden, but I had no patience for the "brash, hot-headed leader" character type in this episode. I think part of it was that I was surprised that Tatsuya lost sight of his primary objective and was so obtuse about remembering the "rescue" part of "rescue fire". I might have been able to buy into it if they changed the set-up, but Tatsuya was always the member of the team that went out of his way to rescue people. For him to forget the importance of rescuing others felt like a mockery of his character.

I was a little surprised that Ukaen picked the same museum to attack twice in one episode. It was probably just for the convenience of filming, but that felt strange. At least that really was a power-up - he leveled a city block with little effort when he couldn't even summon fire before.

Seriously kid, no matter how important the ball is, why would you go running toward the monsters powering up an attack...and then just stand there?

Finally, I'm going through Sky Team withdrawal (even if I do have to keep calling them "Wings" and then correcting myself). I want to see them for more than just suit acting!

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”