So when are you going to release the movie?

Unknown!
Forum rules
Agito Wiki Link

< Kuuga | Agito | Ryuki >
Zelalem
Infinity
Favorite series: EHH...TOO MANY!
2nd Favorite Series: EVEN HARDER!
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: The Seatbelts
My boom: Cowboy Bebop
Quote: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

So when are you going to release the movie?

Post by Zelalem »

I've heard that the Agito movie takes place between Episodes 41 and 42, but the movie came out in between Episodes 33 and 34. I personally think you should release the movie between 33 and 34 and release the director's cut after the finale, but what do you plan to do?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: So when are you going to release the movie?

Post by Lunagel »

Probably whenever it takes place in the series
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Zelalem wrote:I've heard that the Agito movie takes place between Episodes 41 and 42, but the movie came out in between Episodes 33 and 34. I personally think you should release the movie between 33 and 34 and release the director's cut after the finale, but what do you plan to do?
I've heard the theatrical versions only are on blu-ray. Has anybody seen both versions, preferring one or the other? Either way, cool of T-N to take it on.
Ryumeiou Salamandes
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Kido Shinji
Favorite Actor?: Satou Takeru
Favorite Band: GReeeeN

Post by Ryumeiou Salamandes »

psychogoatee wrote:
Zelalem wrote:I've heard that the Agito movie takes place between Episodes 41 and 42, but the movie came out in between Episodes 33 and 34. I personally think you should release the movie between 33 and 34 and release the director's cut after the finale, but what do you plan to do?
I've heard the theatrical versions only are on blu-ray. Has anybody seen both versions, preferring one or the other? Either way, cool of T-N to take it on.
Yup! The movie had 2080p HD.
龍 Ryu: Long, ; 冥 Mei: Minh, ; 王 Ou: Vương

龍冥王 Ryumeiou - Long Minh Vương - Dragon Dark King
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Post by FaeQueenCory »

The movies (yes there were two) are non-canon/alternate-canon for the show.
The tv-movie "Another Henshin" (iirc, I think that was it's name) is supposed to tie the show into the theatrical movie proper...
But it horrendously contradicts not only the show... but also the movie it was suppose to be a prequel for! lol

Even MORE ironic is that should the tv-movie be ignored... and just the theatrical movie be watched...
It fits perfectly into the events of the show between episodes 46 and 47.
Major spoilers for the final arc of AgitΩ, as well as why the movie fits between 46 and 47:
Spoiler
Right after God says "fuck it... I'mma kill EVERYONE and start over." This makes sense because there is a LONG time period where there are no angel attacks and given Mana's premonition of God killing AgitΩ while saying "you should have just remained human"... it just make sense for these events to happen after God's decision to push the reset button on this whole humanity thing.
Furthermore, there's the fact that Hikawa knows that "Souichi" is AgitΩ... which in the show happens due to shenanigans in episode 38 proper... but was a part of the tv-movie.
And there's the lack of Kino... and no Gabriel or any other archangel... which really makes placing the movie before 46-47's time jump really inconsistent...
But with Kino and Gabriel both dead by the end of 46, AgitΩ and Gills' ultimate forms have both been reached... and all the other plot points in the movie... there are no inconsistencies when the movie is placed after 46. Making it "canon-able", so to speak.
It really was strange that the tie-in tv-movie would have blatant inconsistencies with the theatrical movie it was trying to tie into... I mean.... crazy-bitch steals the G4 plans TWICE... Once in the tie-in tv-movie and once again in the theatrical movie in a different way! lol
So basically, the movie can actually serve as canon if you ignore the tv-movie and place it after 46 before 47.
(and iirc, the only thing "lost" in ignoring the tv-movie is the revelation of the crap-G3s being put into production... which, when you think about it, is kinda already implied just from having a G4... or at least when they show up in 49 it's not a surprise due to another G-model having been tried.)

iirc, the tv-movie is included on the bluray release for the theatrical movie.
(And question: was there ever a director's cut released??)

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”