Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Re: Gosei 49 released

Post by markoclix »

One thing that kinda bugged me about the solar eclipse: Don't you have to use a special lens to see a solar eclipse and not go blind..? Anyway, the episode was good but I felt that it dragged on for a bit too long because they were trying to create dramatic tension where there wasn't a whole lot of it... Oh well. It should be interesting to see how things turn out.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Alata's definitely getting some love in this series with all epic fight scenes he's had especially the last couple of ones where's he's doing stuff untransformed. I am really surprised Gosei Knight didn't ask the team to join him in assault on Burajira's base, guess it wasn't in the budget to shoot the the Goseiger's in the underwater base. Speaking of Warstar & Mons Drake showing up as a spirit, Burajira certainly moved up the ranks pretty fast if he arrived when Warstar had just arrived, wonder if him revealing the location of Heaven's Tower had anything to do with that.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I like the contrast they made. First, there was meek and wimpy Alata planting seeds. And then badass Alata parrying fireballs. Also, the way he talked in the end of the episode showed for the first time in the series him being the fiery red leader. He took the leadership role before, but this is the first time he was that fierce.

I knew he wouldn't become a Burajira by gettin other powers, but why the hell would Buredo wait them do that? He could've just finished them... I know, it's the dramatci scene, but I figured a sharp guy like him wouldn't let things like that to chance.

Using the robots to hold the wedges was clever.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He could be trying to out play them. The reason he didn't destroy them before is because he needed them to create the wedges, so it is possible that he needs them to do something else to activate the Nega End ceremony.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

wait what? i thought this was going to be the last episode i mean gokaiger starts next week or are we still one episode behind. twas a good episode though awesome battle burajira was just countering all of the goseigers attacks. alata nearly turned to the darkside though lucky he came through in the end can't wait for the finale
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

remember it takes on average 7 days to work the episode, so this is the week before the last episode
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Darien_Shields
7X

Post by Darien_Shields »

Bugs me a little... I thought the idea of Alata receiving the others' powers was a good one. Neither he, nor Burajira, seem to make the really obvious distinction between them; Burajira took his comrades powers by force whereas Alata's comrades offer up their lives by choice.

Didn't like Alata's big teamwork speech culminating in them somehow being more powerful at the end and magically able to swat fireballs away. If they could always do that after getting a nice pep talk, maybe they should have just done it before the whole fight started? I don't know. I don't like it when the good guys anomolously get more powerful just because they've had a speech. If there were a big emotional block stopping them from fighting at full strength before, I'd understand, but in this case it just comes across as... powerup out of nowhere.

I'd rather have seen Alata absorb the other Goseiger's powers, and then later on found some way of restoring them. Maybe that would have seemed like a copout, but it'd be a copout I'd have liked more...

Also, did anyone else notice that despite Burajira's speech when he first showed up, he doesn't seem to have used any of the abilities he learned from the other villains? He said before that he took military might from Mons Drake, magic from... the bug guys (sorry, forgot their name), and technology from Robogog. But now it's been pretty much all holy magic all the time.

Overall, though, I liked the episode. A lot of curb stomping, which is character building. Just hope they get a really concrete way to beat Burajira in the next episode instead of just another speech.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think it was just a sweet ploy just to steal Robogogs underwater pimp palace.

That was, until he blew it up to kill GoseiKnight, who managed to cheat death again. That's three times. lucky btard.
Yugure
Infinity
Favorite series: atm: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: atm: Goseiger
My boom: DnD and Japan
Quote: I'm not a know it all, I just know a lot

Post by Yugure »

DereklBarona wrote: Honestly, I was expecting the "sacrifice your comrades for the power to win" thing to come up an episode or two earlier than this. From the moment Burajira admitted to absorbing the powers of the other angels of his time to win, I was expecting someone (Hyde) to start openly considering the possibility that they might have to willingly do the same thing to give someone (Alata) the edge needed to win, and talk to everyone about it.
Nah, Hyde was to busy going beserk when Buraijira told he killed his comrades just to gain their power
The vampire looked at the heroes inside the house.
"I'll defeat you!" he yelled.
"Oh yea? Come and get us!" one of the heroes said.
Silence...
The vampire smiled
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

Engage Pulse Lazers Mr. Worf

I'm sorry I couldn't resist :-P

That was rather....silly for the ghosts to do that :-P
JCLegendary
Adventure

Post by JCLegendary »

takenoko wrote:Mons Drake shouldn't have appeared as a ghost. He was never betrayed by Burajira since he died at the hands of the Goseigers
Wasn't Buredoran the one put in charge of Mons Drake's planet killing bomb? I've always wondered why when Drake's ship went up it didn't destroy the world, Buredoran sabotaging it because it went against his plans is a perfect explanation. Plus, even if it was less direct him luring Mons Drake to Earth is what ultimately cost Drake his army, his empire, and his life.

Kind of sad Dereputa didn't put in an appearance, but I suppose there was only enough space for so many to fit on screen.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, I'd have preferred Metal Alice over Dereputa. Dereputa openly hated him, but Metal Alice had some real betraying going on. Though, in saying that, I suppose he really only wanted to talk to the leaders, and both they Yuma Beasts where the joint leaders.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Darien_Shields wrote: Also, did anyone else notice that despite Burajira's speech when he first showed up, he doesn't seem to have used any of the abilities he learned from the other villains? He said before that he took military might from Mons Drake, magic from... the bug guys (sorry, forgot their name), and technology from Robogog. But now it's been pretty much all holy magic all the time.
Well, he wasn't born with Dark Gosei Power. He probably used all that the learned from the Warstar, Yuuma Beasts, and Matorintis to develop it.

I found it interesting that he mentions how Robogog helped him survive after Makuin and Kingugon turned on him. Does that mean he really died at one point? I guess CamoMirage is more than just an illusion.

I'm not sure why some people think Alata won't revert to back to his flower-planting, skipping-to-the-grocery-store, doormat-for-Eri ways once the battle is over. He may have grown as a Gosei Angel but he is still the same Alata that makes people cringe a little.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 1 week ban for breaking the rules

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”