Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 23 released

Post by takenoko »

Huh, guess I didn't make a release thread for this as I was translating?

Sooo... what happened last week. Such a busy week for us, you know.

Guess I can comment on a few things. Kyknos is the Greek word for "Swan". That's where the word Cygnus comes from.

The phrase "A small deed is a big nuisance" was really hard to get our head's around.
小さな親切大きなお世話 Chiisa na shinsetsu ooki na o-sewa. The shinsetsu here actually means "kindness" which we translated to "deed". And Osewa is like meddling, being a nuisance.

Basically how it's used is, someone is doing you a favor, but it's meddlesome or annoying or unwanted. That's when you would say that. It's like "Thanks, but no thanks". It's just a way of expressing annoyance.

For Kyknos, he's sort of using it as his catchphrase to show his annoyance at the things that criminals are doing. But even though it's a bother, he's a hero so he'll always come despite that.
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Re: KR Fourze 23 released

Post by Ximara »

So I've pretty much decided that the Giant Foot switch will have something to do with Cancer's demise. It's just a hunch though since in the actual myth Cancer was crushed by Heracles'...well...Giant Foot.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really like this episode especially with the interaction between Nozuma and Ryuusei. It was good that Nozuma ties the Ugly Duckings Club to her previous experience with being in the cult. It was fitting that Giant Step was playing when Fourze was using Giant Foot.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Hey, that abandoned hiding place for the Ugly Ducklings looks awfully familiar.

Took me a while to wrap my mind around the rakugo there. "How is a marathon runner like a bent tree?" Well, since pillars are straight and therefore you can't make a bent tree into a pillar..."Got to run/Can't be a pillar". Oh puns.

It's nice they got an actual dancer to do the whole Swan Lake thing, even if she's not a ballerina, wikipedia informs me that Toriizaki Misa's actress, Asano Kaya has 8 years of experience with jazz dancing and got 3rd place in a national dance competition.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Plus she's really pretty.
Ximara wrote:So I've pretty much decided that the Giant Foot switch will have something to do with Cancer's demise. It's just a hunch though since in the actual myth Cancer was crushed by Heracles'...well...Giant Foot.
I did not know that. And I thought they were just running out of ideas for Switch powers XD. Learn something everyday.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Lunagel wrote:Hey, that abandoned hiding place for the Ugly Ducklings looks awfully familiar.
Indeed, very familiar with it. Just missing a few probes.

Back to the episode. A great episode, Cancer really become a threat. And when Cancer told Libra that they are fellow officer/commander, stop ordering him around, it's priceless. There's gonna be a big clash IMO between those two. BTW, thanks for the info about the myth. Same here with Take, thought they ran out of idea with switches.

And... Kyknos with twisted mind. That's really a bothersome. I think we'll see this kind of character again from series to series. And such a coward to treat a girl as his/her shield. It's good to see that Ryuusei keep in touch with Tachibana, and being told that there's no such thing as good Zodiart. And he's right, atm.

That's my thought for this episode. Owh, and welcome back TN. Thanks for the episode.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
KRManeki
Favorite series: Fourze Gokaiger DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger & OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Rolling Stones
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kingdom Hearts
Quote: I am Kamen Rider Maneki, my luck NEVER runs out!!!

Post by KRManeki »

I was surprised that the new foodriod (forgot its name) could act like a min-helicopter.
/Users/chrisandteenaladd/Desktop/images.jpeg
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Oh, Leo finally showed up. Only took almost half the series!

Gentarou got a 4 out of 100 on his test, he must have only gotten his name correct ;___;
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

>see the site's back up.

oh, goodie. i can make my Sieg joke.

>see Sieg used on the front page.

dang it.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Interesting episode. And it matches what the TV-Nihon staff put on the front page.

Oh, my head hurts just thinking of "Cynus Wing" killed me so many times in "Ryusei no Rockman", blasted birds!

That aside, it was a nice to see that Mr. Red-Eyes ISN"T Leo. Blows my theory out the window. And emptied my bladder when they showed his face. *I was watching in a dark room.* Seeing Virgo was one thing *going to kick myself in the ass if she's a he*, but to show the close up of Leo's pearly whites: whew, nightmare fuel.

I will give props to Cancer. Talking back to a person who until the other day was 'superior' to you and telling him your 'equals' must have been fun for him and ego-piercing for Libra. LOL

Next Episode seems nice.

Side-Note: Is Amagawa High School close to Fuuto?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

omg I just noticed that the ugly swan club used to be the narumi detective agency!!
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

awesome episode! I also realised they skipped a switch lol.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

the odd thing is, and i have no idea why, i see Nozoma as the Swan zodiarts.
But please, please, please, PLEASE, don't make Nozoma x Meteor. PLEASE. the main Rider could have a love interest from time to time, you know? we already have Zeronos, Ixa and Accel married. a main rider with a girlfriend that doesn't die in the middle of the show(or disappear in episode 14) could be nice for once(well, we have Decade, but nothing came from it)
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

When Kyknos appeared and did his speech I immediately had the realization "some of these lines are usually said by Sailor Moon." Hero of Love and Justice? That's a girl, one who likes her magical girl manga at that.
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

dancercotillion wrote:Oh, Leo finally showed up. Only took almost half the series!
I don't know if I hate or love the fact that there's just this other Horoscope who's just... there. xD

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”