Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kuuga 08 released

Post by takenoko »

And now we get Pegasus form. Man, those are just rolling out left and right. Anyway, got to love how his special power is super senses that turn him into this sophisticated sniper.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kuuga 08 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I love how this Grongi is killed. It starts off with that transformation and then the shot just clenches it. I like the natural effect of filming it on the beach as well, the wind effect is really nice.

If Decade was anything to go by, I imagine that Godai will be using Ichijou's gun for this quite a lot.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

The Best!
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Time for a new episode of Law and Order: Unidentified Lifeforms Investigation!!!

Pegasus form was really cool when he finally uses it correctly, you gotta love how in kuuga the alternate forms have more balancing, like they improve something but also create a weakness, unlike newer shows where new forms are all about the advantages.

The whole suicide girl thing was a little over dramatic, but at the end it kind of worked, showing once again that Godai is the ultimate super nice guy. And seriously, pegasus form is like 4 levels of awesome.

Also, ichijou-san should really stop yelling yuusuke´s full name all the time if he doesn´t want to reveal his identity to everyone, specially since he is using a police radio. On an unrelated note, having a stone belt tucked in your belly must be uncomfortable, i mean, it can´t be good for your kidney´s.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I really liked the girl and Godai's moment. It was touching. But Kuuga finishing off the monster in one shot did suck. I'm surprised that Godai didn't say something like "Why are you giving me a gun?".
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

archer9234 wrote:I'm surprised that Godai didn't say something like "Why are you giving me a gun?".
>>> You wouldn't have been surprised if you didn't consider Godai as an airhead.

In 6th eps. when Godai Henshin into Dragon form for the second time, he said things like, "Blue immediately?!". That means, he's still unable to choose which color he should Henshin into (Well, I believe, he will eventually be able to).

This time, the belt naturally Henshin him into Pegasus form because the circumstance at the time requires him to have heightened senses in order to fight distant enemy.
In Pegasus form, he realized that only his senses of sight and hearing that have been extremely improved. With that said, he also realized that it's simply impossible for him to approach and beat the enemy in a close combat. So, when Ichijo passed the gun to him, the only conclusion he has was to shoot it down from afar. He has learned from his previous battle in Dragon form that he could fight using a weapon transformed from relevant object.

Godai Yuusuke is a genius man who has mastered 2000 abilities, after all.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kuuga”