Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 38 released

Post by takenoko »

Man, that was a cool GokaiBlue fight. Unmasked and it's not even the last episode. Unmasked and in-suit is so cool!

Why does Sid get two eyes in death? Is this like Anakin being young again as a ghost?!

Interesting that Marvelous' death scene is all white, while Joe's is all black.

Oh hey, theme song. Nice.

LOL, a flying fist attack. Classic.

Whoa at the scene of destruction at the end. You just assume that the bad guy blows up into harmless dust or something. Can you imagine the clean up it takes to get rid of every giant monster of the week that dies in Japan?

Edit: It's kind of surprising how many levels the bad guy relationship goes. You have Waruzu thinking Damarasu is a dick, but then at the end, you see Damarasu being enraged as he carries Waruzu's body out. Then you have Barizorg who assumes Waruzu wouldn't give his life for him, but at the end, Waruzu dies avenging the guy. Even though they're usually cartoonish villains, it's kind of nice when they're not two-dimensional.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokai 38 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Interesting that Marvelous' death scene is all white, while Joe's is all black.
>>> My guess is that Joe/Sid's scene is black, cause Sid's dead already. Whereas in Marvelous/AkaRed's case, AkaRed is most probably still alive. I mean, he can't be dead. I mean, when Marvelous asks "Am I dead?", AkaRed doesn't give any reply. Also, he's too cool to die. ><

Whoa at the scene of destruction at the end. You just assume that the bad guy blows up into harmless dust or something. Can you imagine the clean up it takes to get rid of every giant monster of the week that dies in Japan?
>>> Wait till you throw in the days Ultraman and Kamen Rider kick monster ass as well. Now that would be a lot of cleaning up to do. I guess a machine like the Great Waruzu can't just disintegrate into harmless dust or colourful sparkles. Maybe there's a special clean-up crew for dead monsters, like how there are clean-up crews for people who jump onto railway tracks in Japan. Apparently the 'clean-up crews' of the dead bodies of railway jumpers are really good at their job. So maybe there's one for dead monsters as well.

On a side note, it made sense to kill off both Waruzu and Barizorg in the same episode. They share a sort of symbiotic relationship. Waruzu did mention that "I'm alone if you aren't around." in the previous episode. (No homo!) While Barizorg is a blind follower to Waruzu. I can't imagine Barizorg serving under say Damarasu.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

GokaiBlue's armor melting away was an awesome moment. Not only was it pretty neat visually, it also means that the last thing that Barizorg saw was Joe's face. Nice resolution.

I don't think Sid was ever missing an eye. Joe wore that eyepatch/visor in the flashbacks as well, so I think it was just part of the uniform for the human soldiers.

Joe’s battle make-up bugs me. They can create cuts, scrapes, and bruises all they want, but you can’t convince me that Joe wouldn’t try and wipe away blood trailing the entire length of his face by the time he met up with the rest of the team.

I think that’s the first time we’ve seen Marvelous steer GokaiGalleon without being GokaiRed.

Kanzen Gokai-Ou is actually pretty neat. Seems like it's got plenty of firepower. (Although it doesn't look like it can walk.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Definitely had a moment of "Really? They're using an Engine Soul for their ultimate form? Really? Really?" Not that it doesn't look cool, but it kinda feels like they couldn't think of anything else so they just fell back on an old standby.

I still can't listen to any of AkaRed's lines without imagining them being spoken by Tuxedo Mask.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I keep thinking Amuro Ray and Casshern instead of Tuxedo Mask for AkaRed. Besides being unable to walk (ie G12) and its weird fist that doesn't form a complete fist, I like the design of Kanzen Gokai-Ou. Joe being badass was awesome especially unsuited Joe. This Joe will get an awesome yell if he ever dies.

I always thought Damarasu.hated Wazuru since he was so much more capable than he was but I guess he's more like the loyal servant that care for his master very much. I loved the GokaiGalleon being shown in Damarasu's left eye.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

well, i called the gokaiger's grand power last week. of course, it was one among several ideas, so does it really count?
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Quick note: that's not a fist. Kanzen GokaiOh's got the same hand as GokaiOh there, but it's wearing a knuckle duster crudely fashioned from Machalcon's exhaust. Which is a pirate weapon that I consider woefully under-represented.

I loved the conclusion of Sid's arc and Joe's suit breakdown. Marvelous returning to the Ranger Key Rift (the Planetary Bookshelves minus the books?) was a good way for him to resolve his leadership issues. Navi was just adorable throughout it all. I think she might be my favourite "Sentai robot helper" now.

Damaras never really liked the prince, but I guess it's like a babysitter learning that a bratty kid he watches over just got run over by a car. Even a really annoying person doesn't deserve to die.

I thought that their Grand Power was just GokaiOh before. This makes more sense. Since Machalcon and Gai are true members of the crew, the true Gokaiger Grand Power would have to incorporate them. I suppose this means that the crew's complete now. I wonder how this Engine Soul and Machalcon's work with the Go-Onger toys! *ebayebayebay*
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

35 years of Sentai. God knows how many of combining robots in the series.

And the ultimate finishing attack of this robot is a rocket punch.

Looks like Mazinger is far more technologically advanced then I thought.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I've been eagerly waiting for this episode before I could post this without spoilers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XdfCzcZPg
Sadly, the transformation in the video isn't perfect because you are supposed to detach the hanging flap from GokaiGalleon on the torso and slide that piece into the small cavity below the chest.

I think Kanzen Gokai-Oh looks pretty cool. It may not be able to walk normally but the wheels on the feet let it skate across the ground. I loved how everyone was spinning the ship wheels in unison to do a u-turn after dashing past Great Waruzu with an attack.
Last edited by Arigomi on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Very entertaining episode.

1st- have bad guys celebrating their victory after so many defeats.
2nd- White Death tends to mean rebirth or life. Cue Marvelous being alive. *AkaRed alive as well and show up in final episode???*
3rd- Black Death for already dead Sid-senpai. During the fight, very cool how the helmet explodes off of Joe's head and then the spandex always goes away has the manly yell reflects the power attack. Like the saying goes, to cut a diamond, use a diamond.
4th- Engine Soul from GouJyuJin and Gokai-Oh? Meh, could have been better, but oh well, when dealing with the Engines, that is to be expected.
5th- Kenzan Gokai-Oh looks impressive. I will say that it pulls off the sword-in-hat
Spoiler
MUCH MUCH better than Kajiki Shinken-Oh *the one with the sword fist*

Next Episode looks to be enter...
Spoiler
NOOOOOOOOO! NOT HIM AGAIN!!! GO AWAY TO WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING! JUST GO AWAY!!

Also, the movie... Can someone explain to me this Space Sheriff guy? I never heard of him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Watch more Metal Heroes.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Catastrophe wrote:Watch more Metal Heroes.
that was the franchise that they used to make VR Troopers, wasn't it?
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Watch more Metal Heroes.
that was the franchise that they used to make VR Troopers, wasn't it?
Yes it was.

I really enjoyed this episode. It seemed that the team finally came into their own as a sentai. They were really cool before but I always felt that they really couldn't have done too much without the help of the other sentai's powers. After this episode I feel that they could be Zangyaku unsuited if they had too and I think that is just awesome. Toei has really done a great job with this series. I'm not sure if I should be excited for what may come next year or sad that all too soon we will be saying goodbye to our awesome pirate team...
Irish Ranger
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Irish Ranger »

I am definitely going to miss Gokaiger when it ends. I love this show.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Like always this episode was a great conclusion to the Walz Gil and Barizorg arc and I thought they did it perfectly. Although I don't seem to notice Damarasu as much as Insaan and Barizorg, I wonder if he has a hidden agenda behind all this.
The Barizorg vs Joe fight was great and the speech from Cid to Joe was emotional... gosh Cid's actor needs a major role next Sentai!
I loved the Complete Gokai-Oh it was amazing but I guess it may be painful for Machalacon (MachFalcon) to split up and connect itself into Gokai-Oh
Gosh the water works keep on coming through out this episode. What I love most is the chemistry between the cast members... its perfect! The group pose is great as well... I was laughing at Don's xD

Preview
Spoiler
I actually tried to read the newspaper! ROFL... I guess English is an Alien language as well! But yes a MegaRanger Tribute... I need to watch this series, it looks really promising (INSTALL! MEGARANGER!).
On another note... Don with glasses xD

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”