Dreamy: 渡辺麻友
Favorite Actor?: 渡辺麻友
Favorite Band: 48 Family
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: 渡辺麻友
Quote: み〜んなの目線を、いただきまゆゆ~まゆゆこと渡辺麻友です

Re: Gosei 50 released

Post by hmf_master »

Goseiger was the first ever Sentai that used like Decade and I have to say at first I thought it was weird but after watching the series it was not a bad choice using the card

Spoiler
However in the New Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger I like how the Gokaigers can use the power of Ranger Key to become the Past 34 Sentai Ranger.
[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed part that refered to unreleased mateiral here
Avatar and Signature made by me, hmf_master
| HJU | Facebook | Stage48 | Tumblr |
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

I'll agree that Goseiger def was not one of my favs, but I really like the finale. It just... fit well.

A funny thing about this series though is that although I started off hating Alata and liking everyone else, he really began to grow on me with his development while everyone else began to feel very flat. Unfortunately, I think that because Alata did take the show (yea he's red, but still) it really belittled the rest of the team. I wonder how this story would've done in a Kamen Rider setting with Alata as the main rider.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Burajira being the Big Bad was very well done and interesting, but for me it was a bit of too little too late. The series overall wasn't very compelling or interesting, and the ending was just kind of "Meh." Count me in with the group that thought while Alata was giving his "I understand why we have our Gosei power" speech, that it was going to end with them sacrificing themselves to save the planet. But nah, we just get an underwhelming deus ex machina. I mean I figured they wouldn't REALLY die or anything, but still.

Or I was hoping at the very least, other Gosei angels would appear and lend their power and then there'd be a big massive outpouring of energy to stop the wedges. That would've been cool too.

But yeah. Overall, not impressed with Goseiger. It had its moments and I liked Alata, but it just didn't seem very interesting. Then again, I'm the weirdo whose favorite Sentai is Go-Onger, so there you have it.
archer9234 wrote:the team totally forgot about the the ostrich weapon
Whoa, there WAS an ostrich thing in this series. I had completely forgotten. How many episodes was it since they last used it? Like twenty?
TimeForceBlue
Favorite series: Zyu Renger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Miu/Go-on Silver
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: The Newsboys
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: None
Quote: I find your lack of faith disturbing! - Darth Vader, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Post by TimeForceBlue »

I loved the Goseiger Finale. Thanks for subbing it.
"Gokai Change!"
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Post by DarkProject »

I didn't watch a whole lot of the show, but I caught the last five. This was a decent enough ending, but it defied my expectations in a negative way.

I thought that Burajira would succeed, then the Gosei Angels would perform the End technique to counter Nega End, bringing everyone back to life.

The way they did it felt a fair bit like cheating, saying they had more power all along... Oh well. I'm not here to hate, just throw down my opinion. If you liked it, I'm happy to hear it.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

They didn't forget only the ostrich weapon. They forgot Hyper Gosei Great too. And the movie mecha just showed up in one episode. And they didn't have a good reason, they just showed and then disappeared forever.

Oh, they forgot exotic Gosei Great and didn't show another skyick Gosei Great.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Isn't it usually traditional for the movie power up to randomly appear for one episode anyway. I know the Dinosaur Origami in Shinkenger had two appearances in mecha fights, but usually its just the once.
Duskmon897
Quote: Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Post by Duskmon897 »

Off topic question, but did the new Red flash a some sort of gang sign there at the end? Couldn't really see do to the text.
hmf_master
7X
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーキバ
2nd Favorite Series: デカレンジャー

Post by hmf_master »

Duskmon897 wrote:Off topic question, but did the new Red flash a some sort of gang sign there at the end? Couldn't really see do to the text.
Nope its just his pose
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yeah, but the ostrich weapon was totally screwed out of the show. It literally only showed up twice. Its premiere episode and when it combo-ed with Datas. Hyper couldn't come back. It was Alata's crappy drawings. The cards vanished.
hmf_master
7X
Favorite series: 仮面ライダーキバ
2nd Favorite Series: デカレンジャー

Post by hmf_master »

archer9234 wrote:Yeah, but the ostrich weapon was totally screwed out of the show. It literally only showed up twice. Its premiere episode and when it combo-ed with Datas. Hyper couldn't come back. It was Alata's crappy drawings. The cards vanished.
Alata's crappy drawing was some how similiar to Exotic Brother Headders because of the colors he up in it
Also the Ostrich one is Called Mystic Brothers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Mystic Gosei Great had a few appearances. They used it to beat the fat Yuma Beast boss for one. It definitely appeared a couple of times (more than two at least).
JCLegendary
Adventure

Post by JCLegendary »

My biggest complaint, Burejira didn't snap his fingers to summon the Bibiis. I mean, it was his trademark, but didn't use it for his own finale. Sad.

Yeah, it was that good. I expecially like the part where the Goseigers kept getting in Burejira's way first with their weapons and sidearms, then by sacrificing Gosei Great, and then with Red Dynamic. Then when the window of opportunity for remaking the world with Nega End passes he wakes up from seemingly dead and decides to destroy the world anyway just out of spite. Oh Buredoran, you really were the greatest villain ever. I can only hope you cheat death one more time for the next VS.

By the way, what happened to the Bibii Hive? I don't remember it being destroyed. Yeah, I kind of expected them to leave plot threads like Nozomu's Mom or that crazy fish professor from 40 episodes ago unresolved. But the Bibii Hive was important.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

They could save it for a plot point for something like a cross over movie.

I like the half suitless roll call/half transformed. The thing is, we all expect it now, and its either helmetless (is the helmets have been shown to come off) or suitless, so this puts an interesting twist on things. To be honest, I thought Shinkengers suitless rollcall was pretty crap, and this is quite good.

Still no DaiRanger though.
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

It wasn't as bad as I was fearing, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. Alata did get more bearable by the end, but he always seemed like a kid to me. I don't know, Red needs to be more adult, even if he's hot-headed, he still has to look like he's old enough to drive the damn mecha.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”