KRW 48 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Zefonse
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Bleach
Favorite Band: skillet
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Rider kick
Quote: This is My Pride, My love, My Anger, and all my sorrow....... RIDER KICK!

Re: KRW 48 released

Post by Zefonse »

m4rc0 wrote:"He didn't hope he could save her he knew he could."

That doesn't make any sense. You don't know anything about the future. You can just expect things to happen, which is hope. Utopia drew powers from things people wanted to accomplish. And he wanted to save Wakana. We see that with Phil, that was dying and determined to save his sister and gave Utopia so much power that it couldn't handle.

"It's not that he just figured out how to beat it."

Yes, it's that. The show states that he needs a specific physiology to beat Terror, like Terui had, but Shota didn't. The show creates an internal logic and breaks it. We saw that Shota was affected by old, which had the same kind of attack, as stated in the show. The show didn't need to state those facts, and if it didn't had, it wouldn't have the need to contradict itself. But it did state them that and it did contradict itself.

"You beat fear by determination."

Tell that to the people that have severe phobias and need medicine and years of treatment.

"What do you think the lamentations of the earth would feel like when the earth has lived through strife, disastrous, and deaths of many living things?"

The earth isn't a living being, and is not sentient. It doesn't have lamentations.

And the fact that I know that in the show it somehow has lamentations in the show and that Wakana can hear ir, doesn't mean I can relate with that emotionally. I wasn't the only one that thought that scene was weak.

I think the one that needs to think is you. You are forgetting logic while trying to justify the fact that the show contradics itself.

A few words Kamen riders are pure bad ass they never get up,

Random Kuuga Spoiler
Spoiler
did kuuga give up when his belt broke no he punched his foe to death,

Agito Spoiler
Spoiler
did agito give up no he rider kicked a god

End of Blade Spoiler
Spoiler
did Blade give a good reason he was turning joker(i belive so cant qutie remeber) whats he do he becomes the bad ass freind

Hibiki Spoiler
Spoiler
did Hibiki give up after his poweres were taken no he got them back

Kabuto Spoiler
Spoiler
did Kabuto give up never,

Den-O Spoiler
Spoiler
did Den-O break the time line so many times it went back in place yes

Kiva Spoiler
Spoiler
did Kiva dragon mode made any thing to me it never did

Decade Spoiler
Spoiler
does Decade have a story no

and why the hell should W be like hey im badass but i still fall under your power its bad ass for a reason!
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: You can't give out spoilers from other Rider series like that. I shouldn't be doing this much work to fix your post. You bastard, you forgot Ryuki. Was Ryuki not cool enough for you to watch?
1 2 3 RIDER KICK!!!!!
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

Yeah, and what about Faiz?!? Dissing Ryuki and Faiz like that, nice
Spiegel
Adventure
Favorite series: PGSM
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by Spiegel »

m4rc0 wrote:The earth isn't a living being, and is not sentient. It doesn't have lamentations.
Yeah, and humans don't have belts that transform them into superheroes by combining them with a dead guy that exists as data in a human form, but if you can accept that you should be able to accept that the earth has lamentations, especially since the Gaia theory is nothing new and has been used in fiction countless times. Even if you can't relate to it, it's a valid explanation in the context of the show.

Great episode, but I have a feeling Philip will be back, he died before and didn't stay dead, so why can't he come back again? His body was nothing but data in the first place, so I don't think it would be impossible to reconstruct it somehow. I can't remember the last time Toei killed a genuinely good character for good, they kill villains and anti-heroes, but the good guys always cheat death and come back after their friends cried their eyes out and kicked the villains' asses.
DDRDiesel
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by DDRDiesel »

m4rc0 wrote:"He didn't hope he could save her he knew he could."

That doesn't make any sense. You don't know anything about the future. You can just expect things to happen, which is hope. Utopia drew powers from things people wanted to accomplish. And he wanted to save Wakana. We see that with Phil, that was dying and determined to save his sister and gave Utopia so much power that it couldn't handle.

"It's not that he just figured out how to beat it."

Yes, it's that. The show states that he needs a specific physiology to beat Terror, like Terui had, but Shota didn't. The show creates an internal logic and breaks it. We saw that Shota was affected by old, which had the same kind of attack, as stated in the show. The show didn't need to state those facts, and if it didn't had, it wouldn't have the need to contradict itself. But it did state them that and it did contradict itself.

"You beat fear by determination."

Tell that to the people that have severe phobias and need medicine and years of treatment.

"What do you think the lamentations of the earth would feel like when the earth has lived through strife, disastrous, and deaths of many living things?"

The earth isn't a living being, and is not sentient. It doesn't have lamentations.

And the fact that I know that in the show it somehow has lamentations in the show and that Wakana can hear it, doesn't mean I can relate with that emotionally. I wasn't the only one that thought that scene was weak.

I think the one that needs to think is you. You are forgetting logic while trying to justify the fact that the show contradicts itself.
Not to be mean, but to be hopelessly blunt, you sir, need to stifle. You're arguing about logic when you're talking about a CHILDREN'S show in JAPAN where A GUY WEARS A BELT AND THEN TRANSFORMS INTO A SUPER-HUMAN USING USB DRIVES. Not to mention ordinary people can do things like TURN INTO MOLTEN LAVA OR GIANT ANCIENT BIRDS BY USING THE SAME USB TECHNOLOGIES WITH JUST DIFFERENT NAMES. Also, bold text=errors fixed for spelling. I'm a grammar nazi
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

m4rc0 wrote:The earth isn't a living being, and is not sentient. It doesn't have lamentations.
Usually this is metaphorical, projecting human emotions onto an inanimate being or system to convey meaning. However, this is a story where the entire Earth has actual memories. If it remembers stuff, maybe the Earth has feelings too
Zefonse
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Bleach
Favorite Band: skillet
My boom: Rider kick
Quote: This is My Pride, My love, My Anger, and all my sorrow....... RIDER KICK!

Post by Zefonse »

Triple M wrote:Yeah, and what about Faiz?!? Dissing Ryuki and Faiz like that, nice
i have not seen Faiz or Ryuki yet thats why D< and opps and in my anger i made to many spoliers my bad everyone, i guess i should be careful and wait how is Kabuto a spolier i thought that was a fact i was just typing random O_O

well any ways good ep gret work guys I am now shuting my mouth and my typeing up for now

yes i rant a lot......... to much i might add........ yeah im shuting up now before i say any more spoliers by my fault
1 2 3 RIDER KICK!!!!!
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

Catastrophe wrote:I noticed Shoutarou doesn't have the hat when he saves Wakana, despite putting it back on moments before. Hopefully this is an inconsistency and the bosses hat didn't meet a fiery end.
Biggest plothole... :lol:
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

Y'know, thinking about it, doesn't Utopia work on the whole 'will to live' thing rather than just hope? So, Memory Gadgets wouldn't be affected and given Shotaro's using the 'hard-boiled' hat of his mentor who died, maybe it's just saying that he's willing to die to achieve his mission which'd throw Utopia for a loop. Same logic applies to why Phillip, who's transforming to save his sister even though it means his death, wouldn't be absorbable.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Saeko's last moments stood out for me. It may have played out too quickly for some, but it struck a chord with me. The reasoning behind why she helped Wakana escape aren't clear but that is the best part about it. Even Saeko doesn't completely understand why she did it. It highlights all of the issues that she struggled with.
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

Korcas wrote:Terui's "ability" means nothing to Utopia.
I agree with some of the facts that you've given. And you've stated my idea about the "hat". But as far as I remember, there's a scene where they've said something about Terui's ability that saved him.
Spoiler
How he survived the attack Utopia Dopant given him. Meaning his "ability" is really that nothing.

GraveZero wrote:Y'know, thinking about it, doesn't Utopia work on the whole 'will to live' thing rather than just hope? So, Memory Gadgets wouldn't be affected and given Shotaro's using the 'hard-boiled' hat of his mentor who died, maybe it's just saying that he's willing to die to achieve his mission which'd throw Utopia for a loop. Same logic applies to why Phillip, who's transforming to save his sister even though it means his death, wouldn't be absorbable.
Phillip was over flowing with determination with what Shoutaro did for her sister.
Spoiler
That's why when Utopia tried to drain and absorb Phillip's will, Utopia couldn't handle it.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Honestly if you lack the ability of having a "suspension of belief" you will always question W. The whole premise of W requires this. It's purely plots with powers that don't exist but within the shows boundaries they do.
banban
IXA
Favorite series: KAMEN RIDERs
2nd Favorite Series: SENTAIs, ULTRAMANs
Dreamy: Wakana Matsumoto
Favorite Band: Laruku, AniMetal
My boom: FRUIT/VEGGIE SALAD

Post by banban »

...never thought riding with the devil was this hell of entertaining...and tear-jerking :mrgreen: ...whatta powerful series 8)
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This was a very touching, an extremely manly episode.

The moment the meaning of shroud´s words finally hit shoutarou was jus perfect, and him going mano a mano against utopia was just awesome...no, it was hard-boiled.

Personally i really like episodes when they develop Shoutarou, the series main focus in most episodes is phillip, but episodes like this are really something, that was one of the best aspects of begins night, and i really hope "Kamen Rider W Forever" to be similar in that aspect.

In my opinion Saeko´s death was just perfect, it wasn´t too developed but it was fiting how she wanted nothing but to surpass wakana, and at the end she herself found it ironic that she died protecting the person she "hated", even though she was jealous of her sister, it was her family, and at the very end she cared for her family, the sonozaky family.

The thing with the hat confused me at first, it didn´t make a lot of sense, but after thinking it i realized that Utopia´s power was to turn one´s will to live against them, but it ment nothing against one´s will to die for the sake of others, that was one of the things the boss teached to shoutarou, to put one´s life in the line for their client, and that feeling allowed him and phillip to out math him.

Another thing i really liked was the way they handled the idea of being a "Kamen Rider", the showa era gave great importance to this aspect, but the heisei riders kind of take it for granted for the most, they are kamen rider because they have belts and can Henshin, it is rare when they realized that there is more than that in being a kamen rider, that is something i loved from that scene in All riders when tsukasa has a peptalk with yuuki jouji, and is something i loved in this episode as well.

One last thing, kasu´s final words were just perfect, his character is practically a stone who drops things, but those words were just perfect.

Farewell Phillip, and the best of luck to Kamen Rider Hidari Shoutarou.
alteralias
Favorite series: Ryuki, Blade, Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Sh15uya
Dreamy: Jabi from Garo
Favorite Actor?: Ninomiya Kazunari
My boom: Tentacles

Post by alteralias »

When I saw this "You know, if you watch no other episode of W, at least watch this one" at the head of the page, I thought you were all joking. I was wrong.

I guess Hidari finally showed the true strength of a single person to use each and everything at his disposal at the scene when
Spoiler
he fought alone. It's also the most kick-ass scene in the whole series for me. Got to hand the screen-writers a trophy for making it, totally made sense oh how he beat Utopia cause at that point he was ready to take on the world, that and Phillip's determination is certainly something that is way too much for Utopia to handle.

Saying goodbye to Phillip sure is painful but what really hit me was the Phillip's present to Hidari. Finding and giving it to Hidari/creating it must have been his last work he could put together. It's like a "You are strong enough to handle everything from now on" kind of thing.

Once again, this episode is full of win, really makes the entire series worth re-watching just to get to this point again.
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

Ivanhobe wrote: The thing with the hat confused me at first, it didn´t make a lot of sense, but after thinking it i realized that Utopia´s power was to turn one´s will to live against them, but it ment nothing against one´s will to die for the sake of others, that was one of the things the boss teached to shoutarou, to put one´s life in the line for their client, and that feeling allowed him and phillip to out math him.
The thing with the hat puzzled me too and that is the best explanation to it.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”