Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 20 released

Post by takenoko »

/me plays a creepy Zelda refrain.
Welcome the Lost Forest. I liked their reaction to Marvelous and Gai running into them from the other side.

The summoning thing still weirds me out. It's like "why would DekaMaster and MagiMother be working for Basco? He's a dick." That's the whole problem with the DiEnd summoning stuff. With Gokaiger and Decade, you know who they are inside. With the summon character, it's just an empty shell that's in the form of something you like. That comes off as super unsatisfying. Plus there were times in Decade where I think that DiEnd's summons turned out to be the actual original membmers or something. It just gets messy as a mechanic.

Oh Don. Don Donuts. As usual you're my favorite for the amusing fighting scenes.

Wow, that guy who carried them in the river sure looks old.

Marvelous shows off his awesomeness factor again.

Poor Hyuuga, getting shoved around like a comedy character like Don.

I kind of wish Gai's cellular did something different. If it's a different system, let it do something different.

Is Ryouma the younger brother? Man, Hyuuga looks a lot young. It'd be funny if Ryouma didn't want anything to do with the space pirates, the way a grandfather who fought in WWII wouldn't want anything to do with Japanese or something.

Kind of bothers me a little that they don't explain how Basco found the Lost Forest before the Gokaigers. It's nice that they gave his trumpet the ability to steal Grand Powers, that way it's no longer a guaranteed thing that the Gokaigers will obtain them. But a lot of it comes off as, "we need conflict, let's put all these features in this guy." You know, all thrown together.

Preview
Spoiler
Another guest episode? Sweet, Boukenger! Kind of makes me think of this t-shirt! We are pirates, we get treasure!

Trivia:
Moonroid Tsukki ムーンロイド ツッキー
Obviously tsuki is the Japanese word for "moon"
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokaiger 20 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I liked how Marvelous was protecting the donut in his hand when they first heard the weird noises. And how Doc was holding the donut box while fighting. That was pretty funny.

So they didn't get new Ranger Keys from Basco... Well, makes sense, or else they'd write Basco off the show real quick each time he summons new guys. Why do I get the feeling that Basco would come with some Grand Powers later on in the show?

Since I haven't watched Gingaman, is that the Gingaman theme song when they transformed into the Gingamen? I wonder what the Gingaman power is, since they haven't showed it. Hey, we had a lame and useless power for CarRangers, but nothing other than a glowing key for Gingaman?

Preview
Spoiler
Damn it, now I want next week to come quickly.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised to see Basco has more toys like the gun he used to shoot at Hyuuga and Gai.

For a while, I thought Hyuuga was just one of Basco's summons in a different form and that it was all a trap set by Basco. In hindsight, there are problems with this idea. This is Basco's first time meeting Gai so he doesn't know enough about Gai's weaknesses for such subtle a trap. Even the other Gokaigers are still getting acquainted with Gai. I also doubt that Basco knows enough about Gingaman to create a convincing imitation of Hyuuga.
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

I sort of kept refreshing your homepage for 2 days straight, waiting for you guys to upload episode 20, and I wait is over, thanks!

The scene when they were already thinking that they were walking in circles was already there, but then Marvelous and Don suddenly appeared from the right side, that was funny!

Basco is persistant, and they showed more of his evil part, trying to force the Grand Power out of Hyuuga.

I guess since Gai was the new person, they needed to have him acquire the Grand Power, and so Ryoma was just support.

...Hey, how come the donuts didn't get ruined...? nvrmnd...

For next episode:
Spoiler
We might hear Akashi go, "Attack!" and then *snaps fingers*
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess that means that with Hyuuga appearing that we won't get a Kakuranger appearance. Lame.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Basco reminds me of a more annoying version of Kaitou/DiEnd and a more smug Kusaka/Kaixa combined. That "nyeh-nyeh" attitude of his somehow always sets my POed meter off...
RedDinoTF
Infinity
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Decade
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Henshin!
Quote: Torigusa no Kamen Rider da, Oboetoke
Jigoku no soko made akuma to ainori shite kure

Post by RedDinoTF »

Isn,t it just me or we had a sense of deja vu with the Tch of Basco.

One of my favorite moment was with Gokaired when he fought sally, turn around where Basco and shot Sally from behind
Series completed: Dekaranger, magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Buster, Kyoryuuger Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard Gaim
Series I'm watching: Garo, Toqger
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

...I don't still have the pic from boukenger where someone said "be quiet black guy, I do what I want." In lieu of that, this.
takenoko wrote:Plus there were times in Decade where I think that DiEnd's summons turned out to be the actual original membmers or something. It just gets messy as a mechanic.
The only time you saw someone's face from that, said one time making 1/3 of the proper cameos in the series was....oh. Of course. I remember where I last had a need for that thing now. *digs up*
Catastrophe wrote:I guess that means that with Hyuuga appearing that we won't get a Kakuranger appearance. Lame.
Yes, because.....hyuuga rhymes with fuuma. Fuuma no kojirou was a show about pretty male ninjas fighting to death over high school sports. The american version of kakuranger included aliens who briefly replaced high school students who briefly dressed like ninjas in a mostly out-of-canon movie. So of course this all makes sense.

...I was expecting to stretch that further. Ah, well.

...I was also expecting hyuuga to say the rumble is back when he started shaking from the trumpet.

Obviously it wasn't the gingaman theme playing but the gangan gingin giro man theme. Which will surely be played in each episode from hereon in.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Catastrophe wrote:I guess that means that with Hyuuga appearing that we won't get a Kakuranger appearance. Lame.
Why? Just because Hyuuga and Sasuke have the same actor? No reason they can't bring him back as that character as well, or use another Kakuranger instead. It wouldn't be the first time two characters have been played by the same actor in a show.

It'd probably mean we'd be more likely to get a Kakuranger episode since they know one of the actors is probably willing to come back for it (as they have already).
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm glad I didn't bet that the episode where the core team used the Gingaman specialty attacks was the Gingaman tribute, because I would have lost big time. Looks we got another multiple guest appearance. I'll admit that I'm not that familiar with Gingaman, but Ryouma is the first returning sentai actor I’ve seen that does not appear to have aged well.

I've come to the conclusion that the BGM playing when Marvelous admits that he's not smart since he became a pirate to chase his dream (and probably a dozen other times in the series so far) can instantly make a scene awesome. Love that music.

Practically speaking, I think the Gokaigers need to be more cautious about guarding their backs from attacks than whoever is in front of them when Basco's around. A surprise attack is only a surprise if you're not expecting it, and since Basco always goes for the surprise attack they should be expecting it now.

Doc getting freaked out by Gai pulling the picture book out of nowhere was pretty amusing. But geez, Gai! You didn’t have to knock down the injured guy in order to grab the Cellular first! For someone so familiar with super sentai, you should have realized that he was just testing you.

Preview:
Spoiler
CHIEFU! *squee*
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

Loved this episode.

- Luka wanting to hit Gai, andNavi flying into him
- Gai pulling a picture book from out of nowhere and Dc wondering where it came from
- "Dunno" and the reactions of the others
- Marvelous and Doc running running into the othrs in the forest
- PROTECT THE DONUTS!!!
- Doc hitting Gai with the box of donuts
- WTF is Gai doing there?! (after Doc hit him with the box of donuts)
- Doc fighting while he keeps holding the box of donuts
- It feels like it has been a whil snce they did the weapon switch
- Hmmmmmmm... soggy donuts

Preview:
Spoiler
So the next episode is also a tribute episode? Hmm... I've been planning to watch Boukenger fo a while. Maybe the next episode will get me that far to actually start watching it.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Black really felt like a punching bag, through out the episode. I'm still pissed when they showed him using the celllular in the preview. I would of thought he get over using Black Knight's powers. It's been a long time... Let it go already. The Gokai Cellular is a bad toy over all. It has no other functions besides Change, Gold mode, and way less sound bonuses. So the show can't do much with it. I love when the doughnuts are on top of Don's head. Don has some special magic suit.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Really? The Gingaman hates space pirates, and the only thing that's going to prevent them from attacking the Gokaiger is donuts?
Really?
Spoiler
Don-san, your brain is a Precious, mind if you let Akashi collects it too? :lol:

All jokes aside, wonder what the Gingaman's Grand Power will be?

And Marvelous-san, you are truly a pirate to the heart, shooting a steel monkey while looking away. That's what we call a BADASS!!!

Spoiler
Where is your lovely signature 'Attack!' *snaps finger*? And I kinda missed the cute Sakura-san. maybe it's a good time to rewatch Boukenger.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

lonegamer7 wrote:Basco reminds me of a more annoying version of Kaitou/DiEnd and a more smug Kusaka/Kaixa combined. That "nyeh-nyeh" attitude of his somehow always sets my POed meter off...
Off-topic spoilier:
Spoiler
We can only hope he meets a similar fate as Kusaka with the arrogance.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Ryouma's aging is part of why this show is so exciting! The really old guys are one thing, I expect AkaRanger to be ancient, but it's all these guys in the middle somewhere, like Red Racer and oh god Red Falcon again please, who are dubiously aged and not quite sane looking.

As for what the Gingaman Grand Power is, at a guess it's something else for GouJyuJin. Maybe a special weapon or support mecha.

I can't wait to see these guys completely mess up and Basco finally gets a Grand Power for himself. He can have the Fiveman power, it's probably just going to let him teach math better or something.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”