Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze Movie released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... ace_Kitaaa!!

I like how Kengo gets to do a bunch of kicks and stuff, despite having a body made of frail jello.

Where did they get the epic music for Wizard's cameo? Is that on a soundtrack somewhere? I don't think I've heard it used in Wizard yet.

I really enjoyed the scene where they hand out the Switches. I love guest cameos and this is so fitting with the theme of friendship in Fourze. Also, Hara Mikie got the Flash Module? That's hilarious.

What a good movie. I was worried that Hara's character was a bit too rigid, but she turned out okay when they became friends.

The satellite is a Transformer!

I like the way Gamou's lackeys act. Leo gets angry while Libra's first instinct... is to run away.

Too bad Fusion didn't combine Ryuusei with Gentarou. It seems kind of silly to be doing Ryuusei's mannerisms too.

List of who got which Switches: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... itch_Users

List of the guests:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... aaa!!#Cast

Including voice acting work by the guy who did Wolzard from MagiRanger.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR Fourze Movie released

Post by ReversedSentai »

No words can describe how amazing this movie was. The out-of-suits fighting was pretty damn amazing, and seeing Kinoshita Ayumi in toku again brings a smile to my face, even if she is a klutz/villain here. The Ryuusei vs. Inga out-of-suit fights were simply amazing.

Playing the Giant Step MV during the training was pretty nice. I love how this film gave every members of the Kamen Rider Club a lot of screen time. Watching Kengo doing some cool stunts was definitely a nice touch.

Fourze using all of those Astro Switches was awesome. Most of them were used like once in the series and then never used again so it's nice to see them return.

Wizard suddenly showing up was just random. I did find it weird how he didn't know what a Kamen Rider is prior.

I absolutely love how they got back all the minor characters from the series to press the 40 Switches for Gentarou. That was a truly moving scene, and it really moved me inside.

And last but not least, Ryuusei getting a kiss on the cheek by Inga was adorable. That was quite a surprise to me when I saw it, since I didn't think I'd see this in a kids show. Seeing Tomoko's jealously was also pretty cute.

Overall, I was beyond pleased with this film. It's definitely the best Kamen Rider movie I've seen in a long time. There's action, drama, romance, amazing out-of-suit scenes, and not to mention the whole theme of the race against machines. I don't care what the Fourze haters say; this series is amazing and it's definitely something I'll miss. Lord knows I'm gonna re-watch this again soon.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST (Kamen Rider) MOVIE EVER!!!!!

As ReversedSentai said, I agree with everything mentioned.

In the underground scene with all those pillars... is that the same scene used in Death Game Park?

And I'll admit the cameo's getting everyone to pray for Gentarou got me too, I was like.. wtf, why I feel like this, such a touching scene.

Kiss scene, the whole time I was just thinking, "Show me Tomoko, show me Tomoko" and when I saw her, ahh that aura.

Love it!
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

SacredCultivator wrote:In the underground scene with all those pillars... is that the same scene used in Death Game Park?
They've reused it many times, as with the warehouse at the beginning as well. It's one of their 'stock places' for shooting toku shows.

It wasn't too bad a movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit; with all the action going on, who wouldn't?

The running around and giving out the switches was a bit... odd, but touching still. I'm surprised by how they managed to grab so many of the guests back for the movie.

QueenDizer and J(ac)KDizer? Seriously, how convenient...

I think the oddest thing still has to be Kengo fighting. In the series, he pretty much faints/runs/hides whenever there's action.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Speaking of the guests, I went to a lot of trouble figuring out who the guests were until I found out there's a list on the Japanese wiki:

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... itch_Users

I got about 35 of the 40 with only one real mistake. Not too bad
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

This movie surprised me! I'm generally pretty ambivalent about Kamen Rider movies, and this one was just as weird in terms of plot, but I enjoyed it overall.

LOVED Queendizer and JKdizer. I love a callback like that.

Also really enjoyed the Switches scene. I tried to remember as many of the faces as I could, but I'll be damned if I didn't miss about half of them. Guess I need to rewatch Fourze sometime. XD

Really loved how many of the ex-Horoscopes got switches, not to mention the Chairman! Reminded me of the finale of OOO Wonderful. I really enjoy the trope where the series villains ally themselves with the heroes temporarily.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Guess I’ll be the Debbie Downer, since I was so disappointed with this movie that I actually regret buying it. I’ve been struggling to put into words just what bugged me about the movie. I think it all comes back to a suspension of disbelief issue. I recognize that this a tokusatsu program intended for children and not the sort of thing I should expect to be “realistic”, but the plot of this movie requires way too many coincidences and hand-waving of issues that should concern the characters to make any sense within the Fourze universe.

No one is suspicious of this random woman who knows all about the Kamen Rider Club, or even upset that she’s brought to the Rabbit Hutch. No one finds it odd that a secret organization puts all of them through astronaut training, even though more than half of them are minors and there has to be people a lot more qualified than them capable of shutting down a dangerous, sentient satellite. I could almost buy that this organization is specifically looking for the assistance of the Kamen Riders, but that doesn’t explain why the Club doesn’t question why the rest of them are brought along for the ride, or how they are aware of both Fourze and Meteor’s identities. (To be fair, Ryuusei briefly considers that question, but shrugs it off.) As for the training sequence, it was humorous, but completed within an impossibly short span of time.

(With all of the above complaints, I thought the use of the spacecraft from the MegaMax movie was a refreshing in-universe explanation of how they were getting up to the satellite.)

The fight against the 12 Horoscopes was almost too chaotic to enjoy. Maybe it just requires more than one viewing to appreciate. Still, the Club’s reaction to seeing all 12 together was practically non-existent. They’ve never even seen Pisces at this point in the series, and they don’t even question how they exist when so many of the Horoscopes Switchers lost their memories or went to the Nebula...or are Yuuki. Sure, they figure out they’re just energy by doing a scan, but the reaction of the Club is just a resigned “oh, time to fight all 12 commanders” instead of surprise or something until they do so.

It felt weird that Ryuusei was the one to finally ask Inga what her story was. Gentarou tries to befriend everyone (including machines, as repeatedly stated in the movie), but I don't him considering even once about trying to reach an understanding with Inga and/or Black Knight. When the entire series is based around your lead befriending everyone he meets, even those intending to hurt him, having him ignore two people that end up being heroes is pretty out of character.

Why was Powerdizer in the satellite, let alone two extra Powerdizers for Miu and JK?

It was definitely fun to have a series reunion of sorts by having the people Gentarou bonded with, even some of the more minor characters, press the switch to create the Fusion switch. I liked the effort that was made to give everyone a switch that was important to their focus episode(s), or that signaled their importance to Gentarou. Along those lines, I thought it was a nice bit of foreshadowing by giving Gamou the Drill switch, since that’s what ultimately defeats him. I missed that Inga got the Flash switch. Nice catch. Trying to spot all the Easter Eggs was probably the highlight of the movie for me.

Since I’ve been negative enough, I’ll just say that I wasn’t fond of Gentarou suddenly fighting just like Meteor after he got Fusion.

To me, Fourze as a series ended on a high note. It didn’t answer all of the questions it posed, but it did a reasonably good job of wrapping up the important loose ends. This movie just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Wizard’s BGM was on the movie soundtrack (track 10, I think), but I’m pretty sure that’s the only time it’s been released.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Guess I’ll be the Debbie Downer

Heh, that's perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with having the contrary opinion, and I'm sure your reasons for it will be fairly thoughtful either way.

When we saw Exodus, I thought that the twist would be that they're working with Foundation X. Maybe they were? That would explain where all those resources came from. I guess it doesn't bother me that much that the Rider Club are working with a mystery organization without much question. They didn't really give that much reason to be suspicious of them and I was fooled by Skydain's act up until the point of the revelation.

>The fight against the 12 Horoscopes was almost too chaotic to enjoy.

And long. It's kind of the problem with CGI'ed movies. The action scenes wear out there welcome because they normally have no impact. "Ho hum, I'm sure Fourze will use all his toys and beat all the enemies. Totally predictable"

> They’ve never even seen Pisces at this point in the series, and they don’t even question how they exist when so many of the Horoscopes Switchers lost their memories or went to the Nebula...or are Yuuki.

Oh, I totally missed that point. Yeah, I guess Pisces isn't introduced till the day after the movie was released.

>It felt weird that Ryuusei was the one to finally ask Inga what her story was... When the entire series is based around your lead befriending everyone he meets, even those intending to hurt him, having him ignore two people that end up being heroes is pretty out of character.

That's a pretty good point. Even if Ryuusei were the one to ultimately extend the olive branch, Gentarou should have at least considered what Inga was about.

>Why was Powerdizer in the satellite, let alone two extra Powerdizers for Miu and JK?

Yeah, that was pulled out of the ass XD Do we even see them fight in them? I don't remember. I guess Miu must be a lot stronger now since she can operate one of those things without pulling a Kengo

>I liked the effort that was made to give everyone a switch that was important to their focus episode(s), or that signaled their importance to Gentarou.

Oh yeah, some of those choices were great. Like the fly guy got the Net Switch. The photographer girl got the camera switch, Yayoi who was in journalism got the pen switch. If you look at the list, it's very thoughtful for who got what Switches.

> Along those lines, I thought it was a nice bit of foreshadowing by giving Gamou the Drill switch, since that’s what ultimately defeats him.

I was thinking more that he was the Archer which pierces everything, and drills pierce.

> I missed that Inga got the Flash switch. Nice catch. Trying to spot all the Easter Eggs was probably the highlight of the movie for me.

It was a lot of fun trying to figure those out.

>Since I’ve been negative enough, I’ll just say that I wasn’t fond of Gentarou suddenly fighting just like Meteor after he got Fusion.

That bothered me too. I kind of wish the Fusion Switch combined Ryuusei with Gentarou instead of just his powers. It doesn't make too much sense to have Gentarou suddenly copying Ryuusei's mannerisms.

>Wizard’s BGM was on the movie soundtrack (track 10, I think), but I’m pretty sure that’s the only time it’s been released.

Interesting. I don't really pick up soundtrack CDs though, oh well.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Some of the things that PHurricane are valid but at the same time, I can ignore most of them. I think with the Horoscopes appearing, I can chalk it up to that they were trying to get to Exodus and reacting to their appearance is the last thing they should do. Ryuusei befriending Inga didn't seem odd to me since Gentarou was more hung on on XVII and trying to befriend the ultimate machine. The one thing that seemed odd when Fourze and Meteor fought Groudain and Skydain for the first time or lack of footage and cutting to them getting knocked off by their combo attack. Also I hate the vocal distortions they do for new Riders in the summer movies especially with Wizard. The only line that wasn't distorted was "It's Showtime." And surprised that Haruto himself didn't make an appearance in the movie.

Overall, the movie was fun to watch and I personally thought XVII's robot mode was the SDF-1 from Macross.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Mikie Hara kicking ass right off the bat. Leo kicked much ass too. Black knight's suit is very cool.

LOL @ Gen doing the friendship handshake with the mouse.

Holy shit! Jasmine! And she's a dojikko?

Nice bike action, Mikie! The car chase sequence was cool, but that 4z x knight fight was awesome. And I liked the way 4z used his switches in the fight. Ryusei fighting is always cool, but Mikie used a 1 inch punch on him.

THe training sequence was funny. And Kengo surprised me. Ryusei owned the instructor.

Everybody does a power walk. And look, it's the ship from the War movie.

Isn't it strange? I don't think we had seen the form of Sagittarius in the series when the film was released...

Oh, I guess that's the 1st time Ryu and Gen transformed together.

Another awesome fight for Meteor and 4z. And another great use for the switches. And suddenly, Wiz shows up curving bullets and shit. So, Gen taught him what a KR was. That was nice, though only Ryusei had the right reaction. How could they just let him take care of the enemies if they didn't know if he was capable of doing it? And Wiz teaching his name to Gen was too much... Wiz also seemed a bit out of character.

I'd forgotten that JK doesn't like when they use his real name.

What? Sewers inside a spaceship? I know that's a traditional place to shoot toku, but...

Even power dizer got some action.

That plot twist was unexpected until Jasmine started to act strange. Blue Kyodain looks cool, but red is a bit strange. Couldn't they use their own fodder instead of dustars?

It was nice how they made Shun fight like a american football player instead of a martial artist.

So everybody became action heroes. And Jk reminded me of Ryuta. And LOL @ Ryusei being aware of the trope. LOL at K Q J Dizer. And @ Gen saying he doesn't work on logic.

Friendship creates a new switch. I didn't remember many of the people Gen helped though.

Fusion states looks cool and his mix of Gen and Ryu moves in his fighting style is awesome. The power mix is nice too.

The space car fight was good too.

Hah, he did a friendship handshake with a giant robo. Ryusei, the womanizer.

It was a lot of fun. The action was great, the plot was ok and didn't have loose ends, Mikie Hara was awesome and there was enough comedy.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Only Pisces wasn't revealed before the movie came out in theaters which she was revealed the day after the movie came out. As Wizard being out of character, they usually haven't fully gotten the character concepts of the next Rider during filming of the movie so they have to do it sort on the fly.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

This is pretty much the best Kamen Rider Movie ever.

There was just way to much kick ass in this movie.

Thank you for subbing this.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

...Of course Wizard doesn't know about Kamen Riders... Why are people surprised about this?

Best thing I ever saw since Gurren Lagann.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

This film was absolutely amazing! Definitely one of the best KR films I've seen. Great design on the baddies, INCREDIBLE choreography, and seeing Ayumi Kinoshita is always a treat :)
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

DAMN

That's all I have to say.

A shame really, I was kinda hoping Super-1 would make an appearance, given he is also a space hero and such.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”