Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: KR OOO 48 released The End

Post by kokowaks »

OOO was awesome... the ending was better than for eiji to go blade....

hopefully fourze would pick up the pace again....
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

And now, at long last, the shit has gotten real. In your pants.

...It was that, "I want wieners," or "why is poop brown?" I flipped a coin, it landed on its side.
takenoko wrote:
Spoiler
O-oh. That kind of sucks. Guess OOO won't be appearing in any crossovers with Fourze.
O, ye of little faith. The mantra of the show is still "at this rate, Pajama Sam will continue to fight...!" Though its something like that more years than not, it seems.

...Also, that crossover already seemed to both exist and wedge itself into the introduction, even the last time that introduction was used. I guess tact's a thing of the past when film's involved.

This episode's official title would've been magnificent without the first part of it. As it stands, didn't impress me enough to completely blank out the weird shots with Mr. Hand Man greenscreened in/floating off cement while kneeling and not casting a shadow. The awkward comic book freezes I was at least expecting from the last episode.

I'll miss Gbeetlehopperpatamusman. He was....eh, fonzish. I guess. Not really. I like green, though.

As for Female Character A, her bizarre strength must've come from being a half-giant orphan who was framed and expelled from hogwarts but still wound up being hired by the school as a groundskeeper/living beard sponge. She's slimmed down since being fired from that job, I guess.

As it happens the love-love-love combo from the super triple original script was going to be the show's final form. I know someone who knows someone who probably showed me. It was all cool and, uh, showa. Yeah, that's it. That's....that means things. Things you punks with your after-showa wouldn't understand. But they were afraid it would blow too many minds and next year's space jam wouldn't be enough to follow it up.

Speaking of, the tie-in at the credits made sense to me. Of course all toku shows take place in the same version of the same japan. Its just constantly being re-altered because of superboy prime punching reality or professor zoom doing....something...and Marty McFly sometimes getting stuck for his refusal to use the game's hint system. That sort of thing. As long as the show stays consistent for a year and/or is entertaining, who cares how it ties to what or if time and physics are bent to serve continuity.

...Scratch consistent, replace with mostly coherent.

To my thoughts on OOO as a series now done with, I'm just in shock I took snaps of every episode. I have other things to do, honest...

...I do hate to say goodbye. I suppose, then, at dawn's first light look to the east for a birthday delight.

O what a beautiful morning, O what a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeeling....from the first shot I guess 000 = 1.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

This ending kinda sucked. So let me get this right OOO final form is the Kings Medal? Which is basically the same TaToBa we're use to?

And by the definition Cake Boss gave us doesn't that mean that Gamel and Mezool's 10th medal's are still out there somewhere?

Speaking of Cake Boss uh... the fuck? was his intentions in the first place? or did he do this stuff for the lulz?

How about Chiyoko-san? Did she ever get explain? was she actually maki's sister or not?

Also maki said when Cake Boss came out he had all the medal's, I get he miscounted but how the hell did Ankh still have 3 medals?

And UVA what the hell man? So what you got some extra medal? Run into OOO's or Team Birth I'm sure they'll beat them out of you, if your serious about just wanting to exist and not go berserk.

Don't get me wrong I understand end of a Kamen Rider series is usally always going to have a shitty ending and the movies usally wrap it up as what happend in W's case but this series has been a whole lot of uh... what do we want to do next? uh.. we're running out of episodes... uh.. we forgot about this plot we started here and never really finished...

Sigh... Really REEALLY looking forward to Fourze after this batshit of an ending. They need to wipe the slate clean.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

HyperDrake wrote:Anyway, got these pics somewhere. It's spoiler free, so don't worry. I placed it in spoiler tags coz it's a bit big in size.

1. OOO "true" Final form fan-made for those Putotyra combo hater out there (I hope they're satisfied) and

Spoiler
[ Image ]
oh wow i'm so glad they didn't do that... that's some straight up Den-O stuff right there. Do Not Want.jpg
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This series was entertaining.
As for the episode itself, when Date called Ankh "Anko", I was really expecting Ankh to yell, "For the last time, it's ANKH!"

Hearing Ankh's voice for the "TAKA KUJAKU CONDOR" was pretty cool.

I would like to agree with the theory that Eiji is looking for a way to 'revive' Ankh.

I liked the easter egg in the ending, and speaking of easter, I LMAO when I watched the commercials.

Next Episode: Let's Blast off! *sorry, couldn't resist the space pun, Fourze is going to be chock full of them anyway. LOL!!!*
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I agree about the ending being not bad, but not great either. More fulfilling than the Kabuto ending, that's for sure. At least Ankh wasn't stupidly revived like Philip.

I also agree about the story not being as tight as W. I love the Rider series, or shows in general I guess, that explain everything. There is a common saying that good science fiction is all about rules, and those rules are what guide a good story. I feel like in OOO's, the rules kept changing, where as in W things were very clearly established. On the whole, OOO's was an enjoyable series for sure.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

The biggest problem this show had was that there was simply too much trying to go on at the same time that a lot of things went underwritten as a result. The original shifting medal war of the first third of the show just about completely disappeared with Gamel and Mezool the first time, and as much as I loved Date and Gotou's entire start-to-finish character development, and believe me, Date's one of my favorite characters in the whole show, their taking up most of the middle third of the series almost by themselves left us with a lot less time to focus on the questions we really wanted answered with Ankh. Then Putotyra rolled around and we suddenly had a reasonable yet quick and semi-cheap plot device for how the Greeeds can get killed off for good. And then, through all of that, we get to an ending that, while your mileage may vary, ended up coming out pretty damn awesome in the end.

It's like Kabuto in a lot of ways. Interesting premise, pretty decent fights and suits, but for every awesome character you see onscreen and for every plotpoint they bother to explain, there's someone or something else that just sort of fell away for awhile.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

I took pity on this guy so I'll answer everything
This ending kinda sucked. So let me get this right OOO final form is the Kings Medal? Which is basically the same TaToBa we're use to?
It's basically the same form as the normal TaToBa except that this is the one used by the original OOO via the 10th medal
And by the definition Cake Boss gave us doesn't that mean that Gamel and Mezool's 10th medal's are still out there somewhere?
Yes, but possibly destroyed along with the others at the end
Speaking of Cake Boss uh... the gently caress? was his intentions in the first place? or did he do this stuff for the lulz?
he doing it to evolve humans through desire, and some said that he's the descendant of the original OOO so he want to complete what his ancestor failed
How about Chiyoko-san? Did she ever get explain? was she actually maki's sister or not?
never seen 2 humans with the same face? She just happens to be identical to Maki's sister
Also maki said when Cake Boss came out he had all the medal's, I get he miscounted but how the hell did Ankh still have 3 medals
Everybody knows Ankh is alive so Maki just said that cause everybody will presume he got all except Ankh's (well, except you maybe)
And UVA what the hell man? So what you got some extra medal? Run into OOO's or Team Birth I'm sure they'll beat them out of you, if your serious about just wanting to exist and not go berserk.
He can't do that while a world-ending maniac keep inserting medals and struggling not to lose control does he?
Don't get me wrong I understand end of a Kamen Rider series is usally always going to have a shitty ending and the movies usally wrap it up as what happend in W's case but this series has been a whole lot of uh... what do we want to do next? uh.. we're running out of episodes... uh.. we forgot about this plot we started here and never really finished...

Sigh... Really REEALLY looking forward to Fourze after this batshit of an ending. They need to wipe the slate clean.
I don't even understand what the ...... are you saying
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

So OOO has come to an end...

Things I liked about OOO:
- Relationship between Eiji and Ankh
- The Greeed team
- The designs of the OOO forms
- Eiji becoming a Greeed

Things I did not really liked:
- Design of Kyouryu Greeed
- No real new form for Birth
- Also the series could have used more two-weekly monsters and more plot twists

All in all it was a very enjoyable series. Looking forward to Fourze!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

And so it ends.

Uva's vessel form was crap and didn't make sense. the other greed became abominations. He became a flying d8... And what the hell was that with him healing maki?

Chyoko was useless and while Hina's drama was ok, she didn't do anything at all. One more useless KR heroine.

The last battle was lame. Only SPFX and people flying around.

And while the main trio's interactions seemed forced and awkward (except when it was just the two guys), the secondary trio was pretty cool together.

The problem with having Movie War is that they can't really kill one of the heroes in KR, so they made Ankh's medal go to Eiji. At least it's better than what they done in other series...

OOO was a very mediocre series. Eiji was a cool character and his interactions with Ankh were funny. They made a nice duo.

Date was awesome, Satonaka was cool and Gotou had one of the most well done character growth arcs in KR.

Chyoko was completely useless and Hina was a boring heroine that didn't do much.

The problem is that again the enemies were complete monsters that had no goal except getting stronger. And again there was a foundation just so they could say there was a foundation.

Some greeed were cool and at the beginning their relationships were interesting, but they never developed any of them and it got boring soon. I mean we only knew that Mezul wanted something like a family when it was her time to die...

Maki was an interesting character, but he was another one that wasn't well used. Even though he had power knowledge and a cool backstory, he was never that villain that you hate or that makes you thik: oh shit, here he comes! Kougami was there just to be weird...

The battles were bland. And even though OOO had a lot of powers and the potential to be a rider that used a lot of strategy, he relied more on combos and willpower to win. Birth spent most of the show being used as a sandbag. But some of OOO forms had nice moves.

The other big problem was the lucky clover syndrome, and I called that since the beginning. They introduced the enemy commanders on the battlefield too soon and since they and the heroes had to last until the end, they would either leave while in advantage or run away a lot. And the power levels would vary depending on the situation. One week OOO would clean the floor with two of them just to haave problems in the next week.

The concept of the Yummies was interesting and many of the arcs had nice stories. A pity I can't say the same about the main plot.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Just wanted to comment real quick on the front page image. Am I the only one who absolutely loves the "It's your turn" type pictures between the previous rider and the upcoming rider?
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Thanks for another great series. Thanks for another great year. Counting the medals wasn't that bad at all. Love the series, and love this finale. Nighty-night Dr Maki, that coward really deserve that. Wish the final battle scene would last a little longer.

I have to agree that Eiji is trying to find the way to revive Ankh. And I really think that OOO never have the real Final Form. Each combo have advantages and disadvantages against each other while PuToTyra have an extra ability, destroying core medals.

So, are the counting legacies will continue? We'll see about that next week. Thanks again Tv-Nihon.
Last edited by Skull Rider on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Just finished watching the episode. I liked it a lot. I'm a little confused where Ankh got two more medals, but maybe Maki just missed those when he left Ankh to die. It's not like he needed every last medal to make Uva go nuts, after all, cause if he did, some were already destroyed, meaning his plan is frakked. I really liked hearing Ankh's voice call out the medal names for the final henshin. The final fight wasn't the "greatest fight of all time ever forever" but it was still pretty cool. The scene after the fight of Hina taking the other fraction of Ankh's medal out of the ground almost made me tear up. It really puts a sad spin on the similar scene in the opening that will stay with me from now on, forever changing how I watch the opening if and when I rewatch this series.

Also, it's fun to note that in a way, both Maki and Kougami get what they want with this ending. What do I mean by that?

"A fine ending to you, OOO. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UCHUU NO KAMEN RIDER BOYA!"
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Aeikozz wrote:oh wow i'm so glad they didn't do that... that's some straight up Den-O stuff right there. Do Not Want.jpg
Um, I'm pretty sure that's fanart.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I honestly hate that the Cores were almost all neatly destroyed by the Uva-monolith. It goes against the concept of desire being good when such powerful items can no longer be used to fulfill desires. Then again, they were stagnant. The tenth Cores are a good example of that. It says a lot about the series when the past was once satisfied with 3 Medals used to fight 1 Yummy, while now it takes the support of over a million Cell Medals to make TaToBa last 4 minutes before destruction via Maki's pimpslap. Humanity's greed will always outgrow what we have. The Core Medals were already 800 years out of date. That's the evolution of the human spirit at work!

I don't know where people were getting the impression that Eiji Greeed was objectively more powerful than PTTZ beforehand. That's like saying that 6-core Kazari was superior to LaToraTa. Though the Greeed and the Combos use the same power source, they are separate. Eiji Greeed was the baseball bat to PuToTyranosaurus' katana. One is beter for killing, but the other is what you'd give a berserker.

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU APOCALYPSE! I wonder who's birthday it was.

I love the use of TaJaDor as the climax combo. The disproven theory about Ankh fusing with Eiji to achieve it early on takes a new light here. Ankh yelling out the core names made me smile. Time Judged All's lyrics also feel really relevant. I popped in the Full Combo Collection and cried through the song and its instrumental. It's certainly not the Final Form though. It actually proves the dominance of the purple Cores by using their power for the final strike.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:Um, I'm pretty sure that's fanart.
But that's the kind of thing everyone was expecting. PTTZ is far superior. It really goes back to the old Kamen Rider motif of a power that isn't what the hero wants. Or, in this case, needs. A sudden "LOL I'll use all the power ever for a curbstomp" ending would have been horrid. Which is why most posters are glad that didn't happen.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”