Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

ZyuRanger 13 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

For once, Bandora had a good plan with taking out Mei with the poisoned apple so her monster would be super effective against the rest of the Zyurangers. Also eating a giant apple made with a kid inside must be disgusting since it would taste like meat and my apples don't need have that meat flavor.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: ZyuRanger 13 Released

Post by TBustah! »

Digimon Frontier had meat apples in it, as I recall. XD
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

One of my favourite Zyuranger episodes. Not only is it a Mei episode, but it also turns out to be great.

Things I liked were Bandora having to get rid of Mei in order for Dora Ladon to be able to carry out her plan, Dora Ladon's initial panic (when he thought the poison would have worked by then) but more importantly Mei's determination in saving the other Zyuranger and the kids. Usually Mei is the one being protected the most by the others, but now it was the reverse; now she had to take responsibility, as a Rishiya Tribe Princess, and save them. Great way to develop her character.

And of course I love the storytelling/mythology aspects of the plot. Zyuranger is a fantasy afterall.
Behold the Emperor!
AstonWave007
Adventure

Post by AstonWave007 »

I think we're getting spoiled again by the steady stream of other shows that aren't current. xD.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Power Bow!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Only in a show with a mythological bent like Zyuranger can you get away with kids turning in to apples...
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Meh, the episode was okay to me. ZyuRanger's extensive use of fairy tales and fantasies just doesn't seem to amuse me too much.
Lita Maivia
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by Lita Maivia »

I really like this Zyuranger episode. However, if I'm being completely honest, I prefer the MMPR use of the footage. The Pink Ranger's big triumphant arrival at the end felt better executed than here in Zyuranger. Still, this is a good Zyuranger episode and I am so happy to see so many Zyuranger subs released recently. Here's hoping for more!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Lita Maivia wrote:However, if I'm being completely honest, I prefer the MMPR use of the footage. The Pink Ranger's big triumphant arrival at the end felt better executed than here in Zyuranger.
I'm starting to find that to be true for most of it, unless there's an extra fighting scene or something with Bandora and her group. But the children's stories and the muck the ZyuRangers run until it's time to fight bore me.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
Lita Maivia wrote:However, if I'm being completely honest, I prefer the MMPR use of the footage. The Pink Ranger's big triumphant arrival at the end felt better executed than here in Zyuranger.
I'm starting to find that to be true for most of it, unless there's an extra fighting scene or something with Bandora and her group. But the children's stories and the muck the ZyuRangers run until it's time to fight bore me.
Not to mention the fact that ZyuRanger is highly based on fairy tales; it just seems a LOT more unrealistic compared to some other Sentai series.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The Zyurangers are also kind of a pack of morons. That doesn't help. I don't know how the old wizard guy hasn't broken his staff in disgust and stormed out on them.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Personally, I find that use of fairy tale logic one of the bigger draws of Zyuranger; I kinda like that it's a fantasy narrative with a motto of "just go with it," rather than trying to give you backstory and explanations for every little thing (Like that sword that turned Geki evil on the island of despair.)

And I REALLY liked how Mei's overcoming the curse was accomplished by finding the courage to dive into that fire for her friends. Makes quite a statement.
captainjack913
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim

Post by captainjack913 »

I'm glad to see Zyuranger start to get subbed again since I've been able to find subs up to episode 32 but have been stuck there for a while.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

dancercotillion wrote:The Zyurangers are also kind of a pack of morons. That doesn't help. I don't know how the old wizard guy hasn't broken his staff in disgust and stormed out on them.
Because they are the only ones who can do the job and doesn't have access to the Super Sentai multiverse or rather it wasn't created yet.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

Phoenix512 wrote:Because they are the only ones who can do the job and doesn't have access to the Super Sentai multiverse or rather it wasn't created yet.
In a way, being 'the best morons available' is still an achievement.

Also, as already said, since it's following faerie tales narration and logic, there's a feeling that certain things simply must go in a certain way, because even if something seem downright dumb, no one can go against the narration. Sort of.

And it's still better of, say, _robots_ being morons because someone programmed them to be morons. For no reason. In a totally realistic settings.
And they're used in critical situations on a daily basis. Rrright.
:roll:

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”