Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Re: Let's Go Kamen Rider released

Post by HyperDrake »

OOOKaiser wrote:I love the movie but... flying motorcycles?? :O
Yeah, right. They shouldn't be fooling kids like this, eh?
Leonite Rider wrote:Dear god, why did I tell myself I'm going to include this in my OOO fanfiction... I'm going to have to tear it apart just to make it canon with the original OOO, let alone the fic, and I need to as the Shocker and Imagin medals are scheduled to show up later.
I know that every person is entitled with their own right to stupidity but it seems to me that you keep abusing that particular right.
dancercotillion wrote:Most of the old Riders did exist in the same world, if not all of them, up to the franchise petering out after BLACK RX.
I couldn't agree more with you. Riders from different titles existing in the same world are Showa exclusive property only (kamen rider one franchise to RX), canon wise.
Niek wrote:Or I'm just fed up with all those anniversary stuff in Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
Well, I actually enjoy every anniversary stuff in Kamen Rider movie coz I like to see them getting involved together in some action. But, my stand is always clear. This kind of movie (Riders from different titles being lumped together with each other in a movie) is never a canon, storyline wise, since Kamen Rider ZX movie and Black RX.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Therm_Kitty wrote: I disagree heavily. They couldn't use those suits because the reboots aren't part of the franchise. Also, they destroyed them to create the suits for the first Cho Den-O movie. But besides, there's nothing wrong with the Showa suits. They're bulkier than the suits from the original shows for some reason, but they still look great.
I don't really care if they have destroyed those suits or not and whether those movies are a part of the franchise or not. In this movie Ichigo and Nigo had a lot of screen time with a number of close ups. It was really obvious and ugly how green painted thick foam chestplates were nitted to a bunch of pyjama's. And that is what I dislike. Those chestplates were bouncing all the time as if they had a life of their own. It no longer feels like a protective armor. And if they only had one movie were they used this I could dismiss it for nostalgic reasons. But this is at least the third one and I don't see an end to it. Now it just looks cheap and of low production value.
HyperDrake wrote: Well, I actually enjoy every anniversary stuff in Kamen Rider movie coz I like to see them getting involved together in some action. But, my stand is always clear. This kind of movie (Riders from different titles being lumped together with each other in a movie) is never a canon, storyline wise, since Kamen Rider ZX movie and Black RX.
In all honesty I don't mind anniversary stuff either. I am just fed up with how it is done. Even storywise they don't get a decent treatment. This is the third movie in which they have all riders fighting together. And it feels cheap and scrapped together, because a few riders get the focus in the movie, while the rest just come in, punch someone and if they are lucky they get to say a line. If it was one movie I could dismiss something like this for nostalgic reasons like I mentioned before. But this is the third (not counting the net movies). It feels cheap; cluttered story wise and production of low quality. It is an easy cash in, by putting all the riders in there so that there is at least one rider that a fan would like. For a charity song with celebrities it works. Not for a movie honoring a franchise whose money only goes to the studio.

When you do something for an anniversary do it good. Do not dwell on the past, but bring the past to the present. In a series you can spend time on a tribute to each Sentai/Rider. In a movie you cannot. Just scrapping everything together is cheap. Tributes like First and Next were good movies even if they aren't part of the franchise. Decade and Gokaiger are good tribute series. The Kamen Rider movies are not. And I only fear to guess what 199 Sentai will be.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

awesome simply awesome! better than decade? on par with it. It'd ne nice if they used the first and next suits for ichigo nigou and v3. so its official that kotarou is now den-o so then what is momotaros Kamen Rider Sword Form?it'd be nice to know what happened to den liner after it exploded, how did it survive? how did they escape? nice to see all the riders fighting their old enemies.also even the secondary riders made an appearence that was cool. A super awesome 40th anniversery movie.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Might be slowpoke here, but Kikaders voice actor is Tomokazu Seki, who is also the Narrator/Mobirates Voice in Gokaiger.

I noticed it because of the way he says 'Denji' in the Denji End attack and Denjiman was the same.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Niek wrote:I don't really care if they have destroyed those suits or not and whether those movies are a part of the franchise or not. In this movie Ichigo and Nigo had a lot of screen time with a number of close ups. It was really obvious and ugly how green painted thick foam chestplates were nitted to a bunch of pyjama's. And that is what I dislike. Those chestplates were bouncing all the time as if they had a life of their own. It no longer feels like a protective armor. And if they only had one movie were they used this I could dismiss it for nostalgic reasons. But this is at least the third one and I don't see an end to it. Now it just looks cheap and of low production value.
See, this is what I agree with, the suits they're using are worse than the ones from the original series. For example, the chestplates are supposed to be tucked behind the belts. That's why, when you watch Kamen Rider or V3, you don't see the chestplates bouncing. If it was truly nostalgic, the suits would be as close to the originals as possible.

The old suit designs don't need rebooting, the problem is with Toei being too cheap to use the originals correctly.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I actually liked this movie despite the flaws. I think the main reason is because it's obviously doesn't try to fit itself into OOOs continuity. The "My childhood friend is my father" thing is just creepy though. You'd think that Mitsuru would know what his dad's name was.

The battles were pretty epic though. Though is it me, or is King Dark just a jobber in these movies? He shows up, makes a grand entrance and you think it's going to be an epic battle, then he gets upstaged.

All in all, a good movie that's fitting for an anniversary.
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

so many illogical things in this movie...
why can a child remember things 40 years ago at the start? and he's the father of his friend? wtf?
i saw all kamen rider movies but... where's ryotaro? is he now in his normal form? and since when can the imagin-tachi exist outside the den-liner without a contractor? and momotaros can do a henshin by himself??? did i miss something???

and in the end eji and ankh are left in this shocker-ruled-universe... not in their own... so... can somebody explain? i don't get it... o.O

by the way: i like the new version of let's go kamen rider song.... ^^
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I can explain it... A Wizard (Owner) did it! :V
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Loving the cameo by Philip and Shoutarou, W is my favourite rider and seeing them was a brilliant surprise.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

Totally conflicted, this movie was so full of nostalgia and remembrances. I recently went back to some of my Kikaida Subtitles on DVD and kinda was like, "Ahhh, when I was a kid, that was so cool!" Now it was like, "Boy was it cheesy!" Still, I remember some of the old groups, the Kamen Rider Squad (with those ridiculous outfits, I actually suppressed them from my memory... thanks for the trauma...) To seeing the guys I actually recognize and then some.

Here the plot was a bit poorly written, still it was a bit interesting how they drew things together. Granted there were some plot holes. I enjoyed seeing the old 1 and 2 working together since I remember watching them when I was a kid. Made me remember some of the old things, how V3 had them as mentors, and when V3 was mentor/rival of Riderman. What really got to me was the 'other heroes of justice'. Brought a tear to my eye when I saw Kikaida, Kikaida 01, and Inazuman. (Although I would have loved to see Inzuman in his 'cocoon form' and then enter 'moth form'.) I wish they had more screen time and more fighting, coming up on the screen and just doing the finishing moves was a let down.

Don't know what to think of it, I enjoyed the nostalgia, but the plot was weak and confusing. I'm used to a "Dr Who" way of thinking of time travel and not the "Den-O" way of time travel. Still takes a little for me to think of 'time as a memory'.

Although, I did love seeing Phillip and Shoutaro again. I still feel there should be more W. I kinda wish he had switched some gaia memories around also.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

sentaidragon wrote:so many illogical things in this movie...
why can a child remember things 40 years ago at the start? and he's the father of his friend? wtf?
i saw all kamen rider movies but... where's ryotaro? is he now in his normal form? and since when can the imagin-tachi exist outside the den-liner without a contractor? and momotaros can do a henshin by himself??? did i miss something???
I'm fairly certain it was established in the Den-O movies that the imagin can henshin on their own. I know Momo's done it before.
and in the end eji and ankh are left in this shocker-ruled-universe... not in their own... so... can somebody explain? i don't get it... o.O
That was my biggest problem. In the end, they're left in this alternate timeline. But then I realized that this movie doesn't even attempt to fit into continuity. If you look at it as just an anniversary movie, then it's quite good.

Perhaps time would work itself out somehow. After all, the other riders exist, so SOMETHING must have changed.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Not just the movies. Imagin have been hensinning on their own since at least episode 48.

I've been wondering why I'm not even half as fazed by all of these temporal shenanigans as the rest of you people.

Then I remember I'm actually used to worse. Like Doctor Who, or the temporal paradoxical clusterfuck that is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Where one guy erased himself from the timeline which messed up everything so royally that the universe itself had a massive brain fart and had to make another guy out of nowhere to fill in the void, just to be able to make sense of it all. Oh and then there's the cloned guy whose father is his clone. I mean wtf. This movie's stuff isn't even half as confusing.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

Dengar wrote: Then I remember I'm actually used to worse. Like Doctor Who, or the temporal paradoxical clusterfuck that is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Where one guy erased himself from the timeline which messed up everything so royally that the universe itself had a massive brain fart and had to make another guy out of nowhere to fill in the void, just to be able to make sense of it all. Oh and then there's the cloned guy whose father is his clone. I mean wtf. This movie's stuff isn't even half as confusing.
Yeah, I'm reading a lot of the posts but it's not as confusing as some other series that deals with time. The ending was a little confusing I agree, but here's my theory

"time is linear" so the reason why Naoki has memories of 40 years ago is because everything that happened in the movie that leads up to the end is because he's going to become someone who'll live from 40 years ago because in theory, "it already happened"....I don't remember much from Den-O and I'm sure there are some things that'll disprove my theory wrong but this movie is not canon so it's okay.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

My theory on stuffs:

Why Naoki has memories from 40 years ago in the present? Perhaps Toei's idea of time-traveling allows two instances of the same individual to exist in the same universe as long as they don't disrupt each other's fate. Think of what Kaido did in the Den-O extra movies. If this theory holds, Mitsuru's father might actually just be Naoki from the past, which made him a tokusatsu John Connor.

Are Eiji and Ankh stuck in the post-Shocker universe, if old Naoki exists? I think I got a brain failure thinking this out. With their past a big mess, I wonder if they could fix that just like how they did with Den-O series...

That said, here's my reaction throughout the movie...
Shadowmoon! Why are you stuck being a watchman on the execution site, when you should be attending the meeting like a boss instead of that random Golgom priest!? For real, you're the "king", he's just your attendant!

For someone being easily spotted in the room, you didn't mutter a word of wisdom, Jubei! Or were you afraid someone might find out that you're just a human with some tools?

And where was the representative from a phone company!?

And hey, Kamen Rider Scissors finally did something good by destroying misterbiggiewhoJshouldjustgrowintoagianttofightwith! So did Ouja, and Gai.

Oh King Dark, why were you even there?

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”