Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: Gokai 40 released

Post by archer9234 »

[quote="TBustah!"]Did Gai forget that he has superpowers in that first scene? If he was worried about someone or something dangerous being in the cockpit of Gozyujin, why didn't he heshin first? Or at least grab a weapon, there's no shortage on board...

But then, we wouldn't see him unhenshined in the cockpit, which was interesting.

I guess Gai's knowledge of Super Sentai isn't perfect, since he didn't recognize the Time Emblem. I don't think this was a case of him forgetting (like he seemed to with "AbaPink", I think he probably knew of her but forgot about her, because he seemed to remember later), since the Time Emblem is a pretty prominent piece of the Timerangers' arsenal. It could be that only some of this stuff is common knowledge in the Gokaiger universe, and that there was really no way for Gai to have recognized it.
[qoute\]

He should recognize it. Especially when Gokaigers use the Press Refreezer capsule on the monster. The Time Badge is used to activate the capsule. But knowing Gai. He wasn't paying attention.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Digifiend wrote:
Silent_X wrote:Only thing that would have made it better would be if they also explained how the Goseigers showed up in the Shinkenger vs Go-onger movie.
No need. Goseiger was established as already active before the start of their series. We just join them when they first meet Nozomu.
Goseiger Spoilers?
Spoiler
But they were not really a team before that, and shouldn't Hyde's partner have still been alive then?

Yeah, it is not as big of a deal as the Gokaigers' cameo, but I think it would have been amusing if they did try to explain it.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I seriously doubt Gai, who wrote encyclopedias for the Gokaiger to read, wouldn't recognize the Timeranger logo. It's more likely he was confused why it was sitting in his chair. GouJyuDrill had just crossed time on its own, after all.

It's a little odd that Domon didn't go back in person. He's probably not allowed to unless in pursuit of a criminal, so I wonder if him sending the message was his own secret idea since he was deliberately altering the past, which is against the rules.

Next episode,
Spoiler
Domon is executed for crimes against the timestream! Judge Akaza Banban CLXXVIII presiding.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

Silent_X wrote:Goseiger Spoilers?
Spoiler
But they were not really a team before that, and shouldn't Hyde's partner have still been alive then?

Yeah, it is not as big of a deal as the Gokaigers' cameo, but I think it would have been amusing if they did try to explain it.
Spoiler
Maybe he was busy shopping while the others went to investigate what was going on?
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

JumperPrime wrote:
Silent_X wrote:Goseiger Spoilers?
Spoiler

Spoiler
Maybe he was busy shopping while the others went to investigate what was going on?
Spoiler
Or perhaps he simply was already death? Was it ever explicitly stated when exactly Magis died

So many BGMs with lyrics, anyone know the titles/whether they've already been released in full?

On the preview:

Spoiler
So we finally got to see Gill Sr? I was so convinced at first "Warz" was the family name and as such the Great Warz made more sense to me...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

great episode with wonderful story arc overthere. I never know who is the girl Honami was, and it required a wikipedia to show me the missing link.

Luka must be thinking hard how to maximalized her time travel experienced and too hesitated to ask for more lottery number...lol.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

This episode was great (as all the other episodes are). It was great how the writers actually linked time travel so they could make their cameo on Shinkenger vs Goseiger make sense. Really liked Domon's appearance here and even though he was shown in 3 scenes the fact that he was able to see his own child was heartbreaking.

Preview (since it is barely talked about in this Thread because of Ninjaman)
Spoiler
I have seen this episode RAW yesterday since I couldn't resist but yeah great to see that we have another Ahim episode since she gets the short end of the stick in terms of episodes centred around her.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Dreamy: Wakana
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

Barim wrote:
Spoiler
Or perhaps he simply was already death? Was it ever explicitly stated when exactly Magis died

So many BGMs with lyrics, anyone know the titles/whether they've already been released in full?

On the preview:

Spoiler
So we finally got to see Gill Sr? I was so convinced at first "Warz" was the family name and as such the Great Warz made more sense to me...
Regarding the Goseiger connection

Spoiler
I got the impression that Magis was killed around the same time the Tower of Heaven got blown up at the start of Goseiger episode 1
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Great episode.

I would've LOL'd hard if Marvelous still said, "Looks like this is a movie" instead of "Since we've come all the way to the past." Still would've made sense!

Gotta love that group Timeranger henshin too -- now in HD!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Silent_X wrote: Maybe we could get a V-cinema, or multiple V-cinemas, for the tributes they can't fit in the series?
(With appearances from GokaiFire!)
True enough, but don't sentai v-cinemas usually do something different than what they do on the show? A tribute would just be business as usual, unless maybe they did a few at once. That'd be pretty cool, actually, so long as they wrote it so that it doesn't just feel cobbled together.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, just that it's not usually the sort of thing they do with these things. V-cinemas are usually used to introduce new characters, and upping the ante as far as what's at stake.

I actually just realized something. The facts have been staring at me right in the face, but I only just now put them all together: not only is Zyuranger the only one of the three shows which Gai's mecha represents that has yet to be fully tributed, it's the only show of the last 20 years that's yet to be tributed!:

Jetman: Episode 28
Zyuranger: Zilch (so far)
Dairanger: Episode 33
Kakuranger:
Spoiler
As we've all discussed, probably on the way.

Ohranger: Episode 31
Carranger: Episode 14
Megaranger: Episode 39
Gingaman: Episode 20
GoGoV: Episode 23
Timeranger: Episode 40
Gaoranger: Episode 9
Hurricanger: Episodes 25 and 26
Abaranger: Episode 29
Dekaranger: Episode 5
Magiranger: Episode 3
Boukenger: Episode 21
Gekiranger: Episode 7
Go-Onger: Episodes 35 and 36
Shinkenger: Episodes 11 and 12
Goseiger: 199 Hero (maybe not a tribute in the usual sense, but I'd say it more than counts since it features all the Goseigers)

While I worry about the fact that we're down to about 10 episodes or so left, this revelation gives me a feeling that Zyuranger probably won't get the axe. I mean, Japan HATED Ohranger (it even almost killed Super Sentai), but it still got a tribute. Why not Zyuranger? The fact that they've waited this long may even mean that they have something epic planned for it. :)

toni2212 wrote:Maybe his knowledge about Super Sentai is only from the Monster's Victim point of view. Unlike us, who had knowledge about everything due to watching it from every POV, Gai's limited to his observation of the heroes by himself. he doesn't recognise Bomper right? eventhough Bomper is practically Go-Onger's navigation robot. makes sense since Bomper rarely joins in the fight with Go-Onger

In Timeranger's case, maybe Gai is too young to remember about the Time Emblem, but still recognizes Timeranger.
Well, that was basically my implication as to why his knowledge isn't as compete as ours. He would only have eyewitness accounts and new reports to go on. Unless, as some have speculated, there exist Super Sentai comics within the universe, just as some heroes have their own comics within the DC Universe.

However, the Time Rangers used the badges (in battle) quite often. Bomper, who (as you said) never showed up, isn't really a good comparison.

But the age thing... that's true. Operating on the assumption that Gai is 18-19, the same age as his actor, he would have only been 7-8 when the Timerangers fought.

On the other hand, he knew that Joe skateboarded in Liveman. That's a pretty minor detail from an older show. Gai said it himself, they fought before he was even born.

I guess his knowledge/memory can, in general, be described as "selective". Not unbelievably so, necessarily, but he seems to remember some stuff that most people wouldn't, and doesn't know about some things you'd think he would.

Like (Yuki) Gai's death. He knew that Raita sells his vegetables online, but didn't know that the Jetman who shared his given name was stabbed in the frickin' stomach? That's a pretty big deal.
Last edited by TBustah! on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

This was an awesome episode. Really loved the fact that they explained how the Gokaigers had the Ranger Keys in Goseiger vs. Shinkenger by making the episode the Timeranger tribute.

My thoughts on the next episode:
Spoiler
Finally, a different Gokaiger pulling the trigger of the Buster...should be interesting!

Short random note:
In the ending credits when it shows everyone with Ranger Keys floating around them. If you look hard enough you can see the Battle France Ranger Key in all 5 scenes...I just now noticed it and thought it was interesting.
Last edited by DevGryphon on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Been a forum lurker for awhile, finally decided to make a account on here to give my thoughts.

YES!!!!!!!

Timeranger is my all time favorite Sentai, and oh boy did they not disappoint! I've seen the entire series, so I know most of the references that I caught.

Timeranger Spoilers:

Spoiler
First off is when they looked up the destruction of the shrine, the news article is from Tomorrow Research, which was the business the Timerangers start during their stay in the year 2000.

What I loved about Domon's son, is that he wears a vest just like what his mom wore in the season. I dunno if it was a nod, or a cowinkydink, but the kid's vest was blue, which could reference the fact that in Timeranger, Honami mistakenly thought that TimeYellow was Ayase(TimeBlue). infact she crushed on Ayase for while because she thought that he was the one who saved her.

YES, TimeRanger theme song!

Loved it when Gai said "Time up!", that me go into a total Fanboy squeal

The end where Domon found out that he had a son literally brought a tear to my eye. It might not mean much for some people, but as a fan of TimeRanger, and who has seen all the Episodes, I could not have been more happy, yet so sad at the same time.
ryuukhang
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: Nantoka naru

Post by ryuukhang »

Always been a lurker but finally made an account because this episode tying in Gokaiger with Goseiger vs Shinkenger was awesome.

Spoiler
That being said, I did find a large plot hole. Why was Alice there? Chimatsuri no Buredoran was created after Burajira was already defeated and fell into the Sanzu River, which means the Matorintis have already been defeated. Therefore, Metal Alice should have been killed already by Robogog. So how was Alice alive again? Or was the vs take place between Yuu Majuu and Matorintis arcs?
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

ryuukhang wrote:Always been a lurker but finally made an account because this episode tying in Gokaiger with Goseiger vs Shinkenger was awesome.

Spoiler
That being said, I did find a large plot hole. Why was Alice there? Chimatsuri no Buredoran was created after Burajira was already defeated and fell into the Sanzu River, which means the Matorintis have already been defeated. Therefore, Metal Alice should have been killed already by Robogog. So how was Alice alive again? Or was the vs take place between Yuu Majuu and Matorintis arcs?
It is implied that Goseiger vs Shinkenger happened sometime between the defeat of YuuMajuu and the emergence of the Matorintis. Chimatsuri no Buredoran is born after the YuuMajuu's Buredoran is defeated and fell to despair (aka the origin of Ayakashi, watch how YuuMajuu's Buredoran getting betrayed by his boss). By that time, the Matorintis just emerged, which means that is the first Metal Alice's appearance.
blakeFYD

Post by blakeFYD »

gyozilla wrote:I liked that it wasn't just a regular tribute with references to one series; it tied together multiple ones and really showed it's all one big continuous family series and teams are looking out for each other. And then even sets up the plot point for the next tribute, no less. Makes it feel like the writers knew from the beginning that the TimeRanger tribute would have to tie in stuff from other sentai.

It's also pretty cool since Domon's descendants might exist in his own time.
I agree that it's a sweet sentiment, but if we think about this it might end up being a Futurama scenario where Domon has just created his own ancestor...
Why so serious?

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”