Some crappy photos

Sh15uya II?
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Some crappy photos

Post by Jim Ballard »

I didn't want to post any of these at the time for fear of having ass sued, but I figure now the show is about two years old and TPC are only interested in raping the ULTRA GALAXY franchise...

This is the table where I "acted". The light was cool; it changed patterns every time you pressed it. The continuity guy was probably sweating like hell all the time we were there. I was the only idiot who tasted the drink.

Guys checkin' the monitor. In the background they were projecting what turned out to be the end credits of the series. We didn't realise this at the time and were making fun of how stupid the club was for playing such a thing.

The set at lunch time. Everyone fucked off. I went upstairs and discovered one of the other extras was a woman who had been in a bunch of Godzilla movies I used to drool over as a kid. She thought this was an episode of Kamen Rider.

This is Hashimoto-san. He's a still photographer. He said he's been working on the Ultra series since the time of ULTRAMAN TIGA.

This is Tomohito, or "Tom". He plays Agent K. He's a nice guy. I met up with him again last year along with some guy from some show I never watched ("Super Rescue Force" or something.) I think he was planning to go to America to study English.

Here's Agent K again, this time with his partner Agent Jin (aka Ultraseven X)

Jin and K again, pretending to be cool.

Here is K running towards me. I'm not sure what his intentions were, but Jin seems to find it funny.

Director Yagi checks the latest shot on the monitor. Yagi is cool. He was also the series organizer. Really the mastermind behind the whole show.

Yagi setting up the next shot. This one's for episode 2, I think. They shot all the bar stuff on that same day.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Some crappy photos

Post by takenoko »

Cool pics. It's pretty neat that you got to meet the main cast. A pity there's no pictures of S or of the lady in white. Thanks for sharing!

I like Rescue Force, do you happen to remember which character he played on the series?
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

No problem. I mean, I've been wanting to share them. They've just been sitting on my computer. But I couldn't post them at the time since studios are kind of strict over what info is released while they're promoting a new show, and I don't really want to rub anyone the wrong way. I have one shot of the lady in white's back.... kind of a pointless photo.

I remember the guy was called Kenta. I think he was the main star? He was cool too. Both Ken and Tom are aware they are ikemen and love it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kenta, eh? Sounds like the main character then:
http://www.tv-aichi.co.jp/rescue-force/staff/index.html
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

Yeah, that's him. I have a dorky otaku photo. I have no idea what's up with the hands...

Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Jim Ballard wrote:Yeah, that's him. I have a dorky otaku photo. I have no idea what's up with the hands...

[ Image ]

So R1 is on the right?
ImageImage
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

R1 is the sexy one with bad hair in the middle.

No, wait, the one on the right!
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Jim Ballard wrote:R1 is the sexy one with bad hair in the middle.

No, wait, the one on the right!
Nuh uh that L1 as in Loser 1 LOL :P

All jokes aside, nice pictures Jim. So how did you go about being able to take these behind the scenes production pics?
ImageImage
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

I was just in Japan at the time and was invited along. Only just made it; flew home 3 or 4 days later.

Return to “UltraSeven X”