W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watching)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watchi

Post by kokowaks »

are you kiddin me? thats already a perfect plot...

a stranger going to a crime ridden city... probably like a new sheriff in town although not so western...

plus accel and his upgrades are already in english... it will probably take time to explain why W is double...
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

kokowaks wrote:are you kiddin me? thats already a perfect plot...

a stranger going to a crime ridden city... probably like a new sheriff in town although not so western...

plus accel and his upgrades are already in english... it will probably take time to explain why W is double...

It sounds like a cliché to be honest
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

we're talking about american adaptations here(look at recent power ranger trends), which is kinda getting off to the topic already.... sorry for that...

i guess if accel wasn't injured then the finisher would've been a (jet powered)rider kick... the clutch on the belt would've triggered a maximum..
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

!

I forgot to mention, Aoi's father is played by Suwa Tarou, who I kept noticing in a bunch of other tokusatsu shows awhile back in this thread: http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=4887 . I've been waiting to see him in W, and he's finally appeared! =D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Someone e-mailed me this:
I was watching the release and found that when the Commander dopant says 3 days you guys put in 3 months. Just wanted to point the error out.
He's correct. While it's unfortunate that this mistake was made, it's not worth a reencode since it's not significant to the plot. I corrected the mistake in the scripts
Frøg

Post by Frøg »

No mention of Jinno's fight scene? That actually took the cake for me. With Booster form appearing, it cements the fact that Accel is clearly a shout out to Zeon's one eyes(for me anyway). Even while flying, Booster shows how a newbie reacts to a first time, much like many MSG series protagonists. Look at those flames try and balance Booster!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So I'm assuming Koichi Sakamoto worked on the Action Choreography for this film too right? The action looked vicious and intense and that is what I like to see! Really liked the Terui fight against the pick poppers inside that restaurant or whatever it was. Another question I have is, who are the suit actors for Accel and W in here? Are they still the same suit actors from the series? With OOO going on and all the other spin-off movies, I'm getting confused now. Takaiwa Seiji is working on OOO or all the other projects too?

Anyways, back to the film, Terui got to be badass again and that was good to see. He became more of a little joker in the W series this was refreshing to see. I thought Akiko was kinda annoying here too but I understood her part of the story. She wants Terui to call her by her name and not Chief. But Terui calling him Chief makes her look very special in her eyes. I get that. Nao Nasagawa was pure eye candy here. I think that's the best type of roles she will ever fit in unless she surprises me with a variety of acting skills. I liked that Phillip and Shotaro had little screen time here too. They got their own movies already and exposure. Taking a backseat here was good. Aoi was pretty hot herself. It would hard for me to resist her antics. In all, this was a good movie. I enjoyed it. I originally didn't like the idea of all these spin-offs but if they're like this and intense with Koichi's action, I will watch it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Awesome untransformed fight scenes.
Hijacking a bus.
Fighting on with a busted leg.
Excellent use of catch phrases in battle.

Ryu confirmed for God Tier.

Also, Jino confirmed for Jackie Chan tier. Funny Fu to the max.
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina

Post by Chariot »

chronoxiong wrote: Another question I have is, who are the suit actors for Accel and W in here? Are they still the same suit actors from the series? With OOO going on and all the other spin-off movies, I'm getting confused now. Takaiwa Seiji is working on OOO or all the other projects too?
Eitoku is still Accel and Takaiwa is still W, and it shows.

I'm pretty sure they get Takaiwa to reprise his main Rider roles whenever the most current Rider isn't also on screen.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Or Den-O.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

coz no one really does den-o better than him...he's just very talented in portraying character-specific roles... which is probably why i like this franchise than those other sfx spandex shows...
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

ChelseaChampion wrote:And any ideas why does Terui's eyes look red like he has been sleep deprived?
Probably the shooting schedule. Lots of the movie is at night, and I know I always looked like crap when I had to work graveyard.

Or maybe the actor is dying of leukemia. He looked hella jaundiced.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

he looks gritty too..
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

dancercotillion wrote:
ChelseaChampion wrote:And any ideas why does Terui's eyes look red like he has been sleep deprived?
Probably the shooting schedule. Lots of the movie is at night, and I know I always looked like crap when I had to work graveyard.

Or maybe the actor is dying of leukemia. He looked hella jaundiced.
It's called having fun with Akiko the night b4 :D
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

i just watched it, and i see most of the comment/review i want to type is already in the open, so this is mine

1. I don't think Booster in gold/yellow is bad choice from Toei, because the color is derived from rocket booster (
Spoiler
because my family just watched Armageddon on TV at the same time i watched Accel on my brother notebook
).

and 2. when Accel Booster dodge first time from Commander missile, Terui still feel the pain in his right leg that is injured after he landed from the dodge. that's a big blooper, because I instantly realized that Accel Booster is using injured leg to brake after do a Maximum Drive to Commander Dopant.

oops, i almost forgot. 3. i get a feeling that Commander Troops suit is a recycle suit
Spoiler
(from neck to toe) from Kabuto Zectrooper
, save for the helmet and their weapon.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”