XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Goseiger Movie Released

Post by XIII »

Well its that time of the year again for the Sentai Movie to be released, and this year as a added bonus we get it in HD as well, pretty cool eh.

No word on the 3D side yet, I havent had the time to investigate how we can do that.

Right, onto the movie,

Spoiler
It kinda creeps me out that Alata can hear things on the wind and pick up on peoples feelings in such a way, especially picking up on the damsel in distress, which in turn leads to the heroic hero trying to help the damsel in distress, but it does work in this movie thou, which is cool.

Wasnt quite sure on the whole fire and water evil overload things that didnt really seem to do anything but just float there in the sky during the battle, I understand they were supposed to represent evil, but I just didnt see them as evil in any way, if anything it made me think of Mortal Kombat.

The mecha is actually kinda cool, this time, its not a half assed addon that it normally is, but a completely new mecha, and it made it interesting overall, even the final strike is pretty cool.

the typical tragic heroin losing the girl at the end is a nice touch to the movie, just gives it a slightly more down to earth feel.

I have to say I did enjoy this movie more than I did the Shinkenger movie,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Goseiger Movie Released

Post by takenoko »

I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't even remember my complaint about the bike scene till Petrkr mentioned it. That was totally lifted from DaiRanger's first episode

But yeah, the fight scenes were good. And it was longer than 20 minutes, which should please some people. Just a lot of fun over all
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't really like the movie at all. It felt very rushed to me. The Blu-Ray looks great and all especially Wonder GoseiGreat but I felt the movie was just flat overall. GoseiKnight only appeared in one scene. They could have him at least appeared first in the giant fight only to get beaten before the Goseigers come in with Wonder GoseiGreat to save the day. I enjoyed the Shinkenger movie more than this one even though the Shinkenger one was 22 minutes long compared to 30 minutes with Goseiger.
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

...Kinda funny that it's a movie about angels having to deal with Ragnarok. What, was the Apocalypse not good enough to use as a plot point?
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Man and I thought 3D movies were bad in Hollywood...
ryuzakiumi
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by ryuzakiumi »

Nuoh my god...
Moune totally teabagged that monster during the end fight.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

ryuzakiumi wrote:Nuoh my god...
Moune totally teabagged that monster during the end fight.
Technicality here, woman can not teabag they lack the "teabag". :lol: Anyways I watched it, did not seem anything special. I agree with the rushed comment, but what can you do with a time limit and an already not to well off series.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like Buredoran switching back to his Warstar guise. If we had seen this in sequence, I'm sure it would have sparked some rumours earlier than it actually did.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Catastrophe wrote:I like Buredoran switching back to his Warstar guise. If we had seen this in sequence, I'm sure it would have sparked some rumours earlier than it actually did.
The impression it gave to me, was that had we seen it in sequence, it would just have felt more like the Yuumayu form was his real form.

The SuperNova guy sounded really familiar to me. Looking him up, it's the voice of Ashura, which I'd say he also used for this role. That he also voiced King Bradley and Maku (Geki) only strengthened the recognition and also made me hear their voices from time to time.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I enjoyed this movie. I thought the pacing was pretty good and the actors felt more realistic than they did in a good chunk of the series. The ending song was fairly catchy.

I have no memory of Wonder GoseiGreat appearing the series. All of the mecha combinations felt like a big blur. It was nice in the movie, though.

Oh Buredoran. I wonder if the foreshadowing is really that obvious, or if it's that obvious because I'm looking at it in hindsight.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Also, I forgot to say.

The ending song felt really familiar, while I never heard it before...
Did the group more Sentai songs like it or?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's done by NOB who did the opening to Goseiger and Boukenger and various other Sentai songs. I believe the end theme is called Hoshi wo mamoru mono/those who protect the planet?
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

i hate to say this, but the movie really is one of the weaker moments in Goseiger to me.

There's some good things about it, like getting the Buredoran switch, which I agree, would've sparked the rumors alot sooner.

But theres too much about the movie that just didn't fit in or felt really weak.

The wire work was a joke. We never saw anything like this at all in rest of the Goseiger series. If wire work was done, it felt more natural. But having Alata flying half the time and doing front flips, or the Pink/Yellow final attack ala Ambiguously Gay Duo, nothing felt in place.

The GoseiKnight appearance was an afterthought. Where was he the entire time before? Was he asleep and didn't hear his Data alarm clock go off? Then shows up just in time to obliterate all of the Warstar ghosts in one shot?

Just weak overall. Doesn't make me think less of the Goseiger series, I just feel like I could've done without the movie.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm a fan of Goseiger, but this really didn't do anything for me. I'm surprised that neither the Yuuma Beasts or Warstar asked Buredoran about what he was up to etc, but the series kinda showed both groups were thick.

Also the movie mech was kinda average. I'm used to a fully recoloured and retooled one (ala Engine DaiShogun), but this was just a recolour of the dragon with a whole bunch of extra headders.

Hopefully the returns DVD has something better in store.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I will agree that the movie was kind of bland. But it was a good movie overall. Kept to the characters and with the knowledge of Buredoran's plans from the final episodes, I can see how he was thinking in this movie.

Also, the last part of the Myth was a nice touch. Poor Alata. Also, funny watching the fights.

Overall, it was a decent movie and served its purpose.

And, the voice of the SuperNova guy sounded familiar and I found out why: he did the voice for the Third Hokage in Naruto and the narrator for Fairy Tail. I liked that.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”