Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 03 released

Post by takenoko »

Pretty good character development this time. The action was good too, that sliding down the hallway thing was a pretty good scene. Well, except for the commander screaming, that was... really weird.

Gorisaki at the Enetron Tank, "Open dammit, open!"

Heh, banana missiles, it's silly but awesome at the same time.

Hopefully some kids were scared of the people getting turned into cyborgs, since that was a thing that freaked me out as a kid.

It's also neat that they included the change of time so that it went from day to dusk when they defeated the small guy to night time for the mecha battle. I can't remember the last time something like that was done.

Heh, 02 swinging on the bars to cross the bridge on fire. Hey, that reminds me of how Jonty pointed out that Ryuuji escaped Enter by using the parallel bars in the last episode. (Hopes for a kick a raptor move in a future episode)

A sword in car mode? PatStriker?! Eh, I kind of wish that was the finishing move since it was a lot more interesting than the fall out of the air and land on the opponent with the sword move that was used two episodes now.

Why did they leave Youko behind in the hospital? That's dumb. Gorisaki could have passed on the Enetron to her helicopter vehicle or she could have helped Hiromu in battle. I guess staying and being useless with the patients who clearly aren't ICU patients is just as important?! No gorilla penis for plugging into the hospital?

My only nitpick is that this kind of story always happens during a blackout and that the generators are the emergency generators that have limited energy. I'm not sure why they didn't do it this way since it implies the hospital isn't connected to the power network like the rest of the city.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Go-Busters 03 released

Post by Arigomi »

It looks like the staff realized how throwing the sunglasses away looked stupid. Instead of explaining it, they just stopped doing it.

Does anyone know if Enter is using some kind of thick accent when he speaks in French? It always sounds a bit garbled to me.

I'm surprised that there wasn't any follow up on the humans that got turned into cyborgs. Did they turn back to normal after the Metaroid was defeated?
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Thank god no glasses. I really liked this one. All of them were featured well. I like the brother sister relationship red and yellow are getting. And so far they are making up for total lack of individual fights in Gokaiger. But what the? Yellow was in the hospital for no reason. Badly forced. What was she gonna do. Keep saying it's alright... Red Buster is totally stealing Pat Strikers moves.
Decade Wing-Form
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: AbareBlack-Asuka
Favorite Actor?: Kaoru Abe
Favorite Band: MBLAQ
My boom: Abaranger
Quote: HAPPY BIRTHDAY OOO

Post by Decade Wing-Form »

I rather enjoyed the episode I like how 02 uses the bridge like monkey bars.
I can see 02 being either the arms or the legs of the combined mecha when they have one
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Once again there be a wall of text in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler
-I love how Enter took the time to do the animation of the Megazords stomping the Go-busters.

-I'm wondering, what if Messiah is the combined mentality of the parents of the Go-BUsters? If you notice Enter says Allo! Three times pointing at different angles.

-Needleroid.... Scary

-That Big Arm that you see every time the show the other world....Probably part of the Messiah's Megazord in the finale.

-I love how in the intro Yellow Buster is fighting four megazords at once just like in Enter's plan. lol

-The whole human turning android thing didn't freak me out until now...

-The callback to the Ca Va Saba joke. Really good.

-I think Enter might be attracted to Hiromu... he went all 'Oh La la' at him...

-On that note Enter is speaking ALOT more French than he did in the past two episodes.

-I sort of miss the timer at his point. There should have been one at the start of the episode when they showed the Megazord. Also Youko why must you be so pissed again. Your smile was awesome. Oh Messiah must of screwed things up with the path with his outburst.

-Correction Hiromu. She is 16, which is legal in some countries and a teenager in others. Not a child.

-You should know about your weakpoint eh? Didn't you stood there staring at the truck in the last episode KNOWING there was a chicken on it. You could have turned around or something...

-I didn't even realize they threw their sunglasses. I think it was because they were inside for a while so they didn't have to make a show of it. I predict the throwing sunglasses will be back next week.

-Wait.....WHY DON'T YOU JUST PUT YOUR HELMETS BACK ON!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO MORPH AGAIN WHEN YOU ARE.... wait I'm actually pretty sure Mighty Mophin did that a lot now that I'm thinking about it. They would be in the command center without their helmets and then they would morph.

-It took 30 minutes to launch GT-02 in an EMERGENCY LAUNCH?! They should have stuck to regular launch from the last episode... it only took three minutes.

-There is a monster in the building... and they demorph....Are they really that proud of their new transformation sequence that they want to milk it out for all it's worth.

-Banana missiles are awesome. Someone thinks Gorilla will be arms, With how big all the back stuff is on Gorilla I think half of Gorilla will be the chest piece with maybe the legs.

-Again with the morphing and the lazy role call....

-Poor Gorilla, he got a needle up the butt.

-Awe Ace, this was supposed to be Gorilla's big fight.

-The bridge as a jungle gym was actually pretty good.

-I have no comment on the pat striker attack. At least it was part of the car. I always thought it felt a little strange when they did that in Dekaranger.

-That smile on Youko... I think i'm in love.

-xD I love how Ryuuji said the exact same thing I said last week.

-About the episode though... It really didn't feel like Sentai. I liked it but this series is completely different than the norm.

:D
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Okay, I'm actually quite freaked out by the people turning into cyborgs. And why are they more zombie-like than robot-like?

Cool symbol of the Buster animals on the side of GT-02. But Banana missiles? Slip-and-fall? Really?!

On a side note, how many bloody times did they morph in this episode?!
Ximara
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Marvel
Quote: "Where'd you get the name Ximara?"
"It's my nobody name."

Post by Ximara »

Bannana...Missiles...quite possibly the most awesome projectile I've ever encountered...

Everytime that bunny says "Roger Rabbit", I start to chuckle...and get flashbacks of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". Any movie with Christopher Lloyd, especially one where he's a homicidal cartoon, is just film gold.

I enjoy Hiromu's straight forwardness, especially since he's completely serious about it and doesn't seem to realise that what he's saying offends/pisses the other party off. I cracked up during the spat he had with Youko, mostly because of Ryuuji's reaction in the background. I like Ryuuji so far as well, but I'm rather fond of his actor and have seen him in a few other things so he has an unfair advantage. Youko I'm kind of on the outs about at the moment. She's been pretty bratty so far which is a big turn off character-wise for me. That and she really hasn't done anything yet to support all the experience she's been ranting about so far so it just kind of seems like empty boasting to me at this point. I mean, Hiromu's on par with her and he was "home schooled" for lack of better term. It might just be that I'm a bit tougher on the girl characters, I like to expect more from them since they're representing my gender and as of yet she really hasn't done anything to make her stand out to me.

So far I like the show, it's not painful to watch which is always a plus. I reserve my full seal of approval, however, until I see more of course.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This series is turning out to be a good mix of Rescue and Sentai elements.

For those complaining about Yellow/Youko being left at the hospital, it could be that she was there to help out because they were short handed on staff and needed some extra help. *that and it doesn't make sense to use two new mecha forms at the same time.

Funny how just the word causes ERROR in Red/Hiromu.

Speaking of funny, Banana Missiles, nuf sed.

Also, I know this may be asking much, but can the viewers get a note about the French Enter is using? I took Spanish in school and slowly getting pieces of Japanese from anime and toku, but French, uh... what is that 'si vious plait' line? As for the accent, is his suppose to a cross of Osaka-ben and Foreign tongue?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

French is easy enough to google the phrases, it's not worth it to put a TL note every single time. And the accent, well, it's Japanese accented French.
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

Hmmm. Maybe Youko stayed behind just in case Enter and some leftover mooks were still creeping about the hospital? Would be pretty embarrassing if they refilled the Enertron tank, and Enter just took the place over and drained the tank again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well that's the thing with Go-Busters, overall it's a pretty fun show and I like the immature characters for Youko and Hiromu. It gives them room to grow. But then there's all these little things that come off as poorly thought out and break me out of the experience. Like the time in Goseiger when they were looking for a person and one person looked in a mailbox or something. I don't know if that was meant to be funny because it's so silly, but it just comes off as being stupid.

I think the repeat of the transformation effect just to put the helmets back on is more guilty of that than the Youko thing though. The Youko thing and the lack of the hospital staff regaining their human forms was just lazy, but their inability to put the helmets back on is ridiculous. It breaks the rule of "No one would ever do something like that if this were a real thing"

It's like whoever came up with the sunglasses design watched western movies and went "Oh yeah, sunglasses are cool" but doesn't understand the reason why they are cool. It's just a terrible joke at this point.
http://countzaglasses.com/
Ah, up to 13. Good good, that's about 4 per episode so far. 4 retarded things per episode.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Kuchiri wrote:
Spoiler
-Correction Hiromu. She is 16, which is legal in some countries and a teenager in others. Not a child.
Spoiler
Just for the record, in Japan 20 is the age of majority. So legally yes, she still is a child while Hiromu is an adult, if only just

Random thought: Three episodes in and still no combined mecha. Has any other series (at least since the combining mecha became the norm) gone this long without showing the combined form? Every series I've watched has debuted them by at least episode 2 if not the climax of the first episode (and Gokaiger in the first few minutes of the first episode!).
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

^in older shows, they tend to wait until near 10 to show the full mech, and make more of a big deal of it. For newer shows, Magiranger got the Magiking in episode 4.

I must say, I'm loving this show. I love how much world-building it's been doing, and how much the writers cared about explaining stuff. I'm liking both the cast and their characters. The acting, for the most part, was good. Oh, and Yellow is really beautiful when she smiled.

The action and aesthetic is refreshingly different. Again, the influence of the Kamen Rider crew working on this show. I just love the out-of-suit fights, it was well choreographed, and convincingly make you believe that the in-suit and out-of-suit person is the same. Of course it's not, but that's not the issue here.

Also, I like how intense the Commander is when he's agitated. We need more scenes with him.

I didn't skip the ending song, something I rarely do. I'm not a fan of the dance EDs, but I really like this one.

One last thing; Banana Missiles.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

As always, HUGE thanks to the wonderful TV-N team on the kickass subs!

I've learned some things from Sentai in the last few years. Not all of my new knowledge has been fun to obtain, but at least the last several years of TV-Nihon's subs made them memorable. For example, Go-Onger taught me that it was possible for me to outright dislike a Sentai series, even with awesome subs. Shinkenger taught me that my new all time favorite Sentai was even BETTER with TV-N (both the great subs and these forums to see how others reacted to things as we went)! Goseiger taught me that my dislike of Go-Onger was not a fluke, and I could dislike more than one Sentai team... but that's okay, because these forums were here to assure me my tastes are just off-center and many others did enjoy it. I don't have to be happy with everything, as long as others enjoy it.

Episodes 1-3 of Go-Busters taught me my most recent lesson... the joke about "even year" Sentai isn't just a joke. I enjoyed Boukenger (and from Denziman to Gekiranger there were teams I was either more or less fond of, of course but never one I completely disliked), so I have scoffed at the whole "every other Sentai will be silly and D_B will hate it" concept... but it seems to be true these days. *shrug*
Live and learn.
takenoko wrote:...there's all these little things that come off as poorly thought out and break me out of the experience. Like the time in Goseiger when they were looking for a person and one person looked in a mailbox or something. I don't know if that was meant to be funny because it's so silly, but it just comes off as being stupid.

I think the repeat of the transformation effect just to put the helmets back on is more guilty of that than the Youko thing though. The Youko thing and the lack of the hospital staff regaining their human forms was just lazy, but their inability to put the helmets back on is ridiculous. It breaks the rule of "No one would ever do something like that if this were a real thing"

It's like whoever came up with the sunglasses design watched western movies and went "Oh yeah, sunglasses are cool" but doesn't understand the reason why they are cool. It's just a terrible joke at this point.
http://countzaglasses.com/
Ah, up to 13. Good good, that's about 4 per episode so far. 4 retarded things per episode.
Pretty well sums up everything I feel about the series, too. Unfortunately, there isn't enough going on with it that I like to offset these issues.

Anyway, just checking in to say THANKS for all the effort on the subs, I am sure those enjoying this series will love you for it, and I appreciate it in spite of my dislike of this specific series. I won't be watching anymore of Go-Busters, but I am grateful for the high quality subs and the crew at TV-Nihon all the same.
Thanks guys and gals! Keep up the good work! I'll be watching all your other releases and waiting to see where we go next year!
Please delete this account.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

If you look closely in the beginning of the episode, Youko uses her jump ability instead of the cables, and Hiromu use super speed when Enter attacks them. I like it.
about Youko in the hospital. It makes sense. It's obvious Enter escaped, but...what if he didn't? it makes sense one of them would stay in the hospital until it is safe to assume the danger is gone.
About being 02 who goes for the enetron, i guess he is the one with the bigger tank.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”