DaiRanger 42 released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DaiRanger 42 released

Post by takenoko »

Nothing like the enemy boss to be knitting a sweater for his adopted zombie kid to strike terror into you
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: DaiRanger 42 released

Post by Catastrophe »

And despite the fact everyone is terrified of that crazy son of a bitch, Shaddam has something over him by the looks of it.

And giant space mecha dragon is back but not crushing stuff. What consequences could this possibly hold?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I really want to know what's up with the order of events during these last ten episodes or so. It's something that's bothered me ever since I uploaded them on YouTube years ago.

It's like... Daijinryu is destroying everything in sight in episode 38, so everybody agrees to this cease-fire thing to stop him. Then over the course of the next few episodes... Jin came back, the San Baka left the Gouma, and Kujaku finally dies. All the while, they're clearly fighting the Gouma (although, granted, only 40 fully escalated into a monster battle), but none of it sets off Daijinryu?

Plus, the city was clearly still in ruins in this episode from Daijinryu's last "visit". But none of that seemed to be going on in between. For example, the city seemed to be normal as Shoji and Kamikaze raced through it on their bikes in 40. There weren't any smoldering ruins or anything. Nobody was panicking.

And then there's Kou. The kid goes missing in 38, and nobody seems to give a crap until now. Rin is the worst guardian ever. :lol:

I think they actually intended this episode to come right after 38 (or at least a lot closer), but spaced it out for some reason.

I love this old show, but it certainly has it's faults. These aren't trivial issues, they're major plot holes that I'm sure even little kids picked up on back in the day.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Just because Kou wasn't focused on before doesn't mean the episode is "out of order", the "6th rangers" didn't have the perpetual spotlight back then that the current ones do.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

There's definitely something weird about episode placements in this series. I recall something like this happened earlier in the series, where certain episodes after Kibaranger's debut didn't feature Kou at all, and felt like they were filmed earlier but pushed back for whatever reason.

The proper flow of the story as originally planned, I think, is 39(Jin), 40(three idiots), 41(Kujaku), 37(Daijinryuu's debut) ,38(ceasefire), 42. IMO, the episodes were filmed in this order but changed order during airing. I guess they want to break out Daijinryuu as soon as possible.

lol reminds me of Samurai 'Origins', filmed way back but only aired recently.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Or these episodes where filmed in correct order. But due to child laws, can't use Kou's actor a lot. Causing these issues. Dairinryuu itself was always going to cause plot holes. When you have something the size of the city, that says you can't fight. It would be the end of all mech battles, till they risked the planet again.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Just because Kou wasn't focused on before doesn't mean the episode is "out of order", the "6th rangers" didn't have the perpetual spotlight back then that the current ones do.
Not "focusing" on him is one thing. Him running away and everyone else seemingly forget about him until a few episodes later is another thing entirely.

It's not like in earlier eps where he just didn't show up for whatever reason: he ran away and had everyone worried. But then they didn't do anything about it or even seem to remember he was gone. This is even stranger when you consider the fact that Rin is basically his legal guardian. She'd either have to be extremely callous or just plain incompetent for this to have gone on the way it seemingly did.

Clearly, these were aired out of order.
archer9234 wrote:Dairinryuu itself was always going to cause plot holes. When you have something the size of the city, that says you can't fight. It would be the end of all mech battles, till they risked the planet again.
That's true, but considering how the last few episodes played out, isn't it also possible that all the Daijinryu episodes were meant to be shown all together, at the very end of the series? That would explain a lot plot-wise, and it might also explain why they bumped these up: they wanted to sell more Daijinryu toys. It makes sense: what kid would want something that only appeared in a few episodes of the show, especially with Kakuranger just around the corner?
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

takenoko wrote:Nothing like the enemy boss to be knitting a sweater for his adopted zombie kid to strike terror into you
But it shows that he's a a leader that cares about his minions, he doesn't want poor Akomaru catching a cold in the Japanese Winters.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”