Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Super Hero Taisen released

Post by takenoko »

It was fun enough. There was just so much going on that all of it is kind of a blur to me. I kind of wish they had a few more interesting character interactions, you know, like the Avengers did. It's an unfair comparison, but it's hard not to make it.

Joe really blew me away this time. He was really great as the character who felt most conflicted about where his loyalties belonged. On the flip side, Daiki had some really cool moments at the beginning, but it seemed really dumb to me that he was the one who ended up piloting the bad guy's mecha.

The mecha was pretty lame too. It only took four people to defeat it, but this was the thing that required the big scheme to gather all the Kamen Riders and Sentai members? Yeah I know, these sort of movies don't hold up to any sort of logical scrutiny. But still, I kind of wish more thought was put into these things. I guess it's easier to go "It was a big scam that Decade and GokaiRed was in on the whole time" than "Let's write a story where there were any sort of consequence".

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Super Hero Taisen released

Post by Lunagel »

When I first saw the commercial for this and saw Kabuto going against Red Buster I knew that there was no way in hell Red Buster should win. Since it was Decade and not actual Kabuto, I maintain that Tendou Motherfukkin Souji would beat the pants off Hiromu any day.

Plot was pretty weak, not really surprising. Joe seemed to get a rather inordinate amount of screen time. I don't really understand Daiki's motivations here. Did Tsubasa dump him or something?

When I saw this in the theater there was actual clapping when Narutaki said "ONORE DIKEIDOOO". No lie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm surprised they didn't pull in Sakamoto Koichi to do the effects here. Given that the story gave way to the visual effects, I don't really remember being blown away by any of the special effects here. The fights pretty much use all the same tricks that we're used to. Motorcycles driving through groups of people. Groups of suited characters running at each other. Flying characters badly inserted into the shot. I dunno, given that it's not everyday that a Rider x Sentai movie happens, I do kind of wish it had been a lot better. It's not bad or anything, but it's just straight middle of the road stuff and sort of forgettable, which is sort of a pity.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

This movie wasn't as bad as I heard it was. There were some plotholes here and there, but it was still overall a fun movie to watch.

I really like how they paired up the casts of the different series together, such as Kaitou and Hina. That was neat considering how you'd never see that in a normal teamup special.

Damn, Joe had a lot of screentime this movie. It was definitely nice to see him react to the different situations surrounding him, such as Marvelous working with Zangyack and Tsukasa destroying the Sentai armies.

I don't understand how the hell Marvelous went back to the year 1976. Did he use TimeRanger's Grand Power or something?

I was a bit surprised when I found out that Marvelous and Tsukasa set up that whole plot of the Rider x Sentai Taisen. I didn't really expect that; in fact, I was hoping that the two teams found a way to work together like the Goseiger and Gokaiger movie last year.

I like how Toei paired up the yearly series together during that battle. Maskman and KR Black, MagiRanger and Hibiki, Den-O and GekiRanger (watching Urataros hitting on Ran was pretty funny. Shame that wasn't Ran's real voice in the suit though), and probably more.

Watching the Gokaigers transforming into the OOO combos was pretty fun. A shame that they only used GokaiGalleon Buster and not the actual OOO attacks.

Watching Decade, Ryuki, and Blade using the Goseiger cards was neat. I kinda expected that when I saw how OOO was sharing his powers with the Gokaigers.

So... we still have no idea who the hell Narutaki is. After three years since Decade's finale, we still have no clue who the damn guy is. I am disappointed at that.

So Kaitou betrayed everyone. A bit surprising, but then again, we need that big robot fighting scene in space, so it had to be done.

Man, Fourze and the Go-Busters had literally no screen time at all. I wanted to see more interactions between the Go-Busters and the Gokaigers.

I still pair Hina and Eiji forever.
Kairiki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryosuke
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kairiki »

That was a pretty interesting movie. And confusing. And Tsukasa's hair, which I know everyone has talked about but still, what was going on with that.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Hmm yeah... Tsukasa's hair.. I was like wtf about that.

And I liked how at the end when Fourze is doing the "Space kitaaa!" that he got Go-busters to do it. Not only that in the back, you can see Gai doing it as well.
(Not sure if you'd count it, but I think Hina is sorta doing it too.)
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I don't get why Tsukasa's hair style was so confusing. It was like that in the All Riders vs. Dai Shocker movie.
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

Now that I've rewatched it, it doesn't sit around as well the second time. However I still find it impossible to not get the chills when that large group shot of all the Riders and Sentai are together.

Here's to hoping for more character focused KR x SS movies in the future.
SacredCultivator wrote:And I liked how at the end when Fourze is doing the "Space kitaaa!" that he got Go-busters to do it. Not only that in the back, you can see Gai doing it as well.
Small things like this make movies for me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I been waiting to make this post for quite some time. This is a plea that Toei will never hear but I feel it should be said regardless.

For the love of God, Toei, stop trying to be so grand with so little time. I feel that a massive undertaking like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai should have multiple movies not just one 90 minute movie. With multiple movies, you can easily plot out a good storyline that doesn't feel so clunky and give proper screentime for whatever characters it deserves the focus on. This reminds me of the recent Precure New Stage movie where it had all the Precure but a good amount of them were just there or barely had a speaking role.

So Toei, either make it grander or go smaller scale like having Fourze VS Go-Busters or even Decade VS Gokaigers. There's no reason you should keep trying to cram everything in 90 minutes except you want the easy cashgrab and don't really care having a good plot especially for a massive scope of this film.

Anyway the plea is over and now talk about the movie. Yeah it seems weird to me that Fourze and the Go-Busters didn't get much screentime in the movie. Hina got more screen time than all of them and she isn't a Rider at all. Speaking of Hina, does anyone else think that her role in the movie was supposed to be Natsumi from Decade? It seems to make more sense for me to have her in it compared to Hina where she was out of place with Daiki, Joe, and Don. Overall it was okay but definitely not great or even good though.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, I was thinking that on the second time I watched this. Her role does seem an awful lot like Natsumi's role just slightly changed to give her super strength. If you changed the character, would anyone notice anything different? Probably not.

Toei, we got all the sentai, what happened to all the extra riders? No Femme, no Accel, no secondary riders before OOO. Lame.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if that's a fair criticism for Hina, given that the generic supporter girl isn't really all that different between Rider series. You guys might as well complain about why Don is there, since he doesn't do anything. The Silva guy even scans around and goes "nope, no more Sentai members left". The main group of characters is a mixed bag, any way we draw it.

I don't really have any complaints about the characters. I think the mixed bag works. Kaitou is kind of a sleazy Rider to begin with, so it makes sense that he and Joe would have a rough relationship. Kaitou inadvertently saves Hina, and she acts as his moral compass. I guess Don acts as Joe's moral compass. And Kaitou standing up for Joe was really good. Kaitou is a quirky guy, but he has his particular code with which he lives by. So yeah, I did enjoy the main group in this movie.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Since i'm a fan of Maskman and Kamen Rider Black when i was a child, Maskman and KR Black's combination attack was so tough.

I miss those heroes even that villain Shadow Moon.

By the way, i've never heard of Bio Hunter Silva when i was watching Bioman.
I was amazed of Red One's Fire Sword to defeat Ichigou and Nigou... literally.

:o That was the best movie i've ever seen after 199 movie.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

I'll still pair Eiji and Hina forever.

But why the hell after Kaito have been hit by the attack of the go-buster fourze-oh he didn't get sliced?WTF IS A GIANT DRILL AGAINST A MAN!!

And after all,Tsukasa acts like he can be Kaito's wife.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

HW-DiEnd wrote:I'll still pair Eiji and Hina forever.

But why the hell after Kaito have been hit by the attack of the go-buster fourze-oh he didn't get sliced?WTF IS A GIANT DRILL AGAINST A MAN!!

go-buster fourze-oh!? do you mean Rocket Go-Buster Oh?

Giant Drill against the big machine?! hahahah :lol: :lol:

HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

DaVinci030 wrote:
HW-DiEnd wrote:I'll still pair Eiji and Hina forever.

go-buster fourze-oh!? do you mean Rocket Go-Buster Oh?

Giant Drill against the big machine?! hahahah :lol: :lol:
The Big Machine's cockpit was broken,so the giant drill would slice DiEnd.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”