Forum rules
Wiki Link

< OOO | Fourze | Wizard >
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Fumika Shimizu/Yuuki Joujima from Fourze is now a Cultist

Post by HowlingSnail »

A while back I did the unthinkable and actually bought one of their movies, since it has English subs on the Japanese Blu-Ray. I know, I shouldn't have, but I was curious. The one I bought was Boku no Kanojo wa Mahoutsukai, which got given the official English title of "The Last White Witch".

The basic plot is that Fumika plays the titular "Last White Witch", who are a group of witches who use magic to help others and bring love. They were wiped out by the Black Witches, who use magic for evil. She meets a human guy and he gets involved with defeating the black witches.

The movie itself is basically Disney Channel Original Movie in quality. Well, until about half way through when we get a 20 minute lecture on why El Cantare, the God of Happy Science, is amazing. And in the end the way they defeat the villains is by simply praying for God to smite them, which he does.

It's worth pointing out that Ryuho Cantbebotheredtogooglehissurname, the leader of Happy Science, is credited as an Executive Producer. I believe he's also officially considered to be a reincarnation of El Cantare. So technically the movie credits God as an Executive Producer.

In short, don't buy this or any of their movies. I wish I hadn't. The premise would have actually been alright made by anyone other than a religious cult. I think she has another movie where she plays an Exorcist. Fuck knows how that turned out.

Tempted to rip my Blu-Ray and stick it on Nyaa just so more people can experience it without giving them money.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Wow, that's actually worse than I expected it to be.

Must be really strong kool-aid they're drinking
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Didn't they cult marry her to the son of the cult leader too?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

One of them. Incidentally the other toku actress, whasserface from Ultraman, is married to yet another of his sons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man that was hard to lookup. It's Kirara from Ultraman Ginga

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9B%B2 ... %E5%84%AA)
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

For what it's worth, I feel like the English title (The Last White Witch) of the movie I watched is better than the Japanese title (Watashi no Kanojo wa Mahoutsukai). Cause I feel like the Japanese title is promising a bit more "Boy and girl get up to fun and mischief with her magic powers" than the movie actually delivers. All we really get is her helping him cheat on a test (I don't think God would approve of that), and her changing the contents of the bento she made for him cause she cooked food he doesn't like. No wacky magical hijinks.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Thread necro-ing because this just happened:

https://japannews.yomiuri.co.jp/society ... 302-94573/

I'm interested to see what will happen without their literal god. Will the cult just dissolve or will one of his kids pick it up?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'm gonna be following this because the drama is just too delicious. It's been about one day since his death was announced, and already cracks are showing.

1) They're going to hold a "resurrection spell ceremony" in order to bring him back to life (participation fee: 300 dollars). No word on what excuse they'll give when this fails.

2) The official website has removed the page of his named successor, his eldest daughter. She was listed as the reincarnation of the goddess Amaterasu, but now has been downgraded as the reincarnation of a luck spirit (it's a bit more nuanced than that but I'm keeping it easy to understand). All of the children's pages have disappeared, only his second wife's page remains.

3) Happy Science receives a payment of 200 billion yen (almost 1.5 billion dollars) upon Okawa's death. This is not subject to inheritance taxes. I have no doubt his ex-wife, wife, four non-estranged children, and the cult itself will all be fighting over this money.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>3) Happy Science receives a payment of 200 billion yen (almost 1.5 billion dollars) upon Okawa's death. This is not subject to inheritance taxes. I have no doubt his ex-wife, wife, four non-estranged children, and the cult itself will all be fighting over this money.

From who? And for what? Why isn't that subject to inheritance tax?

I forget, is this the same cult that was associated with former PM Abe which got him shot?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I guess Okawa left the money in his will to the cult? It's not very clear to be honest, I have a feeling there's legal mumbo jumbo that the news is simplifying. It's tax free because it's technically a religious organization.

And no, the Abe cult is the Unification Church, a South Korean pseudo-Christian cult whose founders were smart enough to only label themselves as the "true parents" of the church and the second coming of Christ so there probably wasn't as much of a problem when the founders died.

EDIT: I misread, Okawa left behind 200 billion yen in assets which as a religious leader is not taxed. It's unlikely he had a will, usually inheritance goes wholy to the spouse, or split evenly between children if spouse is already deceased. There's definitely an argument to be made here that if the second wife marries again, then his children can't receive the inheritance money. She already seems to be shoring up and attempting a takeover.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

wait, if a widow gets remarried in japan they don't get their children no longer get inheritance money?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

The kids are all from his first marriage, so if she remarries and has kids it'll be a legal muddle. It's a legal muddle now. Hell, it was only recently that illegitimate children were given equal inheritance shares to legitimate kids.

And though I swear I saw information saying Shimizu/Sengen was married to his second son, I can't find anything saying that now. Maybe I just dreamed it up?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:31 pm The kids are all from his first marriage, so if she remarries and has kids it'll be a legal muddle. It's a legal muddle now. Hell, it was only recently that illegitimate children were given equal inheritance shares to legitimate kids.

And though I swear I saw information saying Shimizu/Sengen was married to his second son, I can't find anything saying that now. Maybe I just dreamed it up?
Was it the first or the second son? She changed her name to sengen? lol really?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I could have sworn she married the second son. The third is still definitely married to Kirara.

And yeah, her stage name is Sengen but it's spelled 千眼
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:56 am I could have sworn she married the second son. The third is still definitely married to Kirara.
Kira Kilala???

Anyway the reason sengen is so funny is because it's basically calling her the propoganda girl. You know you're in good hands when you're treated as the functional tool for the organization you're a part of

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”